Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#151 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:41 AM
Actually, it doesn't matter what zoom level your photo is, it should still save at the same size. I used to use PS7 and never had that problem....the quality settings are important though - if the number is too low your image may come out blurry. Just to clarify, are you indeed using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? I still am not sure what may be causing your photos to come out smaller when you save them, I have never seen that before.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:20 AM
Yeah, I was going to say that not being at 100% shouldn't cause the problem. I wish I could actually see what your problem was to be more helpful. Have you searched any photoshop forums deatherella? Oh, I had CS2 (can't find my serial that's why I stopped using it) I will try to jump on my old laptop though and see if I can figure something out for you.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:12 PM
I'm almost done. I lost a nights work because of this! Plus I haven't slept in 2 days, it hapens. Good excuse not to work

Deatherella, there are so many tutorials on google that would probably answer whats going on better. If you would like, I could search for you also. I never had a problem with that one before. So I'm not too sure whats happening.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:40 PM Last edited by wgroome : 15th Nov 2009 at 1:06 PM.
Any sign of Round 3? Wasn't it meant to be up 14.11.09?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome

I think because we are running a little late. A few of us needed extensions. Some aren't even done with round 2 as yet (like me) So thats probably why.
Instructor
#156 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:22 PM
I finally got mine all done. Check it out!

Hey Michele, I love your Possessed Tomato/Human Hybrid shot. Excellently done!
Scholar
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome

Yes, it was but as Michele D said, because of the previous extension round three will be up later. It'll be up later on today and the current round ends in four hours.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 5:17 PM
Default Round Two - Avaleigh O'Hara
REVENGE OF THE KILLER TOMAOTES III:
FRUITATION FROM THE DEEP

"What's going on here, Agent Mulroney?"

"Well, Chief, I'm not enirely sure... some swimmers this morning had reported that there were strange seed looking floaters on the water, and now we're getting reports of missing boaters... they seem to have just vanished. And the strange thing is, the boats are covered these same seed-like growths. I've sent them to the lab for testing, but.... well, they almost look like tomato seeds."

"These tomatoes are taking over my city, Mulroney!"

"Sir, the team and I, we're doing the best we can here..."

"Well do better! Next time it won't be an abandoned warehouse they destroy... it will be civilians homes! Or city buildings! Get this under control, now! There are reports coming in about stange sightings in the warehouse district on the other side of town. Go check it out!"

Agent Mulroney smelled the scent of fresh tomatoes before she even entered the warehouse. She crept slowly through the darkness, trying to make her way toward the sourse of the smell, totally unaware that the source of the smell was closer than she thought.

Ha! I had such an awesome time workin' on this movie. I think my favorite part was gettin' all painted up for the final scenes. It's fun bein' the villian! Unfortunately, it wasn't that much fun for Aria, the actress who played Agent Mulroney. She didn't take too well to bein' second-fiddle to an extra... oh well! Her loss. Hollywood, here I come!

A Step Into Advertising

When I was approached to do an advert for the Irish National Travel Bureau, I was honored... and totally stoked! I love my country, and to get the chance to promote tourism, well, it was just fantastic. When I arrived on scene in a little village not far from my hometown of Galway, I was filled with excitement and pride.

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 6:04 PM Last edited by aba23 : 15th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM.
Default Round 2 - Luke Ster
Wow how exciting is that? I really scored a role in a movie. Well yes the movie is not one of Hollywood’s mega-productions but hey it sounded fun. And in retrospective I can say – I had the chance to show the 100 faces of Lukester. Why I am saying that? Well I had not one role – I had three roles. Yes I know sounds crazy but it’s true. The director had not enough good co-stars and so I had the chance to show off in different scenes.
What made me deserve this honor? Well it was the very first scene that scored me the success. I had to play one of the naval divers who found the treasures of the deep see. The guy at the desk is Derek Beau and he is the star of the movie. He is nice. I liked him but he always got the remark that he only has one face, one mimic. I was much more alterable – that is what the director said.

In the second scene I got to play the guy who furtively was the winner in the ladies game. Jeannie Reel plays “Susu” the nature girl which was also found by the diver’s crew. In real Derek fell for Jeannie but she did not see him, she was with me. During the scenes Derek had to flirt with Jeannie but the script said that “Susu” had to fall for the nerd. Guess who played the nerd???

The last scene for me was the most fun. I got to play the DJ at the after party and even Derek was there again, you know what they say…girls love DJ’s!! The police men came in running to pick up Derek because his search crew had a new treasure. However the last scene was all about the DJ since the DJ had a big surprise for the audience. It was amazing and my appearance in this movie scored me another Job.

I told you I scored another job after the movie were finished. I was hired to do an advertisement for BMW. I could not say no to that. I had to look like the heartbreaker per se, so that the car and I build a perfect match. I actually liked my look in this commercial.
The best part of all was that I could keep the car. I am looking forward to whatever comes next.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Scholar
Original Poster
#160 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:02 PM
Round Three
Moving into Theatre

You've had the chance so far, to delve into both modelling and acting on the big screen but now we're going to take a step into a more refined area of acting: Theatre. Good luck!

Shakespeare, anyone?
This time you have the opportunity to head over to Sim City's illustrious theatre district and act your little hearts out on stage. You have a choice of performing in one of three Shakespeare plays, and the choices are as follows:

A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Tempest
MacBeth

Photographs

You can portray anyone you choose in any one of these plays and two pictures will be needed overall: the pictures must reflect two separate scenes from the play. You must create the stage set as well as ensuring the clothing styles etc are as they would be in these plays.

Lights! Camera! Action!

Our little Agency is being very good to you this week: We have several films that require a main actor - that's right, this is your chance to hit the big time!

Pictures

Two pictures are required for this part as well: you can make up your own movie title but you must make it clear what exactly the movie is about. It can be any genre at all, but the two pictures must reflect two separate scenes in your movie.

Writing

Give a brief on your reasons for chosing the play and film that you did, thoughts and feelings etc.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:13 PM
Wow round three will be a lot work again. I hope I can manage that.

Contest results so far:
Field Researcher
#162 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:35 PM
OMG! Shakespeare! YAY! *runs off to take pictures* Awesome ideas for a challenge, TRIriana!

ETA: Are there going to be eliminations soon? I'd hate to do Round III pics if I'd been booted in Round II!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Scholar
Original Poster
#163 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:45 PM
There won't be eliminations on Round II since I've already posted Round III.

Round two results are still pending - I recieved part of the last judge's scores last night, and I'm trying to get the remainder. Round 3 scores will also be posted asap. ^^.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 10:47 PM Last edited by aba23 : 16th Nov 2009 at 12:34 AM.
I have no idea about shakespeare - even though I share a birthday with him. But I have no idea what this pieces are about and I have no clue what a scene could look like.
That's going to be a tough one for me....

Contest results so far:
The other one
#165 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 11:05 PM
This is a toughy TRIana but I like it , looking forward to seeing results (I'm stalking your contest )

Aba, I remember you saying your first language isn't English so I can understand your worries. I would be pants at this and I read MacBeth in school . If it helps at all I have it on good authority that the Kirsten Dunst film 'Get Over It' is based on A Midsummer Night's Dream. Maybe you could get a vague idea from that though I've not read the original so don't know how accurate it is.

Edit: Is that like blasphemy?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Cher : 16th Nov 2009 at 7:50 AM.
I am done! Sorry for the wait and rush job I did Thank you wndy26! You did a great job! I think all of you did an amazing job!

EDIT EDIT:

Never mind, I just read what was needed. Not sure about this part TRIriana You want one pic from this list?
A Midsummer
Night's Dream
The Tempest
MacBeth
Total of 3 pictures for this round? I think TRIriana is trying to drive me more insane then I already am
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 8:43 AM
I just scrolled through all pages and saw that until now we only have one set of scores in - the ones from the application round. Any signs of round 1 and 2?

Furthermore I have seen that I did not really placed my pictures into the order the others did - my hybrid picture is in the middle of the story - hope that will not cause confusion.

And at last I just read - and therefore misunderstood that my Sim had to be the bad guy in the hybrid picture? Well I did not get that the first time - so I just labeled him as nerd- hope that counts somehow.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#168 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Michele D
I am done! Sorry for the wait and rush job I did Thank you wndy26! You did a great job! I think all of you did an amazing job!

EDIT EDIT:

Never mind, I just read what was needed. Not sure about this part TRIriana You want one pic from this list?
A Midsummer
Night's Dream
The Tempest
MacBeth
Total of 3 pictures for this round? I think TRIriana is trying to drive me more insane then I already am

No, two pictures will be needed from one play.
Instructor
#169 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:53 AM
In case anyone needs it, I have found all of Shakespeare's plays online.
#170 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 12:03 PM
I wish I had joined this contest it seems so fun >.< I can't wait to see everyones play pictures ^^
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Cher : 21st Nov 2009 at 1:11 AM.
Default Noelle Winterton~R3
A Midsummer Night's Dream:
This was a fun shoot! It's one of my favorite stories. I loved all the fantasy it had to offer. I felt like I was actually in a Midsummer's Dream. The people were so nice and the actor was very helpful when he know I was a bit nervous.

Midsummer Night's pic 2~:

Bonnie & Clyde:
I loved both movies, old and the newer one. But I wasn't too happy doing this shoot! What I do remember about Bonnie and Clyde, is that they loved posing, being in the spot light and always took many pictures. They were always on the run from the law too. They slept in barns, cars, woods etc. What a life huh

Bonnie & Clyde pic 2:
Scholar
Original Poster
#172 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:56 AM
That's wonderful, Michele!
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Cher : 18th Nov 2009 at 1:23 AM.
Thank you very much. I did it over again. Thats it, no more doing over

EDIT: You said "two pictures will be needed from one play do you mean "Midsummer Night"? Two pictures for that play? I'm missing something here- (as usual) I would like to finish this round before Thursday. I'm confused. I guess 2 1/2 years of college didn't help me much Please explain it better so I can try and finish this round asap.

Where is everyone!
Instructor
#174 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 6:47 AM
Michele, you should have two pictures from one play for the first half then the second half is two pictures from a movie of your choice.

I am curious where our scores are. I doubt I can finish round 3 by the deadline. I would like some feedback before beginning working on this round. So far we have only seen scores from our application. We have two rounds of scores yet to view...can we get an extension on this round so we can wait for our scores and feedback? I don't like the idea of being eliminated in round three based on no feedback from previous rounds.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:36 AM
I've already sent my scores in for both rounds. I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Page 7 of 11