Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 4:26 AM
Default Lil' Suckers Crib
I'm posting this because when I encountered a random event during a pit beast fight that I hadn't seen before, I naturally searched the web to see if anyone had tips on which option I should choose... I couldn't find anything on it, so I figured others might want to know. (And I've also dual posted this on the EA Sims Medieval Forum.) My hero was a level 5 merchant with the Adventurous trait. I did not feed the beast before jumping in. (I was feeling kinda evil.) And the options for the fight were to stay away or move closer to the beast. I didn't get a screenshot of the encounter, but I did get one of the result... I chose to stay away, tripped over a baby pit beast in an urn, and pocketed it. It is a house inventory item that fits nicely anywhere you can place it and works like the potted pit beast on the wizard's scrying table.

Level 5 Merchants - Stealing Baby Monsters since 2014.

(That's a captured Dire Chinchilla in the cage in the background, for those that haven't seen them before.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 12:18 AM
This is amazing. Now I need to try to get one.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 6:36 PM
You can also get it from the "move closer" option.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Saradomin 50
You can also get it from the "move closer" option.

Right. When the event arises for any hero Sim brave enough to jump in the pit, they will get the baby pit beast, Steve, placed in their Household Inventory which they can obtain in furnish mode, but when a player selects to approach the Beast, they will come out badly injured, but not when staying away....that is if they make it out of the Pit, if they survive and do not die.

Just a hint for you dear, so you do not have panic attacks or feel overly fearful for any of your Sims who are fighting Griselda, is when you decide to have one of your sims jump in the pit, have them wait until they are above level 5 to get an almost absolute assured safe departure from the pit. Meaning a near absolute that they will survive the experience.

Otherwise, any sim under level 5 is at the mercy of the games random decision on whether or not it is time for a killing. Although, I have found that the more a sim feeds Griselda, the more she loves them, and will not fight, but do whatever it is she does with the sim when the hearts float above the top of the pit.

Mind you though, that even if the hearts are showing, and Griselda is a happy pit monster, your sim can still die if the game has chosen it that way when the scenario, either for the Baby Pit Beast's crib, or for one of the parts of the Doom Sword shows up. Though rare, it can happen. I had a king die anyway, though he and Griselda were getting it on.

If you are super attached to your sim that is fixing to be eaten by Griselda, and you can't bear the game if they should no longer be in it, there is a way to rescue them out of the pit before Griselda can chomp her last bit....You must do this before your sim is considered dead, and that is to hold down the left button on your mouse with the pointer on the center of the Pit, Press down the Shift key on your keyboard, and a mini window will appear on the game screen saying Force Reset at the top, and Reset Later or similar on the bottom. If you select Force Reset, your Sim will pop out of the Pit GOOD as New, the event having never taken place.

What you do after that is up to you Dear. I am so glad you are having a blast playing the game. Keep having a blast!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.