Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 5:46 AM Last edited by missroxor : 2nd Sep 2013 at 8:57 AM.
Official Competitions: Winners Showcase and Other Announcements
Those of you with long enough memories might recall that we hosted two official competitions earlier this year. Well after what seems like a never-ending run of hold-ups we’re happy to be able to announce the winners of the Cultural Diversity Create and Photography competitions. Better late than never, ey?

There were a lot of great entries and some of the scores were very close but we managed to narrow it down to two photography winners and 4 create winners. Congratulations to all those who entered but especially to the winning six! So let’s not delay this anymore! Here are our official competition winners:

Cultural Diversity Photography Competition winners

Our TS2 winner is Bo Cooper representing North America (Romani)
Made by jones7659

Our TS3 winner is Leilani Mahaulu representing North America/Oceania (Hawaii)
Made by PlayinSafe

Cultural Diversity Create Competition winners
Since there were almost twice as many TS2 entries as TS3 entries, we initially planned to have two winners for TS2 and one for TS3. As it turned out, we ended up with two TS3 entries tied for first place so here are our four winners:

Congratulations to you all and thank-you for your patience in waiting to hear the results! Trophies, ribbons and achievement stickers will be on their way to you all shortly. Participants will also receive participation achievement stickers. It all has to be sent out manually and there’s a little bit of a backlog (especially since the calendar winners need to be sent their trophies and achievement stickers too) so it won’t be instantaneous. Yes, more waiting but it’s nearly over. If you haven't received your prize by the end of the month then please comment below in case you were accidentally missed.

An apology
As most of you know, it’s taken quite a while to finally bring this run of competitions to a close. It probably didn’t seem like we were doing much of anything from a user point of view when things went quiet but I can assure you there are a few moderators with a lot more grey hair and wrinkles than they had this time last year In theory the competitions were supposed to be a fun way to encourage creativity and bridge the gap between those who upload and those who use the creativity forums. In reality they required a lot of work behind the scenes and put a heavier burden than we anticipated on the various moderators who made up the competitions team. That coupled with the fact that we were short staffed anyway and helping to build and test the new upload system meant that the competitions fell by the way-side since moderators were just too busy to work on them (and in the midst of all this, some moderators even insisted on having a life outside of MTS! – You just can’t get the staff these days! ). So that was a very TL;DR way of saying we’re sorry that the competitions were left hanging for so long and we’re sorry that you had to wait beyond the limits of reasonable patience to hear the results.

Official Competitions: What now?
At the very start we stated that the plan was to have these competitions run in cycles (Photography competitions, themed months, create competitions and so on) and that there would be three cycles per year. With one complete cycle over we had a discussion about how we thought it went and how we wanted to proceed. We quickly agreed that while our intentions were good, we’d just been too ambitious in terms of how big and how often we wanted to run these competitions with the few staff members we had on the team. The last thing we want is to re-start the cycles only to find ourselves unable to keep up again so we decided it would be best to lay this big competitions master plan to rest. We tried something and it didn’t work out as well as we'd hoped; it happens unfortunately.

There will still be a calendar contest at the end of the year and there will still be occasional official competitions/challenges but those will likely be more ad-hoc like they used to be rather than trying to stick to a rigid schedule. Also, due to their underwhelming popularity during this cycle, we will no longer be continuing with regular themed months either.

In the mean time, the contest forum is thriving with user submitted contests happening on a regular basis. So if you’re missing the competitions or themes at all, head on over there and see what’s happening. If there isn't an open contest running right now, check back in a week
Screenshots

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 10:08 AM
Congratulations to all the winners!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 1:32 PM
Wow! Thank you so much

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yay! Winners! :lovestruc Congrats!
Site Helper
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 3:33 PM
Congratulations to everybody who had time to participate in the contests, and more congratulations to the winners.

(And thank you to the staff for taking the time to run them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 3:35 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 2nd Sep 2013 at 5:35 PM.
Wow! I about fell off my chair when I opened the page and saw Bo right there! Thanks so much Congrats to the other winners as well!

And wouldn't you know...I seem to have misplaced Bo I was going to try to upload him months ago, but never did, and now I've gone and lost him! I move stuff around and switch it in and out so much with AGS, I just don't know where he's gotten to!
Inventor
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 5:31 PM
Omg... I've never won a competition before... this is SO exciting...

THANK YOU! :lovestruc

... and congratulations to all other winners!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:17 PM
Yay! Congratulations! Time for celebrations!
Inventor
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:47 PM
Congratulations to all the winners!!!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:49 PM
Congratulations!!!! Jones - I hope Bo finds his way back

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 11:51 PM
Congratulations to all the winners!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 2:36 AM
Wow! This is how I look right now -->
Thank you so much! Congratulations to all the comp winners!
Interstellar Traveler
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 1:49 PM
Congrats everyone! You all did a fantastic job!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Banned
#14 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 1:06 AM
Congratulations to the winners! Well done! A question, do the participants get a sticker like with the other challenge themes (medieval, stuff for kids, e.c.t.)?
The other one
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 5:31 AM
Yes, Sims99Fanatic

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 10:36 PM
Awesome, Well deserved winners!!
Inventor
#17 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:55 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 13th Sep 2013 at 9:56 AM. Reason: Needs more confetti.
^^

I don't know how I missed this, but congrats to all the winners! *confetti*

"Goonies never say die."
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 6:40 PM
Yay!
Congrats to everyone!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 11:25 AM
Where can I view all the entries? These people who are viruently adament about the worth of their own submissions must be peddling some pretty great wares. I want to see those, too.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 11:12 AM
Congrats everyone - some amazing pics there!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
retired moderator
#21 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
Where can I view all the entries? These people who are viruently adament about the worth of their own submissions must be peddling some pretty great wares. I want to see those, too.

This is the entry list for the Sims 2 competition. Beware whining in that thread too!
Interstellar Traveler
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahsim201666
Excuse me?

Well, she does have a point. It's pretty rude to complain that you didn't win and stating that yours was so much better than the people who won. These people, who worked really hard and displayed an immense amount of creativity, got what they deserved! They presented truly amazing content and earned every bit of that title and blue ribbon. Just imagine if someone else were criticizing your work just as you are criticizing their work. Wouldn't you feel disheartened?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahsim201999
NO I wouldn't because it can help you inprove on your work

I wasn't a judge on this contest, so take the following with a grain of salt.

If you want an outsider's stance, the presentation of your entry looked like the sim was still in Bodyshop. The photos of the sim's environment were really small, and I could be remembering wrongly, but I think you were supposed to have the sim interacting with their environment. Plus, you had multiple shots of the room, and as I recall, you were only supposed to post one.

The story you wrote for the sim, about where she lived not having good resources and poor job prospects, is true, but is not necessarily specific to Africa. People in all parts of the world have to deal with poverty and unemployment. Referencing a specific, verifiable incident in Kenya (like a recent uprising or war) that made the sim's life more difficult would have made your story stronger.

I don't think the problem was that you posted a bad entry, it's that the others followed the contest guidelines more closely and had a stronger presentation. So take the fact that you didn't win as a sign that you need to "improve on your work," and stop claiming BS.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 2:52 PM
Were the prizes and achievement stickers given to the calendar contest winners already? Cause I don't have mine yet...
The other one
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
If you haven't received your prize by the end of the month then please comment below in case you were accidentally missed.

By my watch we’re only an hour late on our promise

All 88 participation stickers, 30 winners stickers, 30 ribbons and 30 trophies have been hand delivered by our merry band of competition elves If you still think you’re missing something please comment and let us know.

Participants should have a lovely red participation sticker which you can find on your profile under the “Achievements” tab.

Winners have the same but theirs is purple with a gold band. Winners should also have a little blue ribbon under their avatar and a download link for their trophy in their inbox

Page 1 of 2