Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: s2album storybook viewer –w- html blog export

by roachandlazygirl Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 7:10 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:28 PM by Nysha

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Scholar
#76 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 6:08 PM
I've tried this interesting tool this afternoon and it's a . Only one problem but not a big one is for the accents who are not correctly displayed (but replaced by a code). Thank you for this s2album it a great help for manage stories.

Heiress : I'm not sure at all cause I'm a new user of this tool but yes for point 1) the albums can be opened from the webentries. And for point 5) it's normal. Since university EP the pictures are not in My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 / Storytelling but in My Documents / EA Games / The Sims 2 / Neighborhoods / number of the hood / Storytelling.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#77 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 6:43 PM Last edited by secooper87 : 11th Nov 2008 at 6:55 PM.
I love this program and I use it all the time. But I think I found a bug. Every time i try to insert a new photo, I click the "Snapshot browser" button, and it gives me a nice, beautiful little list with all sorts of wonderful and handy little options. But sometimes, when I try to click on more than one of the images in the cue, it gives me an error. I'm not sure why this happens sometimes, and why it doesn't happen other times, but it automatically closes the program after this occurs. It says there's a "Stop Function Error", but I'm not sure what that means.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 1:06 PM
Great!

I've installed it and I love it! Great work!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:43 AM Last edited by Little Nemo : 16th Feb 2010 at 11:02 AM.
*Sigh*... today is the first time I discovered this program... and it doesn't work... correctly, because every time, I modify a story with it, it doesn't show up in the album ingame, so I have to copy everything from the storybook over... well, perhaps, because I have a non-English installation or so... anyone else having this problem?
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:45 PM
Maybe it doesn't work with the some EP's?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 5:48 PM
(Un)fortunately no...

I had a friend from the U.S. test it out, and he reported no problems with his English installation (all EP and Stuff packs), so it really seems to be a language problem...

oh well, it still is a good program to make a backup of your story outside the folder...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#82 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:11 PM
This works great for me, thank-you!
Test Subject
#83 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:51 PM
Do I put this in my downloads folder as I would for anything else?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:04 PM Last edited by Little Nemo : 25th Apr 2013 at 2:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by georgianothinto
Do I put this in my downloads folder as I would for anything else?

You download the file, you unzip it, you click on the unzipped file, then it will install in the directory you want it to be installed.

It does not go into the Sims 2 Download folder, as it is an external program, so you have to start it outside the game while the game is not running. The installation will automatically ask you if it should install a program icon into your program list. By finding it in your program list, selecting and clicking on it after the installation, the program starts.

Once it has started, you click on the upper left button, than you have to find the neighborhood storytelling folder where you want to edit your story - it is an XML file with a weird number-letter combination, so you have to find it by trial and error.

The bottom next to it saves all your changes, if you want to open another XML file, you're automatically asked if you want to save your changes.

Next bottom allows you to save your story somewhere else than the storytelling folder and in a different format (html).

next button is the edit mode. Here you can edit the text under the picture, you can move a picture already in the story to a different place (left 'Truck' button), delete it from the list (not the folder/X-button) or make it stay where it is (Thumbtack button).

*Note: If you're not using an English installation, the text you write here will not appear in the normal Eaxis editor ingame.

Next button is the snapshot browser. Here you can find all the pictures taken, sorted by families. Various options how to insert them into the story.

Next button is for the application settings. Here you can set where your usual storytelling folder is, how the snapshot brwoser should sort your pictures etc.

Right upper button closes the application.

Still need explanation? = start the program, click the F1-tab, the help file will load.

Still a good tool to export pictures for a story now that the exchange closed.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#85 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:01 AM
Thanks, this is so useful!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#86 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 11:34 AM
Page 4 of 4