Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 2:08 AM
Default RELIABLE cc sites?
The only sites I fully trust not to give me viruses or malware are this one and TSR (and yes I know they're a bit morally skeevy, but I'm looking at safety issues). Even the official site has issues.

So what are some reliable places to go that will give me CC as well as peace of mind?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 5:41 AM
I've found Around The Sims to be fine, or at least I haven't had any issues with things I've downloaded.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:20 AM
What style are you looking for?
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:35 AM
Anything, really. I've gone through some of the sites listed on the wiki's Content List and found some that look pretty dangerous.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:33 PM
Dunno what you mean by "dangerous." I never had viruses or malware or malicious content downloaded into my PC for downloading CC— and I have downloaded a lot of CC through the years and with previous Sims games. As long as you browse the Internet (mainly the file-hosting sites actually) with an Ad-Blocker and other security plug-ins for your browser it’s unlikely you will end up clicking in those sort of big flashing “DOWNLOAD ME!!” pop-ups that have nothing to do with the CC that you intended to download and all with unrelated crappy software.

Someone at SimsCave a few months ago had been having problems with CC and asked for recommendations of nice sites, mainly of buy/build stuff. So Soundtracks is going to be lazy and paste you those links:

BAUFIVE | EXOTIC ELEMENTS | MANGO | GELINA | POCCI | MARCUS (some sets might be high-poly, but it's often stated clearly) | DAVIDMONT | EVERLASTING-GARDEN | SIMCREDIBLE | DARA | KARAS | KOPOSOV | ESATTO (some sets might be highpoly) | TRUTJE | OBP | EDITSIM | 77SIM (some objects might be highpoly) | AMINOVAS | VERONARELAPSE | PRZEMUS13 (this creator is under "Falko" at TSR, so be careful with duplicate files) | AWESIMS | SIMPLYSTYLING | CLUBCRIMSYN
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 2:32 AM
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 7:18 AM
Yes I already said this one.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 2:37 PM
I get my CC updates from mysims3blog and I never had a problem with the links provided there. Granted, I'm a somewhat conservative downloader focusing mostly on furniture and worlds.