Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:41 AM
Default Sims 2 can't install cc on sims nightlife [Mac]
I've had The sims 2 for a good few weeks and had some cc i had and it all worked. i just got the nightlife expansion pack and i made a backup folder of my old cc. now i put it in the nightlife downloads folder and they won't show up. I've been trying to do this all day. I've tried this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=197511 but no luck. can someone please tell me where i put my cc if i have an expansion pack? thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:46 AM
The folder for your cc should be on your computer under documents -ea games-sims 2-downloads. That's if you installed from a disk. If you did it through origin it might be different.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
The folder for your cc should be on your computer under documents -ea games-sims 2-downloads. That's if you installed from a disk. If you did it through origin it might be different.

yea when i put cc in the downloads folder then go into the game, it doesn't show up. then i look back at my downloads folder and everything is gone.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
You may need to accept the CC again like you did the first time, adding NL could have reset your CC to off.

You may need to update your CC to NL unless you had newer EP's/SP's.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You may need to accept the CC again like you did the first time, adding NL could have reset your CC to off.

You may need to update your CC to NL unless you had newer EP's/SP's.

how do i do that? lol I'm sorry I'm new to this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:58 AM
How much cc did you have? Mac's have a hard set limit to how much cc you can add, if you go over that it will disappear.

By updating cc, marka93 means any old hacks you have may need a newer version. Also sometimes objects need a new EP version.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:17 AM
When I was rolling in CC and added new EP on my mac I had the same issue but it was solved pretty easily

1: check to make CC is enabled at the start up. If you don't get the prompt at start up, go to the options button, find the option to enable cc and hit 'enable'.
2: Go into a lot, save and exit the game
3: start up the game again and custom content should appear in thebuy catalog

Edit**
If using hacks, I would remove those if you have those organized and just try with one folder of something - custom hairs, etc.
If you have custom genetics, it may be easier just to boot up CAS and check to see if the content is showing up there.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:22 AM
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:17 AM
Annaminna, I think that thread's a little too general and too complex at the same time for this specific issue.

@MittyMox, I'm going to give you the same advice I gave you earlier to start with.
Quote:
Your problem may be that you don't have custom content enabled, or that you are installing it in the wrong place. To install your cc, make a new folder in your EA Games folder. That folder should be named

Downloads

Exactly like that. Don't change the phrasing or the spacing or the capitalization. Most cc will be compressed, as a .rar or .zip program. The program Jo suggests (WinRar) will not work on a Mac, but the Unstuffer will work beautifully. (It's what I used when I was on the Mac OS.) Use the Unstuffer to decompress the cc, and place it in your Downloads folder. When you boot up the game, it will probably give you a big warning screen with lots of yellow triangles with exclamation marks in them, asking you if you're REALLY SURE you want to add all this cc, don't you know it can CHANGE THINGS? Tell the game yes, and load up a neighborhood, any neighborhood. Do not look for your custom content yet -- it won't be there. Go to the game settings menu, tell the game "No" to the question "Display custom content message at startup?", save the game, and quit. Restart the game. When you restart the game, you should not get a warning screen at all. (If you do, tell it yes you want to add cc and change the game settings again. Save before you quit this time.) After you restart and do not get an error message, your cc will be in the catalog and should work fine.

Be aware that since you are on a Mac, you can't use just any old cc out there. Not all the EPs and SPs made it over to Mac-land. You cannot use any cc that requires the following: Freetime, Apartment Life, H&M Stuff, IKEA Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Stuff, or Mansion & Garden Stuff. At best, those items will just not work. At worst, they will crash your game. Fortunately, if you remove cc that requires an EP/SP you do not have, then the game will fix itself, with no more crashes.

Good luck!

Also, Jo is right that Macs have a hard limit on how much cc they can take, but it is pretty high. It took be about four years of cc collecting to hit that limit, and then it crashed my game rather than disappearing from the Downloads folder. Could you take before and after screenshots of the disappearing cc? I mean, can you take a picture of your Downloads folder with the cc in and the clock with the time in the corner, and then take another picture of the same spot in your Downloads folder with the cc gone and the clock with the time in the corner?

To take a screenshot of your whole computer screen, press command+option+4 at the same time. It's a function built in to all Macs.

PS: When you're having problems, lots more people will see your posts if you post in the Help section.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 4:07 AM
ahh thank you i finally figured it out!