Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 9:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Going to hobby lot takes me to hotel?
Okay, I really hope I can try to make this make sense. The household was on a vacation, and then they came back. I had one of them go to Sue's Secret Kitchen, and it took her to the hotel they stayed in instead. Help?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 12:56 AM
Have you done the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ, to try to determine whether this is caused by your CC, or whether it's specific to this neighborhood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Have you done the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ, to try to determine whether this is caused by your CC, or whether it's specific to this neighborhood?

Yes I have - CC doesn't make a difference and it's specific to this neighborhood.
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 2:45 AM
Are you familiar with SimPE at all? Can you check whether your neighborhood contains a lot named Sue's Secret Kitchen? Can you tell us the lot numbers for both that lot and the hotel lot? Can you check the Lot Type for both lots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 3:11 AM Last edited by FreezerBunny : 15th Nov 2013 at 3:30 AM.
Are you familiar with SimPE at all? Can you check whether your neighborhood contains a lot named Sue's Secret Kitchen? Can you tell us the lot numbers for both that lot and the hotel lot? Can you check the Lot Type for both lots?

Nope, I don't even have SimPE. The other family I tried it with I used a different hobby lot, I'll try to go to Sue's Secret Kitchen with a different family and see how that works.
EDIT: Okay, I tried loading Sue's Secret Kitchen in a different family in the same neighborhood. It doesn't work, the same thing happens.
Site Helper
#6 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 5:32 AM
It sounds as if your neighborhood is corrupted; and the lot ID for Sue's Secret Kitchen is identical to the lot ID for the hotel. This may be fixable. But first, it would be nice to verify what's happening.

Have you got the Clean Installer? You could try running the Clean Installer and browsing to your neighborhood's Lots subfolder. Then, see whether you can find the hobby lot and the hotel lot and check the file names for those two lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 5:05 AM
It sounds as if your neighborhood is corrupted; and the lot ID for Sue's Secret Kitchen is identical to the lot ID for the hotel. This may be fixable. But first, it would be nice to verify what's happening.

Have you got the Clean Installer? You could try running the Clean Installer and browsing to your neighborhood's Lots subfolder. Then, see whether you can find the hobby lot and the hotel lot and check the file names for those two lots.

Okay, first. I realized that the family I tested another hobby lot was from another town.
I do have Clean Installer. I just did that, and I can't find any hobby lots. The hotel, however, is at the top and the file name is "N155_Lot1". It's called Steaming Dragon Hotel, by the way.
Site Helper
#8 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Nov 2013 at 7:18 PM.
Sounds like your Hobbies stealth subhood didn't properly attach to your neighborhood. Because of this, the game is just selecting the first available lot.

Have you done anything with the subhood templates in your Program Files folder? If you removed the template, things might just start working if you restore the template.

My first suggestion is that you look for the Hobbies stealth subhood in your Program Files folder. If you have a standard installation, you'll find it here:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\F002

If you're on a 64-bit system, it might be under "Program Files (x86)". If you have FreeTime through a collection pack, you'll probably find it under the collection pack. If you really can't find the subhood, try searching your hard drive for a file named "F002_Neighborhood.package".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:43 AM
Sounds like your Hobbies stealth subhood didn't properly attach to your neighborhood. Because of this, the game is just selecting the first available lot.

Have you done anything with the subhood templates in your Program Files folder? If you removed the template, things might just start working if you restore the template.

My first suggestion is that you look for the Hobbies stealth subhood in your Program Files folder. If you have a standard installation, you'll find it here:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\F002

If you're on a 64-bit system, it might be under "Program Files (x86)". If you have FreeTime through a collection pack, you'll probably find it under the collection pack. If you really can't find the subhood, try searching your hard drive for a file named "F002_Neighborhood.package".

There isn't a Freetime folder, only Apartment Life, Bon Voyage, Double Deluxe, and Seasons. Mind you, I also have FreeTime (obviously), and University Life. Those also happen to be the two expansion packs that made my neighborhoods disappear a while back (you helped me with it ), maybe more then a coincidence?
Oh, and nothing comes up when I search that.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 1:36 AM
Do you remember where you installed those EPs to? They're there somewhere.

If not, try going to your Start menu, EA Games -> The Sims 2 FreeTime, right-click on the FreeTime shortcut and click "Open file location".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#11 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 4:12 AM
The fact that you can't find the file "F002_Neighborhood.package" could explain why the subhood wasn't properly attached. If you want to find your FreeTime installation, you could search your hard drive for "Sims2EP7.exe".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 12:02 AM
Okay, I searched for "Sims2EP7.exe" and this is the path: Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 2 FreeTime > TSBin.
Oh, and I installed all my expansions to the default place. I got Seasons, FreeTime , and University (collection) on Origin; the rest on disk.
Site Helper
#13 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 12:08 AM
What do you see in this folder?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:45 AM
What do you see in this folder?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

A folder called "F002", inside is "Characters" (folder), "Lots" (folder), "Thumbnails" (folder), "F002_Neighborhood.package", and "F002_Neighborhood.png".
Site Helper
#15 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 4:35 AM
OK. That's the Hobbies subhood template and it's in the right location. I gather that you never replaced the subhood template with a different version, since you didn't even know where to find it.

Is this problem occurring with just the one neighborhood, or with all of your neighborhoods? Do you have any neighborhoods that have the Sue's Secret Kitchen lot in its Lots subfolder (you can use the Clean Installer to check each neighborhood in turn).

I'll have to think about how to get those lots added to your neighborhood. It's harder without SimPE.
Site Helper
#16 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 20th Nov 2013 at 10:37 PM.
Interestingly, I just found a neighborhood available for download which has this same problem. Hobby lots conflict with both primary hood lots, or witch lots:
http://www.flyingacres.com/NS/index.php?topic=2737.0

Very similar problem, except that your hobby lots conflict with the hotel lots.

I'm afraid that the fix is a bit complex. This should work:
- Open the Hobbies subhood in SimPE and find the Lot IDs for all hobby lots. If those Lot IDs are already in use (by the hotel lots), then give each hobby lot a unique Lot ID. You must change the Instance in both the Resource tab and the Plugin View. Note that newer versions of SimPE may not give you access to the Instance in the Plugin View.
- Copy the Hobbies lots from your subhood template or from your DVD into your Lots subfolder, renumbering them so that they match the neighborhood prefix and Lot ID assigned in the previous step.

I know that you don't understand how to use SimPE. If you'd like, you could zip and share your neighborhood folder and I could make the appropriate changes for you. Note that a neighborhood is going to be quite large. You could remove the Characters and Storytelling folders, which may reduce the size a bit. But, I'll need all of the neighborhood and subhood packages, and the entire Lots folder.