Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 4:57 AM
Default Recoloring Custom Object Creates Blank File?
Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem and I can't seem to figure out the cause. I tried Googling it but I didn't come up with much of a solution, or nothing that seemed to fit my problem.

Anyway, I've created some custom objects for The Sims 2 and I wanted to create some recolors for them. The objects themselves work fine in the game, and also I've created recolors for other custom objects that weren't my own custom meshes... So I went into the Object Workshop of SimPE, opened my custom object, and selected the option to create a recolor, then saved the file. After the file saved and SimPE opened it it was just a blank file. It had nothing in it besides an empty "AllRes" category. Thinking I might have just missed a step I went back and tried it again and got the same result. So I tried opening up a custom mesh that I had downloaded to see if I could create a recolor of that, and it created a recolor file just fine. So there's something going on with the meshes that I've made and I can't figure out what it is.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 8:03 AM
Didn't think to check. I cloned it from the 12th century vase, which I can't remember if that is recolorable or not (though I don't know if it matters if the cloned item is recolorable or not). If it's not recolorable, how would I fix it so that it is?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 12:58 AM Last edited by ZeonZumDeikun : 11th Aug 2015 at 1:11 AM.
I found a guide about adding a "tsDesignModeEnabled" to the mesh file GMND (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=279613) and followed it, though I'm still not able to create a recolor. It's still just creating a blank recolor file. Hmm...

Edit: Ah, I just noticed that it's missing the MMAT file... I guess that's probably the problem. Hmm... Maybe it would just be easier to clone another object that I know has recolors enabled, and just make the new mesh files all over again...