Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Orangestarburst : 25th Mar 2016 at 7:09 AM.
Default Could someone please help me convert an adult dress to a teen dress?
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category but, I need some help converting this dress: http://www.beocreations.com/creatio...ea_princess.php to a teen dress. I'm a newbie and have never done any blender or milkshape work before and have tried to understand it but simply can't. So if anyone would be willing and kind enough to convert it to teen for me please let me know and give me a download link to it. Reason being why I want this dress so badly for teens is that, I have a mermaid teen and she has Prom ("Formal dance" as referred to in-game) coming up soon and it would be just lovely on her. If it isn't too hard to do I wouldn't mind a conversion of the tail for teens too Thanks for any help
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 6:18 AM
Oh, sorry
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 6:02 PM
Do you have S3PO?
Cloning-> CAS Part
Find the part you want to make available to teenagers.
On the right hand side, click teenager and unclick the other ages (otherwise, your cloned part shows up twice in the other ages). Finish cloning as usual.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 1:39 AM
I would say that if OP is comfortable testing the above procedure, then yes, go for it and see whether you like the results. I have an opinion about the likely outcome, but an actual result would be much more useful than opinions.

Here's my belief, then: I agree that the above step is necessary for a teen to use an adult item, but I'm pretty sure it is not sufficient for clothing to fit your Sim properly, especially when she's in motion. For some items, yes, SOC can make it usable by a different category of Sim, or in a different room of the house or whatever -- but clothing, I'm not so sure. This is merely what I gather from looking across various creator's sites. Teenage Sims have struggled for years with CC clothing choices that far more limited than what YA/A Sims have. Creators know this! But they balk at the additional work of creating versions for Teens (a smaller population than YA's + A's). So, I surmise that the "additional work" goes beyond just marking the item as available to Teens.
Inventor
#6 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 2:41 AM
^ Yes indeed. It will be usable , but the teen will "blimp" up in the arms, legs and torso. If you are using separate tops and bottoms ( one for adult, one for teen) you'll also get a very visible gap in the waist area. Creators frequently make things that they say are for teen-adult, but if it's just a single package then they've actually just categorized it incorrectly, which is easily fixable in s3pe. By fixable , I mean deselecting the age groups it shouldn't show in, it's not going to fix the gaps or size changes. Young adults and adults share the same clothing meshes, teens and elders don't.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:59 AM
I've never noticed any blimp arms or legs when I do this. But then, I'm easily amused and it doesn't take much for me to be happy.
Inventor
#8 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 7:19 AM
^ Which is an awesome way to be! Some distort more than others and it's really just a personal preference. I just like my sims to look uniform in shape from one set of clothing to the next.

Teen sim, no slider changes or any other changes... on the left teen mesh, on the right adult mesh.

This is actually a pretty minor change, some seem to change more.

Teen top, bottom that was classified for teens-adults by the uploader, but is actually for adults.

The perfect cc for when your magician sim reaches the " I can saw an audience member in half " stage of their career.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 11:46 PM
Thanks for the help, and sadly I don't have S3PO. Love the "blimp teen" xD I also would like to say I love your name Emmett (totally unrelated to Back to the Future)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 12:31 AM
you could try nraas - MasterController
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dailycard
you could try nraas - MasterController

How is that done with Master Controller?
Alchemist
#12 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
How is that done with Master Controller?

Nraas / Master Controller / Settings / CAS / Category Changes / Allow (Female/Male) Adult Clothes for Teens

But you end up with a behemoth of a catalog that takes eons to load, and the same problem with tops and bottoms (cutoff at the waist).
OP, your best bet would be to try and enable the dress for teens and see if it fits well enough. Most noticeable effects are thicker legs and messed up ankles.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!