Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Possible Mod Conflict?
First of all, i'm not a native speaker. So please apologize my stupid english.

I downloaded a few hacks some days ago. After getting tired of InTeen i decide to use something else.
Now I have download TwoJeff's School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework and HCDU says there might be a Mod Conflict with Phaenoh's Summer Vacation Mod from MTS.
Is this a serious problem or is there a workaround?

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Sub - Process
Group ID: 0x7FBE051B
Instance ID: 0x0000201F
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\Phaenoh's Summer Vacation\Phaenoh_SummerVacationWintersDay.package
\downloads\Mods\TJ's Bring Friend Dialog & Homework Sometimes\School bus - bring friend dialog.package

End Of Report

1 possible conflicts detected.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:50 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:59 PM.
It might be a case of one loading after the other BUT, and I'd guess this is a big but, that sounds like both hacks likely use the same BHAV which means whichever one loads last will dominate. The best place to find information about conflicts, I think, will be on the original threads where the mods were released. If Phaenoh's mod is later that TJ's (and I guess it is), I'd look there first though you might also find some information from resident posters on Simbology.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It might be a case of one loading after the other BUT, and I'd guess this is a big but, that sounds like both hacks likely use the same BHav which means whichever one loads last will dominate. The best place to find information about conflicts, I think, will be on the original threads where the mods were released. If Phaenoh's mod is later that TJ's (and I guess it is), I'd look there first though you might also find some information from resident posters on Simbology.

Even with changing loading order, HCDU says there is a conflict.
I think i will load Phaenoh's mod last so my little ones have some time for fun during summer. Well, children with B- have to attend summer school.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 3:58 PM
HCDU will say there's a conflict if two mods use the same BHAV - that's what it tests for. Load order is immaterial. That's why you use HCDU as a tool to find POTENTIAL problems. Doesn't mean there WILL be problems. Whether the two will work will depend on whether the hacks just use the BHAV(s) in question or replace/modify them and/or exactly what the mods do. This is why you need to see if there is more information at the original source.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:39 PM
I loaded my testhood with my test family and played for 5 seasons (thanks to Simblender with no dead sims )
All things work as they should, so i think it is okay to use the mods in my mainhood. (i have a back-up in case)
I guess this topic can be closed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:24 PM
The HDCU is only showing you a possible conflict. There is a difference between conflict and possible conflict. I have a range of things showing in the HDCU and I know they work fine together.

Do you have some actual trouble in your game? If not I would not worry too much about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:36 PM
I have a hacked object that the HCDU claims to conflict with.... itself. Aha.

So yeah, as Jo says, it's not something you should plan revolutionary events from.