Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
I'm homeschooled so I don't get a diploma even if I worked just as hard as everyone else. I have to study for and pass the GED which means any college that looks at that and sees I have a GED instead of a diploma is going to think I'm a dropout. Not to mention studying for the GED sucks, I'm paranoid that if I don't get everything perfect I'm going to fail. I'm scared to take the test but at the same time I just want to be done. Maybe I'm being whiney but it doesn't feel fair that I worked just as hard as anyone that went to public school and none of it counts for anything.

I was home schooled too and I still received a diploma. :confused: I was able to walk with my class and everything. How come you're not able to get a diploma?
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:44 PM
Colleges only care that you can pay... not what your grades are. You'll be fine.
Inventor
#53 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stormy
I was home schooled too and I still received a diploma. :confused: I was able to walk with my class and everything. How come you're not able to get a diploma?

Where I live unless you complete 9th - 12th grade in public school, you don't get to graduate. Even if I had completed my last year of highschool with them I wouldn't have been allowed to graduate.
#54 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Where I live unless you complete 9th - 12th grade in public school, you don't get to graduate. Even if I had completed my last year of highschool with them I wouldn't have been allowed to graduate.

Wow. That sucks! And so not fair! I'm sorry.
Instructor
#55 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:58 PM
Vent! What i thought? Vent means "wait" in my language. I wondered what one should wait for. Anyway, why can't people learn to master their thoughts and feelings, this life is too precious to vaste. I believe in beeing optimistic or at least looking at some bright sides of the life. I do not judge or anything, i have helped many people over several years, but sometimes i get really discouraged by the way both young and elder people are thinking.

And a good advice, do not trust other people too much, we are all so different, some
are jealous and not nice, some are really nice and will be abused or runned over for it.
Life is a school, and it's been really harsh on me, that's why i do not find it useful to rant about it anymore. I find it more useful too look at the bright side of the life, but thats of course my personal opinion.

I have one rant though, which explains why i discovered peoples bullshit. A friend of mine is going to be a millionaire on selling a house, what i have heard from her is nothing else than rant, rant, and when she sent me a mail telling me life sucked, it was like shit and all that, i got furious, i felt i had spent over 1 year to help and support her for nothing. I had vasted my time to a very negative person. She did never think i had work and my own freedom, my own life. I should be there for her day and night. Well, cause of her, i realized that i had more people around me who ranted for nothing really, they just abused me. I can understand when people are complaining because of real serious happenings in their life, but i do not understand the complaints over not very serious situations in life. For now, i am taking my freedom back, and kicking such socalled "friends" out from my life. I rather take care
of the ones who preciate laughter and are more optimistic.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Field Researcher
#56 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 7:24 PM
Hallelujah for this thread. My eight month old is driving me insane. I'm not officially a stay at home mom because I work nights and weekends part time but I do stay with her during the day. I usually stay up til like 1 because after she's asleep is the only time I can do something uninterrupted. She woke up early so i didn't get much sleep and now she's overdue for a nap and she refuses to take it and i have to leave for work in an hour. i wanted to take a nap with her! I probably won't be home from work til after midnight. Gah!
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChihoSan
Hallelujah for this thread. My eight month old is driving me insane. I'm not officially a stay at home mom because I work nights and weekends part time but I do stay with her during the day. I usually stay up til like 1 because after she's asleep is the only time I can do something uninterrupted. She woke up early so i didn't get much sleep and now she's overdue for a nap and she refuses to take it and i have to leave for work in an hour. i wanted to take a nap with her! I probably won't be home from work til after midnight. Gah!

I feel you. When my 8 month old goes to sleep at night, I have to take a sleep aid because I want to stay awake and have time to myself. When I stay awake though, I'm cranky the next day from not getting enough sleep. She woke up so early today and fell back to sleep. I wish I could fall back to sleep that easily once I'm awake. Now I'm gonna be tired all day. Thank goodness for zero carb Rockstars.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 7:59 PM
What are zero carb rockstars? I need some zero carb zero calorie zero fat candy bars. I miss my prebaby body!
Inventor
#59 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChihoSan
What are zero carb rockstars? I need some zero carb zero calorie zero fat candy bars. I miss my prebaby body!

really awesome energy drinks
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:10 PM
Zero Carb Rockstars are blue and have a kind of berry flavor. They taste a lot better than regular ones. Without them I'd probably be posting more rants than I do now...and I vent a lot if you haven't noticed :P
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:20 PM
Ah, just what I needed.

My mum is completely ignoring the fact that I'm a lesbian. I mean: completely. Every time the subject comes up she pretends not to hear anything. Which isn't the worst, but it gets hurtful when she keeps bringing up marriage (with a man specifically, in my country same-gender marriages are legal) and how many kids I'll have with that 'wonderful man'. She pretends it's a joke, but it's still hurtful to me that she can't accept this part of me.

And then there is my sister. Who constantly acts like she's superior to me. She has a job, while I don't but I don't need it! I get enough money to put myself through college and I don't need to go out to clubs or buy make-up or fancy clothes in over-priced boutiques. Last time she brought up the fact that I had to re-do my final year in secondary school.

THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!

It wasn't my fault that I have a learning disability that I subconsciouly covered for with my mnemonics (I have been diagnosed with dyscalculia two years ago during my re-sit of the entire final year). I was doing a math intensive subject pack because I liked the challenge. The challenge was too much because my BRAIN wasn't capable of remembering the ways to solve mathematical problems. My brain, there was no lack of studying and she bloody well knows that! I finished secondary school the second time around, still with a rather math-heavy pack (not as heavy as the first time around) and with the help of an awesome tutor and I passed. With very high grades. But of course, she forgets about that >.<

GAH!

Ooo, I feel better now
Scholar
#62 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:41 PM
Well I was reading in the news that Al-Qauid forces were doing more then their fair share of destroying artifacts in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I then found out that some people loyal to a Shia Militia began building their homes over the uncovered ruins of the first Islamic City built outside of the Gulf.

So yeah. I'm still seeing red here. Hopefully my anger will wane and the urge to kill them will leave...assuming.
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:23 AM
oh god I don't feel like sharing it but...

I'm goin crazy and I can't control myslef aaaaaargh!!!!!
it all started 1 year ago... I met this guy over the internet (an online game, meh..) and from that moment I became fascinated with the way he was thinking.. he was just like me and I was like "wooow". Then we moved on IRC, where me, him and few more ppl made a channel only for us. In fact it was me and him there most of the time, chatting for hours about anything and everything. It was weird, I never felt things for someone over the internet but this time I was simply fascinated and overwhelmed by a weird feeling.. it wasn't love, because there is only one guy I love... -and I love him more than my own life- is my boyfriend (future fiance), but it's some kind of sick addiction. I tried to stay away from him for a while, or at least I was trying step by step... but at the time I was still chatting with him ALOT he dissapeared like he never was there. He left knowing he will never come back cause after a week or so I saw him on IRC for about 10 seconds... he transferred his ownership (of the channel) to me and left... that was the last time when i saw him online, but he didn't say anything. I emailed him, searched all over the IRC (lots of servers), I checked every account he had on forums and even deviantart... but on all of them, the last time when he appeared online is before he dissapeared. And days are passing by, and I'm more and more worried and thinking about him... argh can't take him out of my head, he got stuck there and won't go away. I've been thinking alot what would happen if he came back.. I don't even know if I would get better or if things will get worse for me, cause now I think I'm acting like a psychopat and I need to stop. but I can't. Right now I'm sending desperate private messages to someone with his nick on some IRC server, and I don't even know it's him or someone else or even a bot heh.. he won't say anything and I'm there for more than 10 hours.

The worse part and in the same time the part where people usually say "omfg sick biatch you need a doctor" is.... that he's alot older than me. But I found out to late hah! So I'm desperatly trying to talk to someone who could easily be my father (the age difference is 22 years).

I'm not the only 'victim', I recently got in touch with some other girl who had exactly the same problem with him.. he dissapeared without a word... 4 years ago. poor girl even sent him a real letter and never got an answer... then she thought he died.

now I need to stop before my bf finds out what I'm doing... he would get REALLY mad as he knows the guy and he is happy with him dissapearing.
Now what am I supposed to do? And wondering if he's dead, in hospital (for 9 months.. don't think so though) or if he just doesn't have a heart and he's having fun with breaking other people's hearts.

eek that was a long post. i could write a novel haha
I'm sorry if I don't make sense, it's 2:00 a.m. but it feels better.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:25 AM
Im sick of my mom expecting me to get straight A's...I got a B on my math test and I asked her what she thought..She said If you would of studied you would have gotten an A..But I did study.She dont get that Im not perfect and I never will be
#65 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:36 AM
Okay...$#$#$^$%^)@#%(^$(##$% I HATE SCHOOL! $%#%@%#$% OH MY GOD! ITS SO $#%$#%#%#$! And the home is CRAP! AND THE TESTS ARE #%$%#$#$%#$%#! Okay thank you very much! Must I have strict parents! I am now like a honor student BUT hate SCHOOL! #$@$$#$@#$#@$#$$@
Instructor
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 5:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I had to uninstall an expansion pack and I can't find my backup folder to restore all my downloaded cc!!!!!!

It's gone...All my donation crap too...I feel so dumb for not checking to make sure I still had it backed up.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 9:02 PM
I need to vent. I, like TFS, have the X1550, and I cannot play BV at all! "Failure to enumerate any compatible graphics adapters on this system" errors when loading. Obviously, this is EA's to fix, not ATI, but I shot them both off some emails about the problem. EA basically told me to go "f*** off" because this card, while technically compatible, is not on their supported list (falls between the X1300 and X1600). Are they really willing to say this to all of their customers having this issue?

I just upgraded to this card two months ago to relieve myself of the stupid Nvidia crash problem! WTF! My love for EA was just a "mild irritation" before; now it's at "ready to nuke".
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:19 AM
That my mother puts what my sister wants before the rest of us. It is really annoying. I came home from college this weekend and last night my sister had a sleepover and then she asks for another tonight. Does anyone think that maybe I want to hang out in my own house without screaming brats running around for at least one night? My mom is like "This is your sisters house too, its not fair to say she can't have people over", but it's fair to let her have people over every night? My dad agrees with me because in every other situation, its always what Anna wants and no-one else. I came home this weekend to help my mom out with something and then she goes and says "Well you should of stayed at college if you don't want people over". Well screw her. She's the one who asked me to come home and now its "What Anna wants, Anna gets". I can't wait until my sister becomes even worse with her attitude (at the moment she is a whiny selfish brat who doesn't do a thing except complain and demand) because then my mom will have to deal with monster SHE created.
#69 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM
I hate boys that break hearts...
that is all.
#70 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:31 AM
*inhales* I HATE MY SISTER! She always get what she wants, she get to go anywhere she wants! She gets bad grades and she NEVER gets in trouble! If I just have a single B I get in trouble, if my sister gets a simple B she gets 20 dollars! She is just the must ugly monkey I ever seen! She doesn't even look like anyone in our family, she has brown hair with natural highlights but everyone in my family has NATURAL black hair except for the people in my family who are half white. My sister is also a fat MONKEY! She weights like 20 pounds more then me and eats all the time! She's 9, by the way. Oh my god, MY SISTER is also like filthy rich from all the money she got from her grades! Trust me her grades aren't so good mine are ALL A's! My dad will say something if I got a single 90 or 91! I try to keep my grades up above a 95, but its hard! Hard I tell you! I stress about it everyday, why must they do this, why must they do that! *exhales*
Instructor
#71 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:26 PM
I'm tired of my mom putting me last! Whatever my brothers(who have no jobs and are in their 20s and still live at home) want they get! Whenever my mom takes me somewhere one or both of them come along and then they make fun of everything I want which makes me not want it anymore and it's so frustrating! My mom was supposed to take me to the mall today and it was just gonna be me and her but no my stupid bro has to come to. So now I'm forced to wait for 2 hours before we go. I don't even want to go now. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CherificSim
I hate boys that break hearts...
that is all.

i couldn't agree more.
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 10:42 PM
:rant: This is probably kind of (on second thought, really) going to sound stupid and shallow, but here goes...

This girl I know (let's call her Gina-no clue why I picked that name, but oh well) and were talking, and she pretty much flat out started insulting me. Not directly, just stuff like, "Oh, I hate that store you always shop at, everything in there is disgusting."

I don't know...maybe I'm just over reacting. But she's lied to me before too- about the guys I like, mostly. Once she told me-no, more than once- that this one guy really liked me too, and that he'd told her, and she'd always get offended and be like, "What, you don't believe me?" And then admit days later that she'd been lying! I almost made a total fool of myself the first couple times, too...it totally sucked.

And I can't hang out when anyone but her if she's not there too. I can't do anything in between classes unless she's there too, or she gets mad and totally ignores me. I tell her I want to work alone on a project because I've been with her non stop for everything else we've done that year (I don't say that last part, of course) and suddenly she thinks I'm a total jerk. Am I? I don't know anything any more.

She's been doing this ever since I've known her...and we're supposed to be BFFs. I'm honestly so confused...when she's nice, she's amazing...but when she starts insulting me, it's brutal.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:49 PM
Mondays, especially this Monday, are made of misery, suffering and assorted hell. What has happened? Let's see. I rear-ended someone because of a split second distraction and faulty brakes on my junker. We were both free of injury, thank God, and I apologized profusely for the damage I did (it wasn't much, paint and a couple of scrapes). My car on the other hand is ready for the junkyard, the hood is folded in, the grill is destroyed and my headlight was shattered all over the road. Not to mention that now I have a pretty ticket for careless driving (which is actually cool, I deserve it) but what irks me the most is that I'm going to have to buy a new car ... before Wednesday.

That and feeling of 'oh my god, I ruined someone's day! I wouldn't care if it was just MY day because...well, that would be an improvement'.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Field Researcher
#75 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM
I'm sick of humanity. Reasons? Today I told my dogs that they are lucky because they're /dogs/ and not humans. I believe humanity has been stooped to a lowest of lows. I believe that atrocities like the Holocaust and the Civil War (there's much worse than the civil war, i know) are dishonorable and dispicable. I don't understand where I can find a 'god' when I remember those horrible times. 6 Million people died. 6 MILLION. That number is astounding. But yet, I'm supposed to find 'god' in all of this. I can't. I just can't. Maybe I'm mad at humanity, maybe I'm mad at extreme ends, I have no clue what I'm mad at.
But I'm here.
That's something isn't it?

:[
Locked thread
Page 3 of 144