Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#201 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...705/354471.page

Oahu is out! Woohoo!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Inventor
#202 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM
I can highly recommend this world: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/249858.page
The lots and the scenery are awesome. It has various districts, an old town, a downtown and everything what a world should offer in my opinion. And the sims and their stories are creative and funny. Definitely worth a look!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Field Researcher
#203 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
About a month ago I stumbled upon this amazing world called Harmony, you can find it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/347942.page

Harmony manages to fit a suburb, an urban downtown, a swamp, a farming village, a mountain, and a desert all into one world in a believable way which I think is an amazing feat. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for sims that represent different subcultures too. I have about 80 sims living there and it's a lot of fun. It's going to be even better to play in the suburbs with the prank system in Generations, and I think the horses coming with EP5 will really make the farm town stand out. If an EP focusing on sports comes out I can imagine the beach area will be great for volleyball and fencing tournaments. I highly recommend everyone who enjoys an all-purpose kind of world to try it out, I guarantee you won't regret it. I can definitely imagine sticking with Harmony all the way to the final EP.

Jasumi's Oahu is stunning, I never knew about that one. I love the functioning highway, nice touch. I'm really feeling the SimCity vibes there. I'll have to try it out once it's released though I'll probably need a better computer for it to run well and still look pretty.

Harmony is nice because it has some Sims in it- 8 families. It is not overwhelming (computer lag) like some other worlds because it isn't huge. It's my fav at this point.
:lovestruc
Test Subject
#204 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I can highly recommend this world: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/249858.page
The lots and the scenery are awesome. It has various districts, an old town, a downtown and everything what a world should offer in my opinion. And the sims and their stories are creative and funny. Definitely worth a look!

Thank you for posting this! It looks awesome. I downloaded it and I'm going to check it out tonight. =)
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Well, the new hood I am playing, Emerald City, it may just be the best one I have so far played. There's a couple of dodgy beach lots and ES rabbitholes but nothing that can't be fixed with a little bulldozing. It's awesome :0

I was actually eying up Emerald City the other day. I'm very picky about downloading worlds, but this one looks beautiful.

I've been playing Finnington, without the lots. I like building lots myself, but I'm not very good at world building. It's a good compromise.
Instructor
#206 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:45 PM
Does anyone know what xpacs Harmony requires and if there is another place to dl it? I would love to try it, but the stupid EA site says I am don't have any games registered, but when I try to register it says the code is already registered. I would greatly appreciate it.
Test Subject
#207 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Does anyone know what xpacs Harmony requires and if there is another place to dl it? I would love to try it, but the stupid EA site says I am don't have any games registered, but when I try to register it says the code is already registered. I would greatly appreciate it.

Requires: World Adventures, Ambitions, and Late Night
sims3://download/?assetId=3887967
Instructor
#208 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:08 AM
Thank you, If I don't have WA installed will that really bork the world? I have the xpac, but I just don't really like it but will install it if I have to.
Instructor
#209 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Thank you, If I don't have WA installed will that really bork the world? I have the xpac, but I just don't really like it but will install it if I have to.

That would depend on what the world has.

WA does introduce some additional lot types, and a few objects without a base game equivalent (i.e. nectar maker, martial arts training dummy, etc).
Retired
retired moderator
#210 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:58 AM
I don't think you can use a world unless you have the appropriate EPs installed.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 12:40 AM Last edited by lilfixit : 4th Jul 2011 at 1:54 AM.
Nevermind. I'm blind.

Edit: I did notice however that skills aren't showing up in the skill menu in my Harmony neighborhood. Sims still have them, as Nraas shows them, but it's annoying not to just be able to see it and my sims can't seem to gain new skills. The only new mod I have is the ceiling fan one. So I'm kinda stumped.

Another Edit: It was unrelated. I think it had to do with having custom skills installed (kama simtra).
Scholar
#212 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 1:59 AM
I might try Harmony, but I LOATHE editing towns, it's such a pain in the rear on my computer. Especially putting on lots, ugh!
Forum Resident
#213 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:49 PM
Are there any hoods out that are medium sized worlds, with NO skyscrapers and updated for LN. With all the clubs so I can meet the mixologist challenge? And not another Sunset Valley remake, just really tired of playing with it. But its the only world that plays flawlessly on my PC.
Theorist
#214 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:03 PM
Can anyone recommend small to medium worlds that are updated to LN? What I'm looking for specifically is a small/medium world that has all RH's with a couple clubs/bars. I'd prefer an empty world but I'm cool if it's populated.. I kill and evict any natives anyway lol

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#215 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Can anyone recommend small to medium worlds that are updated to LN? What I'm looking for specifically is a small/medium world that has all RH's with a couple clubs/bars. I'd prefer an empty world but I'm cool if it's populated.. I kill and evict any natives anyway lol

There's Bluebay Retreat by BluebellFlora, for example. Mariner's Reach on the Exchange has a lot of clubs but no RHs, you'd have to use RH rugs somewhere.
Richdre's Bayport at Bear Mountain Creations is very simple, i.e., easy on the computer but has a special City Area with clubs and bars.
They are all unpopulated. I haven't played these yet, however, as I am currently using ruthless_kk's Victorian Bay. It does have all RHs but only two LN venues (Vampire Lounge and Dive Bar)
Scholar
#216 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:25 PM
babele44, what is the Victorian Bay like? If it has a lot of Victorian themed stuff, that would be so cool to try out And is it a smaller world?

And how much is the editing for Harmony? Is there a list somewhere of what doesn't work? Because it looks really nice, but I'm scared to download it...
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

I'd recommend San Biaggio - I've downloaded it a while ago, and I'm still redecorating it according to my taste, but generally the world looks great, and I can't wait to play it.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:06 PM
I'm loving Overlook Bay, but there's just some bits I'd love to change on it. The lots in the downtown part, love to adjust their sizes. The in-game lot placer is way to flaky though, anyone know if theres a CAW version of Overlook Bay?
Mad Poster
#219 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090
I'd recommend San Biaggio - I've downloaded it a while ago, and I'm still redecorating it according to my taste, but generally the world looks great, and I can't wait to play it.

Glad you posted this world. Something I meant to download a while back. Love how it is set up. Want to check it out.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#220 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:02 AM
Ebec, I'm using harmony for my current legacy. There wasn't TOO much editing, but I did put down quite a few new houses and already those are full up of residents. It's really well laid out for playability, and there's still some extra land around that I can use to put more plots down, but as it comes when you download it, there aren't too many houses, which would be ok it you want a smaller population.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#221 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
babele44, what is the Victorian Bay like? If it has a lot of Victorian themed stuff, that would be so cool to try out And is it a smaller world?

{...}
It's a very small (512x512) world and consists mainly of most of the Victorian themed houses by ruthless_kk that are available here on MTS. Looks a bit like a real estate portfolio in that respect . Here's the link to the most recent version http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...81.page#5016366
Just a tiny warning: this world uses more Store objects and, as it seems, custom patterns, than are listed in the Exchange link. At least in some of the houses some walls are not recolourable, which usually means that you lack the pattern.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#222 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:39 AM
My favourite is Galaad by Frances at Sims Design Avenue.
Retired
retired moderator
#223 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
My favourite is Galaad by Frances at Sims Design Avenue.

Wow, I love this place! So neatly arranged!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#224 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 4:21 PM
Great new worlds are being released everyday. Many of them look very interesting. All in all, players have a wide variety of styles to choose from.

However, one should be cautious about recommending anything made within the past month or so, simply because problems like lag may take a while to appear. In some cases, the people recommending a world obviously have not played it; their recomendations need to be taken with a big grain of salt.
Theorist
#225 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090

Thanks for the recommendation. Checking it out now!!

EDIT: OMG!! Thank you so much. I'm loving this little place. I won't bother with the families that come with it since my sims will be nudging them out soon enough Thanks again

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 9 of 42