Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:42 PM
Default Blood Scholar Vladimir
I've had him show up a few random times in my kindgom. Does anybody know what triggers him appear?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:26 PM
hmm Vampire really i'think he's custom sim created be game
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:42 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dcstorm2012
I've had him show up a few random times in my kindgom. Does anybody know what triggers him appear?

He's one of the iconic sims.
There's a cap on how many of them will appear per kingdom and a fairly big list of them....I think the cap is 5 iconic sims per kingdom, (it might be more, I'd have to look again, I came across the file for them ages ago, but I think it was 5).
It's a random chance how many you'll get up to the cap, and then a random chance of which ones you'll get.
Sims like Navigator Thierry, Consort Linota, Flowerseller Penelope, Servant Dimples, Trader Andrew, Sweeper Helewise, Blood-Scholar Vladimir and Marquis Chad among others are all iconic sims.

I meant to test if you kill an iconic sim will they be replaced with another iconic sim to keep your original spawn number, or will the number be re-rolled, (so if you had 3 to start is it possible to re-roll 5 and get an extra 2 from killing one, or if you had 5, kill one and re-roll 3 will an extra one be removed), or will the original count not matter at all and be just as likely to spawn a villager.

I've recently had Linota appear as other things. My previous kingdom she was Town crier Linota, and in this kingdom she's Town watchman Linota, which was weird, same sim, same name, just different title, I haven't seen any of the other iconic sims appear as anything else though, and I don't think I've ever had a kingdom that Linota hasn't been in, she's always been Consort Linota before though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
He's one of the iconic sims.
There's a cap on how many of them will appear per kingdom and a fairly big list of them....I think the cap is 5 iconic sims per kingdom, (it might be more, I'd have to look again, I came across the file for them ages ago, but I think it was 5).
It's a random chance how many you'll get up to the cap, and then a random chance of which ones you'll get.
Sims like Navigator Thierry, Consort Linota, Flowerseller Penelope, Servant Dimples, Trader Andrew, Sweeper Helewise, Blood-Scholar Vladimir and Marquis Chad among others are all iconic sims.

I meant to test if you kill an iconic sim will they be replaced with another iconic sim to keep your original spawn number, or will the number be re-rolled, (so if you had 3 to start is it possible to re-roll 5 and get an extra 2 from killing one, or if you had 5, kill one and re-roll 3 will an extra one be removed), or will the original count not matter at all and be just as likely to spawn a villager.

I've recently had Linota appear as other things. My previous kingdom she was Town crier Linota, and in this kingdom she's Town watchman Linota, which was weird, same sim, same name, just different title, I haven't seen any of the other iconic sims appear as anything else though, and I don't think I've ever had a kingdom that Linota hasn't been in, she's always been Consort Linota before though.

Interesting. All right I've got Linota right now, but she's a Courtesan and married to my blacksmith. I'll kill her off and see if one of the others spawn. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the FYI!
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:31 PM
Here's a list of all the iconic townies for anyone that's interested, including the surnames because some of them are amusing, and incase anyone ever needs to reset one...

Females
Goodwoman Samantha Howell
Marquess Kira Windstealer
Goodwoman Vanessa Pennywick
Druidess Amelia Tellamyr
Crone Ghastia Crotchwell
Flowerseller Penelope Swann
Neema The Deft Penswift
Servant Dimples McMudgey
Brunhilda The Baker Schlumms
Servant Gertie Melnitz
Seamstress Albreda Wright
Basilea The Sly Barrett
Maid Celestria Brumhondel
Sweeper Helewise Robinheart
Sweeper Edith Clamp
Alewife Ida Everbright
Dame Constance Slapworthy
Huntswoman Felicia Frieze
Moneylender Golda Oritt
Handmaiden Margery Wornweerie
Consort Linota Shuckley
Farseer Donna Pepperlace

Males
Apothecary Chadwick Cogswort
Bricklayer Cho Chao
Ratcatcher Ferris Peck
Aris The Moneylender Stickman
Silvio The Playwright Von Lucian
Gondar The Innkeeper Zeddemore
Locksmith Randle Larkley
Architect Derrim Spangler
Alvis The Penitent Stanz
Earl Of Smortlee Rupert Mortman
Potter Ned Venkman
Weaver Gervase Butterbean
Thierry The Navigator Branderschmackt
Scribe Eustace Andron
Farrier Hamond Rye
Bertram the Peddler Tulley
Marquis Chad Moldheart
Herbalist Samer Grinwold
Furrier Rhode Eyelan
Dyer Colin Crippe
Chandler Derp Derpington
Forester Glib Puffpastry
Jeweler Bartholomew Trifford
Tailor Xin Lao
Bloodscholar Vladimir Rubicant
Trader Andrew Swain
Bowyer Dirk Goodhart
Gravedigger Umfrey Chopsworthy
Roger the Shrubber Murp
Herald Hernando Fabuloso
Goatkeeper Norman Lording
Poet Richard Stone
Beastslayer Godwin Grandwell
Flint the Dashing Young Falconer Gladhart
Cartographer Hugh McHetu

Girls
Ward Fina Sabrina
Page Aline Snootes
Phillipa the Waif Rode
Urchin Lora Boycutte
Urchin Beatrice Doyley

Boys
Underspy Bernardo Fabuloso
Errand Boy Walter Winthrop
Apprentice Stephen Lee
Page Gamel Grynder
Osric The Scamp Grainge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:41 PM
Okay, insofar I've noticed that the iconic townspeople seem to come in packages. IE Crone Ghastia, Druidess Amelia, and Bloodscholar Vlad all come together. Using the random spawn feature doesn't seem to bring in any new iconic sims, just random ones. I'm going to start killing a few and watching the gates to see if that brings in new figures.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dcstorm2012
Okay, insofar I've noticed that the iconic townspeople seem to come in packages. IE Crone Ghastia, Druidess Amelia, and Bloodscholar Vlad all come together. Using the random spawn feature doesn't seem to bring in any new iconic sims, just random ones. I'm going to start killing a few and watching the gates to see if that brings in new figures.

That would be interesting if they came in packs since I haven't seen anything in the files I've looked at that suggest they should behave that way, unless the randomization of them isn't actually as random as they'd hoped it to be.

I'll need to go back over some of my old kingdoms and take a note of which ones are there. I've had Vlad and the Druidess more than I think I've had Crone Ghastia though, she was the very first sim I ever sent to the pit, I didn't see the druidess till a later kingdom, because I recall being quite excited to see a new one, so she was after I'd realized that certain sims were 'special'.
Roger the Shrubber has been the rarest for me, I think I've only ever seen him once in a very early kingdom before I knew about iconic sims, and I think Thierry the Navigator was the very last one on the list to appear for me, and at that time I thought the iconic sims were connected to kingdom ambition.
Although saying that I recall seeing Goodwoman Samantha a few times, but Goodwoman Vanessa doesn't ring any bells, can't for the life of me put a face to the name.

Great idea killing them as they come out the gates, you should hopefully be able to see what's going on with them very quickly. It would have been ages before it occurred to me to take that approach to it :P