Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Pideli : 7th Dec 2013 at 3:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Album disappeared
I had written a freaking long story in the photoalbum. Now the story is gone and all pictures are moved back to the left section. I click on the "write story" button and it says that there is no text to this photoalbum. I am very angry.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?!

Okay I just remembered that I copied all sims files some days ago so the story is probably saved there. Can I just replace the new XML file with the old, or will the new pictures disappear or will something other crazy thing happen? And I also would like to know if anyone of you know what might have caused this terrible bug so it doesn't happen again.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 4:50 PM
My guess is that you can replace the XML file and your story will reappear.

I don't know of any reason why an XML file would disappear like that.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 5:13 PM
I've had that happen in the past. Add a new entry to the album, and go into your Neighbourhoods/N000x/Storytelling folder. Copy down the name of the newest album XML file, delete it, and rename your original album XML to the name you just copied down - you shouldn't even need to close your game to do this.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 1:47 AM
It's possible there's an upper limit to the length of the .xml file. I've had that happen a few times, too, not necessarily with long ones, and it's a pain in the neck.

If you use the storytelling album a lot, I recommend this lovely utility: http://transamerican.net/s2album/ .

It will let you read and edit the story without having the game open, and if you close an album (the household empties, or you decide it's just gotten too long) you can rename it and the program can still read it. Editing the pictures is clumsy, but editing the text is easy, and you don't have to keep a household open just because you don't want to lose the story.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 11:02 AM
Thank you everyone!