Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 8:57 PM
Default Things TS3 doesn't have from other iterations, but you want....?
Share your thoughts. What do you find missing from TS3 while other TS# iterations have?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:26 PM
-Open shopping/dining (Available through store content but it always was Base Game/EP, therefore, in-depth and way better handled.)
-The in-game storytelling album
-Full animations like TS/TS2
-Paying for the cab
-In-depth businesses
-Sub-hoods
-Flower gardens

I wish there were more interactions/objects brought back such as jump rope, miss mary mack, lullabies, monkey bars, etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 9:41 PM
- Gallery.
- Flexible TS4 CAS.
- Pet Stores.
- OFB-alike system.
- TS2 Apartments.
- Mrs CrumpleBottom.
- In-game New World option.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:19 AM
When playing 3 I now miss the search option 4 has.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:02 PM
That thing where you can place a saved lot onto a lot size smaller than it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 1:08 PM
I miss all the cutscenes from TS2. Especially for pregnancy and birth. The scene where the plumbob splits into two was always so cute.
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 1:18 PM
I am looking forward to a Sims 3 Ultimate Collection someday to flesh out the EPs and content I don't have right now.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Site Helper
#9 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 2:18 PM
Yes, except that you know it's going to ship with patch 1.69....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:33 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 27th Apr 2017 at 6:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Yes, except that you know it's going to ship with patch 1.69....

So, about that....is it really that bad? I've been using it on this PC since day one, about 9 months now, and I haven't noticed any difference at all. Of course, any potential performance loss has been more than offset by the much more powerful hardware (compared to my last PC), but if reverting to 1.67 would significantly boost the game, I'll definitely want to look into it.
And still, I wouldn't mind seeing TS3 released as a free Ultimate Collection a month before TS5. I've never quite gotten around to buying every stuff pack I want.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:11 PM
I see no big issues with 1.69. Pretty much plays like the previous patches did for me.

- Cuddling that couples do in TS2 when they wake up in the morning, but aren't getting up yet
- Goosing another sim
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 7:48 PM
Romantic interactions from Sims2 - kiss/caressing hand while sitting and dinning (these are really cute), surprise engagement (also while dinning for example), things like that;

minor kids' activities (like jumping on the bed)

"make out" Sims 2 animation, it always made me laugh (so ridiculous) these from S3 are .. well, mostly "meh", made without heart and sense of humor. Most S2 animations/minimovies had that big *wink*-factor on the level which did not insult player's intelligence. And that was quite good job (to not reach the "fart-humor" level);

inside planting (aka: true greenhouse). I know there is a buyable set but it is buyable, bugged and messy;

back to the Sims2 type of painting, no matter of modders' efforts paintings (portraits especially) in S3 are awful;

assymetric relationships (yeah, 1000th times repeated);

the whole OFB and apartaments' system like stated above, I know there're mods but no matter what they're unable to reach the S2 level because of game limitations;

from S4 (as far as I know the game which I last saw when it was at the 1.13 patch level, so it may be quite obsolete):
flexibility of clothes - no more special preggy models!
separated hats and hairs;
search engine;
more, smaller (means: faster to load) subcategories in CAS, minor things like that
and... em - nothing else?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
separated hats and hairs;
search engine;
more, smaller (means: faster to load) subcategories in CAS, minor things like that

Oh, good ones.
My Sims are not the kind of people to wear hats a lot, or really ever, but when I wanted my Sim to wear a snapback, I had to track down and clone her hairstyle, and then I had to adjust the mesh so that it wouldn't clip. In TS4, you just apply the hat and the game does the rest. But as a result, hairstyles and bottoms are a bitch to mod because of all the variations.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:36 PM
Genetics and TS2-style memories.

And easier lot placement.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 7:53 PM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 28th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM. Reason: lost my harmonica, Albert
Lots are easy to place in Sims 2 because they can only be placed in one way. No funny angles. Though that unroutable terrain in Sims 3 is a whole thing in itself.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Lots are easy to place in Sims 2 because they can only be placed in one way. No funny angles. Though that unroutable terrain in Sims 3 is a whole thing in itself.

Tell me about it. And for TS2 you just need SimCity 4 if you want to make your own neighborhoods (which I have). TS3 Create-a-World still has me scratching my head.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I think there's a mod for that. I ran across it once.

There are also mods for the TS2-style apartments and OFB like business thing. I think there's a mod like the TS2 lot money machine.

I know. I answered the question according to what TS3 officially does not have.

Other things.
-I agree with TS2 AL
-Children playing musical instruments
-Magazines that helped broadened your Sim's knowledge and/or conversation topics
-Buying video games and cell phones
-Ability to put the walls up or down while in TAB mode
-Wardrobes
-Community lot management service workers to keep the lot clean
-Breakdown of bills
Site Helper
#18 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 12:37 AM
Ability to save the game while building without having to go back to the neighborhood view. (Although if you have the right settings on Saver, it will bring up that dialog while you are building and you can save at that point. You may wish you could save -after- you finish what you were in the middle of doing, but at least you can get a save.)
Ability to use TAB while building.
Toddlers climbing out of the crib on their own.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#19 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:09 AM
Crisis situations in TS2 that made the sims' life more complicated and harder, like:
- runaway teens. If a teen's relation with their family members decreased low enough, then they "had enough!" and suddenly left their home. You could call the police to find them!
- mental breakdowns - you know, when sims's aspiration meter hit the bottom and all red, and they had all those funny dramatic animations, and they needed animated therapy to get better.
- chance cards during working hours that could make the sim lose their job. Sometimes we have pop-up questions like that in TS3 too, but with not such drastic consequences.
- the visit from the private school headmaster in order to get their child accepted into the school, that was so pleasantly stressful situation, too, I loved it.
Scholar
#20 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
- mental breakdowns - you know, when sims's aspiration meter hit the bottom and all red, and they had all those funny dramatic animations, and they needed animated therapy to get better.
- the visit from the private school headmaster in order to get their child accepted into the school, that was so pleasantly stressful situation, too, I loved it.

Absolutely. I find it way too easy to keep Sims happy in Sims 3, even with more difficult moodlet tuning. Like, they removed everything bad to potentially happen.

I never thought the headmaster was a stressful situation. He always seemed to LOVE the bathrooms I built! Which were tiny... (claustrophobia fetish?)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:06 PM
Memory system. Moodlets aren't enough because they aren't there infinitely.
Scholar
#22 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:22 PM
Memories exist in Sims 3 to gunk up the works--pretty much what they do in Sims 2 also. I always wanted memories that had consequence. So if stung by bees, you'd get a minor trait after that "afraid of bees." Or if your sim had a lover & stopped loving them, even if their relationship went to neutral or below, there'd be something there (maybe depending on whether they drifted away or had a bad breakup). But it would have to be limited in scope or it would break the game with accumulated gunk.

I like the connected subhoods in Sims 2--the Traveler mod seems to make that happen but it's so difficult for me to get neighborhoods stabilized in Sims 3 that I haven't had the chance to connect them and see how they work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:14 PM
TS3 memory system is ewwww. I much rather TS2 type-of-deal then every second getting a prompt whenever I wanna share every skill point my sim earns moment. In TS2, you could always look back and stuff on moments that the sims had remember for life and are stored in that system automaticly.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:29 PM
The memory system in TS3 is awful. So what if my Sim just dropped her phone, so what if my Sim just made a new acquaintance, so what my Sim just heard her favourite song? I don't give a shit. At least you can disable the headline effects - god forbid if there wasn't a cheat for that.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st May 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Crisis situations in TS2 that made the sims' life more complicated and harder, like:
- runaway teens. If a teen's relation with their family members decreased low enough, then they "had enough!" and suddenly left their home. You could call the police to find them!
- chance cards during working hours that could make the sim lose their job. Sometimes we have pop-up questions like that in TS3 too, but with not such drastic consequences.

I wish they would of added this into 3, I've used the unstable trait for a mental break down effect.. But it just doesn't do enough. It added a little something to the game play. I also remember the Sims getting zits!
Page 1 of 3