Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Glitchy Outerwear (Everyday outfits with gloves added on) and Extra Objects Listed In Buy Mode
Hello everyone, there is an issue I have to address with my Sims 3 game. Ever since I've gotten my new laptop I've installed all my Sims games onto my new laptop, however I lost my Seasons game for quite a while so I ended up installing all the EPs and SPs (including Into the Future and Island Paradise) without having the Seasons game installed. However later on that year I ended up finding it and installed it onto my list of expansions that I have. I've played normally for the summer and fall seasons of the game. It was just then at the end of the fall time that every pre-made sim and townies were dressing in their regular everyday clothes when it was basically winter temperatures outside, this was very odd since on my old laptop this never had happened to me before.. Doing the obvious, I thought it was a CC and mod problem.. and I ended up wiping a clean slate and testing out a new file to see if that worked. Doing all of that, it was gone! I later reinstalled some of the CC that I only wanted and it worked, even when I added in some of my mods that I use it worked. I downloaded Easy CASP editor to edit some of my CC to fix the categories, and as soon as I saved it and re-entered the game.. BOOM! Pre-made sims were walking around in their everyday outfits in the 3 feet of snow, where the only protection they have against the harsh conditions are their glovies (they sometimes wouldn't even wear those either!). Being frustrated with this issue, I went to search for a solution.. I did find out that only a couple of people had this problem as it seems to be a rare issue. One of the suggestions was a full uninstall and reinstall. I did that, and it worked again!... I even added in my CC and mods and it still was working!.. Once again, for only a little while.. I thought that this would fix the problem with my game, so I re-categorized all the clothing that I wanted and I left all the base game and expansion pack clothing untouched, only editing CC content. As soon as I entered the game.. it happened again.. except with a very interesting side effect.. I've noticed that there were extra build and buy mode objects such as counter tiles without the cabinet, some object in the entertainment category called "Bridge Template", and even service cars were now available in buy mode! This last one isn't really a problem except for the fact that the extra counters and even sectional objects are duplicated in the buy menu which can get pretty annoying when building using some of these objects. I have looked high and low for an explanation and fix for this glitch however I came up empty handed, so I discarded the buy mode glitch until someone would find a fix. The main problem with my game is with the annoying outerwear glitch. I have uninstalled the game, removed the EasyCASP file from the Package files, even deleted and re-added the Package/Mods folders with only the mods I want; all to only to see the glitch occur again. Like I said, this hasn't happened before at all on my old computer as I even used all the same mods that I use. I have re-installed the base game and all it's EPs once, and uninstalled and reinstalled Seasons twice and this issue hasn't been fixed. My mods I have are, AwesomeMod, and some of NRAAS. And I have all the Expansions and Stuff packs not including Fast Lane, Katy Perry Stuff, and Movie Stuff. I've been working to fix this glitch for about 5 months and have still came up empty handed so if anyone out there has any suggestions or answers to these 2 issues, please let me know. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to read this and have a good day
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:39 AM
AwesomeMod could be responsible for the extra objects in the catalog (my memory sucks,
but I think I read that a relatively recently updated version had that issue, in the meantime
for all I know that could have been resolved, I'm sticking with an older stable version).

For the other issue (no outerwear), have you tried using the SuperPatch after installing Seasons? (Just a wild guess on my part)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 10:13 AM
For the Outerwear Changing problem - If you have Retuner you could try this: From City Hall or a Computer:
NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.Actors > Sim
kTemperatureToSwitchToOuterwear > 32
kTemperatureToSwitchOutOfOuterwear > 50
Increase the default value of 32 to make sims change into Outerwear before it gets too cold. The default value of 32 degrees = freezing point. Suggested value: 50.
Increase the default value of 50 to make sims change out of their Outerwear at a higher temperature. The default value of 50 degrees is not very warm at all. Suggested value: 60.
Note: Setting the values too low or too high will make your sims change in and out of their outerwear more often. This can sometimes cause game lag.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:22 PM Last edited by SimFan96 : 21st Mar 2015 at 4:24 PM.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions Arsil and barbarat. Arsil, I have never heard of SuperPatcher before, however before I installed each of my games (in order) I updated my Sims 3 game whenever I was prompted to (I installed all of my EPs and SPs in order). Could that be the problem? I did try returner just now, unfortunately it did not work as it appears to be a problem with the game generating an outfit using only outerwear clothing using nothing but their everyday outfit but not them changing into their outerwear outfit. Thanks for the suggestions though!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFan96
Thanks for the replies and suggestions Arsil and barbarat. Arsil, I have never heard of SuperPatcher before, however before I installed each of my games (in order) I updated my Sims 3 game whenever I was prompted to (I installed all of my EPs and SPs in order). Could that be the problem? I did try returner just now, unfortunately it did not work as it appears to be a problem with the game generating an outfit using only outerwear clothing using nothing but their everyday outfit but not them changing into their outerwear outfit. Thanks for the suggestions!

The Super Patch has many more advantages and fixes than just applying the incremental patches. For Sims 3 once you install your base game it doesn't matter what order you install everything else although I admit when I've done reinstalls I've tried to keep them in order When doing a reinstall I apply the Super Patch after installing the base game and again after I've finished installing all the EPs/SPs. When reapplying the game will tell you you are patched. Proceed anyway. That final install will overwrite the first installation catching anything that might have gone astray during the remaining installations.

Sorry Retuner didn't work for you. Did you remember to clear your caches?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:44 PM
I did clear my caches to ensure that none of the outerwear glitches would happen only to have them return Would you recommend me uninstall and reinstall my Sims 3 games and just use the super patcher instead of the updates prompted by the installer if I do reinstall? Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:38 PM
I can't say I'd recommend a complete reinstall, at least not at this point. Way back I only used incremental patches...when I finally decided to Super Patch I just installed it over everything else. As I mentioned, the game will tell you you are patched...proceed anyway. I really can't guarantee it will fix your issue but it sure resolved a lot of "quirks" I was experiencing as well as those of other simmers who have reported same after Super Patching. Good luck if you give it a try...let us know if it helped and forgive me...I can't help myself "don't forget to clear your caches" before starting the game again
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:12 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but the buymode glitch is a bug in AwesomeMod as is the outerwear glitch. The outerwear glitch should be fixed in the most recent version from March, while buymode multiplication is not fixed yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:38 AM
That was the fix to my problem, Don_Babilion! I removed Awesomemod as well as and poof! It seems the glitch is gone for now as well as the extra buy mode glitch! Thank you so much for the help, it's very much appreciated!