Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 5:07 PM
Eventually I would buy the sims 3 but I've been playing the sims 2 for a year and a half
and still getting used to everything, plus I've spent so much on EP'S and SP'S. I'm just
not ready to jump into a new game yet, so with that said I guess another EP would'nt be so bad.
Advertisement
#27 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 5:35 PM
Yeah keep the EP's coming. Improvements to the game are always welcome.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
Honestly, I think there are more then enough EPs for the Sims 2, and although I am happy with and will buy Apartment Life I don't plan on spending anymore more money on the Sims 2 unless there will be a double pack available like the Sims 2 Deluxe. I'm going to wait it out for Sims 3.
#29 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:00 PM
I said no am waiting for The Sims 3... Although I will miss TS2 and I always like to see more add-ons for my game, I don't think any EPs after Apartment Life will be concentrated on enough to make them worth-while buying.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:09 PM
they allready ***** the tradition of 7 EPs, so why not make more? we have plenty of slots in the encyclopedia(one or two...)
#31 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 8:12 PM
what tradition? they did it once! it wasn't like part of the holy scribe or something
Banned
#32 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 8:39 PM
I want more... I just dont think I will get Sims 3.. I just put way too many hours, days, weeks, if we could all of it together maybe even months of work and effort into this game... creating sims building houses, recolouring, playing, set up families, weddings take pictures.... I dont think I can basically throw that all away... I want more
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:14 PM
Only if it is a Medieval/Ancient Times theme.
The only reason why I would want another EP is if they theme it Medieval and/or Ancient Times.

Other than that, the only modern items I can think of would be the saxophone player (from Sims 1) and a buyable sax for the sims. A flute would be nice too!

Oh, and an ice cream counter interactive, so sims can serve gelatto (recolourable of course)!
Instructor
#34 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:19 PM
Yes, I really want a Superstar remake lol.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:26 PM
I don't plan to get Sims3 for a long time. I buy all the EP's and would buy all they sell. But somehow I just want to sit down and play with everything the game has to offer now. See what I can do without waiting for the next EP; without waiting to see what I can do next.

So I'm torn, all the EP's they can give us (opps, sell us) is great. But at the same time, I'm just getting tired of waiting to see what's next and not completely enjoying what I have.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:49 PM
Wow, 100 votes !

No. -- 46 votes
Yes. -- 54 votes
#37 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:11 AM
No.. Because i wouldn't want to waste my money when sims 3 is going to come soon..
Theorist
#38 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by longdaysend
treeag, in one of the games files (after a whole jumble of code) it mentions something about ep10 or up to ep10. i'm looking for the exact location of the file now and i'll post when i find it, or if someone else knows where it is feel free. i was just messing around one day about 2 years ago and found it. it shocked me because i think 10 is a bit much. i'm sure it was just a precaution so the base game would recognize the ep's up to 10 without new coding.

I didn't know that Now I'm curious. Where exactly in the game files is it? Thanks.
Theorist
#39 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:50 AM
At this point I can't say I would or wouldn't buy more EPs, but for crying out loud, EA keeps selling me garbage and if they continue, why should I spend hard-earned money on even more defective merchandise?

In my opinion, way too many people run to get in line for the next shiny they release when in reality everyone should be taking a cold, hard look at the company who has made their riches by selling us defective software. Is there any other product anyone buys where so many defects would be tolerated? I didn't think so.
#40 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:31 AM
I can't wait for the sims 3, and am a bit tired of TS2..

However, that said.. I'll buy any and all things The Sims related and enjoy them, so bring on more EPs! Just as long as it doesn't slow down your work on TS3.. which I'm sure it won't, since it's a separate team.
Instructor
#41 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:56 PM
Treeag i found it, i was looking in the wrong place before.

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userProps.xml

if you scroll down you'll see a long list of 'Visited neighborhood no neighborhood for EP##' towards the end it has 9 and 10

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Alchemist
#42 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:04 PM
I'm not even sure I'm buying Apartment Life much less another EP after it. I'm ready for TS3. There's still enough stuff in TS2 that I haven't done to tide me over until then
Theorist
#43 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longdaysend
Treeag i found it, i was looking in the wrong place before.

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userProps.xml

if you scroll down you'll see a long list of 'Visited neighborhood no neighborhood for EP##' towards the end it has 9 and 10

Thanks Just checked it and yeah, it has 10. Didn't know that, and I wonder if that actually limit the amount of EPs.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:31 PM
In the errorlog it was up to 32 !
Theorist
#45 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JujuTS2
In the errorlog it was up to 32 !

yeah, you're right. Weird. I'm guessing it serves for other purpose rather than EP limit, then.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:41 PM
So it's not a clue , and 32 EPs it isn't enough !

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
Field Researcher
#47 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:45 PM
I don't really care whether there will be another EP or not. If I install any more, my computer will probably explode! lol. ~~;

So if they do make another EP, it will have to be SO VERY GOOD that I'm willing to bear all the lag, slow loading times and eventual computer death that normally makes me grind my teeth already.

TS3 is a big no-no for me anyway. >: Not willing to spend any cash on all those games and hardware upgrades anymore.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Theorist
#48 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:04 PM
Dorka, you do realize that eventually you'll have to upgrade your computer, right? you might change your pc around the time TS3 is released... I know I will, this pc I'm using is around 10 months old and by the time TS3 is released it'll be like almost 2 years old, if not more
Field Researcher
#49 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:09 PM
Haha, that's true... my friend keeps saying that too; "You'll have a new computer by then!" I undoubtedly will, since this one is 6 years old. So I might change my mind then... currently, I'm still stubbornly sticking to this old, laggy machine, and cursing any game that won't work on it.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Alchemist
#50 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorka
Haha, that's true... my friend keeps saying that too; "You'll have a new computer by then!" I undoubtedly will, since this one is 6 years old. So I might change my mind then... currently, I'm still stubbornly sticking to this old, laggy machine, and cursing any game that won't work on it.

wow, you're playing on a 6 year old computer? I'm impressed my friend
Page 2 of 6