Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 5:23 AM
Default Storage Items
Hi Folks ! My current question : Are there any other 'storage' type items in the game other than the Wardrobes , Food Larders and Book Cases/Shelves that can be used to ' hold / store' items, instead of having them all in inventory . As in the case of the Physician, like a 'Potions' cabinet to store crafted medicines, etc. Yeah, I know you can keep crafted items in the craft work stations , but I like to keep only my craft materials there . Also, I'd like a storage item where I could store various items ( like Books I can't read yet ) that the public can't access . Unfortunatly, putting a bookcase in a 'private' area, renders it un-usable to store books in , guess it only has a 'public' tag attached to it . I haven't been thru the whole game yet , so don't know if some items will show up later from an rewards un-lock .

Thanks in advance for informative replys .
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oldtimearcher
Hi Folks ! My current question : Are there any other 'storage' type items in the game other than the Wardrobes , Food Larders and Book Cases/Shelves that can be used to ' hold / store' items, instead of having them all in inventory . As in the case of the Physician, like a 'Potions' cabinet to store crafted medicines, etc. Yeah, I know you can keep crafted items in the craft work stations , but I like to keep only my craft materials there . Also, I'd like a storage item where I could store various items ( like Books I can't read yet ) that the public can't access . Unfortunatly, putting a bookcase in a 'private' area, renders it un-usable to store books in , guess it only has a 'public' tag attached to it . I haven't been thru the whole game yet , so don't know if some items will show up later from an rewards un-lock .

Thanks in advance for informative replys .

Not that I'm aware of. If you have a child you can store items in their inventories.
A storage chest that would hold any inventory item would have been nice.
I normally adopt a child to use as an "apprentice". I store items on them and have them run to the village shop if I need to get something. Think of them as a storage chest in walking, talking, small human form :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Not that I'm aware of. If you have a child you can store items in their inventories.

I normally adopt a child to use as an "apprentice". :P

On that , Is there any difference , 'relationship-wise' of an adopted child to parent and the 'created by WooHoo ' child to parents ? And can a un-married Hero adopt a child ? And is there any more or less control of said child with either case ?

So many things to know, and yet to learn
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oldtimearcher
On that , Is there any difference , 'relationship-wise' of an adopted child to parent and the 'created by WooHoo ' child to parents ? And can a un-married Hero adopt a child ? And is there any more or less control of said child with either case ?

So many things to know, and yet to learn

It's just the same. The function to adopt was added by Grim. The only difference is instead of getting a baby, it will pop up with a box that will let you choose one of the village kids. If you don't like the choice you can try again and you sometimes get a different choice of kids. It adds the child as blood relationship. The adopt function won't work if you use Shimrod's mod that stops village kids from spawning.
You can be un-married and adopt. I always add them as apprentices/page boys/handmaidens etc as soon as I make the hero.