Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 7:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Save not found, still in folder
The save I was playing just a few hours ago doesn't show in the towns when I go to select one. But it's sitting there in the saves folder just like all the others! Why isn't it showing up in the game?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 9:17 PM
Check the save files,is there anything like a bad file in it?If yes we could find a way to resurrect it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 10:28 PM
It looks the same as every other save for every other town I run.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 12:18 PM
@BlackjackGabbiani I would suggest that you first backup your saves on a safe place before doing anything.Check your saves folder if you have a backup save of your current game,if yes rename it.I mean delete the backup part from it,and restart your game after clearing your caches.Please report back if it did work or not.Sorry,i forgot to say that you have to remove your current save first.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:55 AM
Is it a new world you are playing? Was it installed via launcher? I encountered this problem when I played a custom world that came in package format. It had a dot in the world name - this for some reason prevented the game from recognizing the world when I wanted to open a saved file from that world. After I changed the world name everything worked fine. Not sure if this case applies to your problem though. What do you mean by "doesn't show up in the towns"? Obviously you have played that world before.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:39 PM
I've played the world before in other saves. And when I say it doesn't show up I mean it's not selectable on startup.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I've played the world before in other saves. And when I say it doesn't show up I mean it's not selectable on startup.

You could try my suggestion,it is a very simple solution that has rescued many games.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
You could try my suggestion,it is a very simple solution that has rescued many games.

There wasn't anything corrupted in it though.