Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2014 at 6:49 AM Last edited by grammapat : 11th May 2014 at 4:21 PM. Reason: changed name to match story
Default My Name is Mommy
This will require a "large family" mod, so I hope some people are interested! I've heard that some women are so fertile they can get pregnant if they just stand downwind from a man. And I've seen large families that didn't have much - except love; they were happy, industrious, and took care of each other. Poor? Unlucky? Why, they thought they were blessed!

Create a woman (or a man!), dump her/him on a 3X3 size lot. The first day she must get pregnant (by anyone you want, by any way you want); she must continue to get pregnant after each baby is born (before it becomes a toddler). She never went to school, so she can't get a job; being a mommy IS a full-time job! It will be tough until she has teens that can work - so be careful about what you spend money on.

The object is happiness: milestones, skills, friends. And while every family has some illness, fights, and tears (can you say "teenager"?), going crazy and dying are Not OK. Speaking of teens, I expect them to look forward to A Kiss, but a mommy pining for a kiss is unseemly (you want a rich husband? Put your big-girl panties on woman, you can DO this!)
I will work up a point system & more details if people are interested in this.

P.S. I've actually played this out a few times; first one became a mix of "Asylum"- (at first there's not enough beds or bathrooms) and a legacy (kids growing up and starting their own families - but never moving out), and a MANAGEMENT issue --- with 10 pets and 24 (yes TWENTYFOUR people) . But at least by then there was plenty of money. This time there were 11 kids (no pets) and never enough money.
=============
If your character is a man, he can't just adopt a baby - pregnancy is FUN! Note the points for the kids being friends with their fathers - if father is a PT, they won't be able to do that.
No one can move in (except pets - which can't get a job; have YOU ever had a pet with a job!? besides, they cost MONEY)
No money, needs, or happiness cheats
OK to use an age-default (where ages are different lengths), but no "suspending" ageing.
OK (& I recommend) a "no social worker" hack (jeez, what's so bad about a hot kid? It's not like they would DIE!)
If you have the EPs, don't use garden plants or fish for food, or sell them. -OPTION: You CAN eat or sell stuff - it DOES make it easier.
Flowers from dates can be sold but nothing else; gifts, items "dug up", magic lamps, etc can be left in inventory or on lot so they can be used, but not sold.
Everyone has to stay on lot (no going off to college, or adults moving out) If an adult daughter gets pregnant...deal with it.

This is all about Happy - so if you're happy changing stuff, just tell me about it. I'm eager to see pictures and stories of you happy family and how they all made it...
================================
THE GOAL: a big, Happy family
Positive points: what do you think?
Every birth: +30 points
Toddler Milestones (walk,etc): +20 points
Toddler skills: +5 points
Job advancements: +10 points
Every "Grew up well": +20 points
Help with homework (only the first time, which makes a memory): +20 points
Kids that are friends with their fathers (any time before they become adults): +30 points

Negative points: Passed out? Peed on self? is that a big deal?
Mommy gains any skill points (except the first 3 cooking are OK) Nevermind - I just never found time to have her STUDY
Repo man: -10
Roaches: -20
Fires: -10
Bad grades: -30 (there is no corresponding GOOD points for grades because if they just go to school they WILL get good grades)
growing up badly: -30

REALLY BAD points:
aspiration failure (the basic point is happiness!): - 30
run-aways: -50
any fighting (noogies don't count, nor "tormenting" by kids) in the family: -50
siblings that are not friends before they are teens: -30

FAIL: anyone dies

END: when Mommy becomes an elder
================================
See "Sims Stories" for how mine is going. I bet you can do better!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2014 at 8:23 AM
Sounds like fun and reminds me of an older version of the orphanage challenge (in which you used T:L+D to spawn something like 12 teens, 12 kids, 6 tots and 6 babies.) Also sounds like hell. Also I have the perfect little girl to test this on.

Boy is she in for it. ;\ Poor Hannah.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:13 AM Last edited by grammapat : 10th Sep 2014 at 11:01 PM.
I made "Mommy HappyTImes": made her a Family sim, sloppy (so she won't mind all the mess), active (so she can keep up with the kids), not too playful (hoping she would be easy to keep happy). So far she's had 2 "breakdowns", wet herself 3 times, and passed out 2 times. So much for keeping her happy! I'll be posting pics and progress on the thread "Sim2 stories".
Kids are: Alice and Andy by townie Kennedy Cox
Brandy by Eldon Hicks (yes! from Sims 1) Understandably, no woman ever liked him, but Mommy does! Even though I set her to like Vampires and Werewolves, hoping she would NOT find anyone attractive! When she invites him over for some "happy time" he always plays with the toddlers and kids. But she can't marry him till she's through having babies!
Christopher (by Lee the repairman; Mommy doesn't want to call him to fix anything else..)
Darnel (by townie Robert Kim)
P.S.-- More kids: Evangelina (with red hair)by Benjamin "The Nose" Long (who has blond hair)
Francine by Goopy You-Know-Who
Geraldine and Gina by Kormi Tellerman (he's so ruggedly hansom, I wonder what they will look like)
Eddy and Edmond by Peter Ottomas
The last set of twins almost killed her (or my GAME!). Look in "funny pics" to see her problem. She "had" the last twins, but something glitched; the babies showed in the family, but never got the option to name, they ARE NOT on the lot, and she still looks pregnant! AND I couldn't save. I finally had to move the whole family out. Soon as I put her on a new lot, she was holding a toddler, went into labor, had the twins OK -- with a toddler hanging on to her the whole time, smiling! She took a bath - clingy toddler still hanging on. Finally had her bath the toddler and that fixed it.
The game does sometimes "set itself up", or write it's OWN story. See "weddings" for a big finale.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2014 at 10:15 AM
I have an alternate title if you play a man lol. 'Help me. I think I'm part of an alien breeding experiment.' XD

I don't get why the mother isn't allowed to learn any skills. Are you implying that childrearing gives you no skills lol? Also, why no gardening? I'd imagine that for a stay at home mum with noone bringing in money, gardening could save her family from starvation.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:55 PM
"alien breeding..." HAHA but you could STILL call him "Mommy" (and "you" as a cat with a mustache -hahahah)
SKILLS--actually, I agree with you -- off to alter the scoring (which I haven't finished anyway)
Gardening/fishing for food - it makes it HARDER if you don't sell or use them for food, but I will make that an option. I think there should be many ways to play this, it's hard enough to keep people reasonably happy. I actually had two "melt-downs", Mommy after only the third baby (I guess she toughened up after that - don't we all!), and a townie that married Mommy's first daughter, Alice. And all that happened was he got fired! Guess he knew how important his income was; there was never enough money to even buy beds for everyone! Here's a pic of my "end of the story" when Mommy becomes an elder (see "wedding pictures").
As Mommy potty trains her last son (one of TWO sets of twin toddlers in the house), her FIRST son Andy (now an adult) makes friends with his new step-father, the long-suffering Eldon Hicks

Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2014 at 4:54 PM
That is the Grammar Nazi Cat lol. I thought him an appropriate avatar after a few forum discussions regarding grammar.

If Mum never has time to learn skills then I guess actually getting her enough time can be considered an achievement hehe. And there are things like cooking that will give skill points anyway. As for gardening, I'd agree with no selling produce. Everything she grows has to feed the family.

Sounds like an interesting challenge. I haven't given my unlimited sims mod any hard tests yet. XD Now to decide aspiration. I'm leaning towards Romance actually; have that woohoo with 20 different sims want come with side effects lol. Although, a male knowledge sim who gets more than he bargained for from his telescope sounds amusing too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2014 at 9:41 PM
MY Mommy actually only wooed with a couple men - and THAT required ACR! Hence the reference to "standing downwind"- as she greets a passer-by, I click on Blender - boom, pregnant.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2014 at 10:37 AM
Well, that's just mean. You aren't giving her the fun part. I thought part of the challenge would be getting all the baby daddies into bed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2014 at 12:01 AM Last edited by grammapat : 14th May 2014 at 12:24 AM.
Then name her fittingly, dress her up, and let her rip! I would love to hear YOUR story line; "The babies were all accidents, but I just LOVE men! For a minute, anyway"

I submitted my "My Name is Mommy" STORY, I THOUGHT I put it in the Challenge category. I did see it in "Stories" a few days ago, but now I can't find it any where...anybody have a clue?

Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 7:24 AM
I have been playing this challenge for a bit. The mommy I have is nearing retirement. She didn't have much wait time between children and even with that so far she has only managed to have 5 children and is pregnant with her 6th. I can't imagine doing it any faster than I have. Maybe one child if that... if I didn't allow her to get her needs up before impregnating her again. I placed her on a 1 x 1 lot and made three levels. This really helped with money. I remember trying this challenge before and started with the 3x3 and money was tight. However by the time I got the eldest to teen the social worker showed up and took all the kids. I gave up at that point. Now two of the kids on this current challenge have reached teen. Some reason this time I'm able to keep everyone happy although with 5 kids it's not easy.. a lot of micro managing going on just because I worry about the social worker showing up. I've decided the mom will pass the torch down to her children and that is how I will have the big family.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 3:42 AM
sarinah: 6 kids sounds like a big enough family to me! Only reason I can have more (LOTS more!) is because of "no social worker", ACR (where I can decide when to have multiple births), and a large family hack.

#12 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
im so going to try this!!!!! it will be better since i have all the EPS and SPs
#13 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShannonSimmerYummyCookies
im so going to try this!!!!! it will be better since i have all the EPS and SPs
fail my games gone a bit crazy i know how to sort it.....
ill try fit in challenge then
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 12:47 PM
And two years later I finally get around to trying this. XD

I'm pretty sure I'm going to crash and burn spectacularly, because I couldn't choose between a Romance sim who keeps falling pregnant to her one night stands and a Knowledge sim who's addicted to his telescope. So my brain said, why not do both? I'm not going to bother seriously scoring for the same reason as I've already had to make some changes. My bigger bills mod necessitated some money coming in so I put them both in my very low paying Social Security career. I also can't stand houses with no wallpaper etc., so I did the house with all the basics before I took all their money away. I'm pretty sure my failure condition will be household implosion due to total chaos lol.

So, meet Michael and Joanne Childs, brother and sister.

Warning: Picspam and nekkidness (although I think I managed to position it so the naughty bits were hidden).