Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:03 PM
Default Hack for Moving Babies without an Adult?
Hello guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a hack which would allow me to move babies born in one household to a different one without having an adult move with them? Sometimes I have a female romance sim give birth without the father living in the house, and depending on the sims in question sometimes I'd like the baby to grow up with his/her father, or possibly the grandparents or another relative. I know I can move the baby with an adult, and then move the adult out, but it's a pain and when the female sim who had the baby lives by herself it can mean that all of the furniture in her house gets removed. I'd rather just have some easy option to switch the baby between households.

So basically, does anyone know of a hack with this function?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:46 AM
You should be able to use the teleport function on the simblender to have the father or other sim summon the baby to their house and then move the baby in to the house via the simblender as well. I say should because I've only personally done it with adults or teens.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:19 AM
Remember to not only summon the baby, but to add the baby to the household as well, or some interactions might not work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:25 AM
I use Christianlov's transporter mirror which temporarily moves sims into a house, this works better than a regular teleporter. If you want them to live there permanently you would need to move in with Inge's cat or the simblender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:30 PM
Thanks so much, guys!! It's funny, I actually have simblender, but did not realize it has that function. I was only using it to reroll LTWs and rename sims. Really glad I don't have to download anything else!