Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:15 PM
Default My sim didn't appear in the student bin
Hey all. I couldn't see where this question had been asked before, so here goes -

I have (had?) a wonderful teenaged sim whom I tried to send to college. When I went to the university and looked in the student bins, she was nowhere to be found. I go back to her parents' house, and she's not there either.

Did I lose her to a glitch? Is there any way to get her back? Normally I wouldn't care so much, but she was a very nice, very neat, very funny girl whom I hoped would be the founder of many future generations of very nice, very neat, very funny sims.

Help?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 10:46 PM
What action did you choose to send her to college? You can send her to college choosing one of the two ways:

1) When she is in her parent's home - tell her to phone -> college, then - "move to college". A taxi should come, and she will depart with it.

2) From the neighbourhood view, choose "send sims to college", choose her, give her a family name, and send. You will get a message that she is sent to the college, and you will find her in the students bin.

May be you told her to find own place - then you will see her in the Family bin of the old hood. Add her again to her family, and send her to college, choosing one of the two procedures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:00 PM
I sent her to college the way I've sent dozens of previous sims to college - had her choose "move to college" on the computer. The taxi came, she got in it, it drove away, and her icon disappeared from the family lot. It gave me all of the standard messages along the way, so there was no hint of trouble.

I checked all of the student bins (for all three colleges associated with that neighborhood), plus that neighborhood's family bin, just in case, as you suggested, she ended up there somehow instead.

She's just gone, like she never existed (although both her parents are still rolling wants for her, and have memories of her).

Thanks for the suggestions.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 7:48 PM
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm You could try summoning her to her home lot and then move her in. Then try it again. If it doesn't work again..resummon and try the 'send sims to college' option in the Uni neighborhood of your choice. Maybe that will pluck her out of her families home. It's worth a shot.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 1:50 PM
Hi Canoodle, and thank you! Yes, what I ended up doing was downloading a teleportation picture, plus the insiminator. I used the teleporter to get her back, and the insiminator has an option to re-form lost families (apparently I'm not the only one who's lost a sim to a glitch). This time, when I sent her to college, she showed up just fine in the bin.

I realized the problem may have been my initial home lot got glitchy. I think that happens after you play one house for too long (this one had been used for several families, because it turned out so well). So, bulldozed it, bought a new piece of property, and moved everyone over. No worries now.

Thanks again!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:29 AM
Glad to hear you solved your problem. Well done.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.