Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
I've never really been into dolls. I was more of the adventurous and nerdy type when I was young.

Well you're obviously in the wrong place. The exit to this thread is that way:

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
I'm being totally serious when I say I'd love to own a RealDoll. Not for sexual purposes though, just like, who WOULDN'T want a life-sized doll? I had one that was the same hight as me when I was very young and It was awesome.

Yeah, me too! That's exactly what I was gonna say too.

Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
This thread reminded me of this creepfest

Her name is Valeria Lukyanova, and yes, she is an actual living human being..

I probably shouldn't admit that I don't find her unattractive, save for the funky eye makeup. Although I've read she is a terrible person and a racist creep.

I'm really diggin' this Tyrion Lannister doll. Totally looks like him! Way too expensive for me though.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 5:22 PM
I collect cloth dolls, as well as plushies (ugly doll, the alpaca dolls they always sell at comic-con, video game and anime characters etc - especially digimon) and teddy bears (1 I found in a charity shop and just decided he was called Manford - and yknow once they have a name you just have to buy them, 2 build-a-bear dolls (one called Jeff my friend bought me, and 1 called Harold my boyfriend got me which has his voice saying 'i love you and i always will' if you squeeze its paw) and various other things.

When I was a kid, I LOVED dolls. Like, I got bored of barbies pretty damn quickly but dolls... I had sooo many and so many outfits for them. My Mum was interested in those Reborn dolls, so I know how to paint them because I promised I'd make her one one day - but they're just too realistic for me to like, plus they're plastic and I love to cuddle up to things. I own 3 Cabbage Patch Kids -which isn't that much, but I've made a few myself and given them to younger siblings. I'd love to learn to make dolls, while searching through Waldorf dolls and 'dinky baby' cloth dolls (both I am very interested in learning to make) on etsy I came across these 'Bebes' - which are ADORABLE. My boyfriend bought me one for our anniversary (wearing a duck hat, because for a whole year by baby sister could only say "quack quack") and I love it. I also bought one that was cheaper for my younger sister. My friend thinks my bebe doll looks like he has mumps, but I love him. Plus the shop owner is really kind. There are a few other cloth dolls on etsy that I like, but most are super expensive. I'd love to learn how to make them though and possibly sell them. I like those BJD style dolls, they're quite pretty but they're super expensive, even the clothes are waaaay overpriced. Maybe if I had a lot more money, It would be kinda cool to have an elf one above a bookshelf or something. I have a bookshelf full of plushies, from various comic-cons so I guess it would look quite interesting.

My Nana (my Mum's Mum) collects porcelain dolls. She use to just have a few, but now she literally can't get into some rooms of her house she has that many. She has a three bedroom house, my Mums old room and my Uncles old room both are PACKED with dolls. She hasn't been able to enter those rooms in about 8 years. She has to move her dolls about just to get enough room for more than one person to sit on her sofa. There's literally nothing put a path from one room to the other. Everywhere else is full of dolls. oh and she has this amazing dolls house I use to love as a kid. I wasn't allowed to touch it until I was about 12 or so (and any time I've visited since, it's been covered in dolls and unreachable) but it's so pretty. I'd love to have one. My Dad bought my little sister this amazing doll house he had made, but my Step-Dad was 'cleaning the house' and put it in his parents garage for some reason and it grew moldy.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:18 AM
Omg those bebes are so cute!!

I have a few build-a-bears, a bear one my auntie got me, and called her Daisy or something like that but I always call her Clara, and I have another bear one called L-Kun (named after a bear type character from an old PS1 RPG that I loved) and my partner got him for me on one of our anniversaries. I had a white long haired cat one, but I can't remember her name, I think it was Annabelle or Anastasia, but I'm not sure. I also had another boy one, but I can't remember anything about him, but he MIGHT have been a black and white cat. Unfortunately they were all put in the attic when I moved out, because I didn't have room in my new flat so I left them with my nan until my partner and I got a bigger place.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
Omg those bebes are so cute!!

I've been waiting for the one for my sister to arrive in the post for weeeeks now. I'm getting worried that one of the people in the flat across from mine (which share the same street door / parcel area) threw it out. They have a bad habit of that, I once got shouted at by whatever-company-I'm-with for not paying my water bill because the new occupants presumed it was just junk mail from the old occupants (even though it said my flat number on it!!).

I worry my sister's growing out of dolls, lately she likes cats because they took in a stray back in January. My youngest sister has never liked dolls (she loves dinosaurs, ducks and Buses/trucks/trains instead) so I was hoping to cling to the 'yay lets play dollies!' stage with my 6 year old sister for as long as possible. Ah well, hopefully in the future I'll have a daughter who likes dolls. Me and my Mum bonded over dolls when I was little, because my older sister hated them - she loved spiders (and now owns 9 different types and a snake).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:17 PM
Here is Shirley wearing her new clothes and shoes. Her face is still totally fucked up but I kind of like her hair.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:40 PM
Aww, a doll thread! I collect dolls too, namely BJDs, and really only those, american girls in the past, lots of plushies and model horses. This is such a cool thread, cause I really don't know much outside of BJDs.

I'm sad your shirely isn't getting unstained though, simbalena, i fixed up a few of my dolls from when i was little, but they were quite so stained. I'm in the process of trying to fix a hopscotch hill doll from american girl as well, but there's not much info on them.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:24 PM
I've always wanted to collect BJDs, but for now, I just have a lot of American Girl dolls from when I was younger.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Inventor
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM
@simbalena: OMG!! Her dress is so nice, and I love her shoes! And agreed her hair looks pretty funky (the awesome 70's music kind, not the 90's "that's gross" kind)

I'd never heard of american girl dolls until a few years ago when I got really interested in barbie face sculpts (long story, didn't go anywhere, but it's how I found Obitsu). Probably because I'm not from america lol. We have this thing now though, called "our generation" in toy shops here, and it looks like a bad american girl rip off. At first I thought it might just be american girl but re-branded for non-american audience but a closer look make me think lower quality, but that's just me.

I'd like to say I would have liked an american girl doll as a kid if I knew they existed but I don't think I would have been interested as a kid. I was more into barbies and other 1/6 scale type action figures.
Once my partner and I find a place where we know we'll be staying (so, quite a few years from now) then I'd like to start collecting american girl dolls if I have room.

I'd also love a BJD one day, but they're just so expensive.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 12:42 AM
I should mention that I collect Monster High dolls, but for about 18 months, I stopped. I plan on buying with my paycheck and Christmas money the major dolls.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 9:58 PM
I don't have any dolls, but I would like to see more pictures of the ones you guys have.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#37 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 10:55 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 8th Aug 2015 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I figured it's better for me to bump than to create a new thread...

Funny thing is, I've moved on to American Girl after watching EA crap out more and more mind-numbing yawng adult party high life stuff.

The American Girl dolls, with their bright expressions, make me want to give them hugs. The TS4 Sims, with their forced smiles, tryhard smirks, and "funny" grimaces, make me want to smack them.

I will also say I have spent more with Mattel than I have with EA.

Our Generation is a lower-quality product. They're sold at Target here in the US, and the hair is rooted, not wigged.

One of my daughters had Molly and the other had Felicity. I loved how American Girl has the Doll Hospital. Both Molly and Felicity were patients there after the sheltie got a hold of them. When they came back, they were wearing a hospital gown and bracelet.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 12:45 AM
Did the rooting process for 5 dolls. Of course, threading yarn through vinyl isn't that hard. What really makes it difficult is when any finger is injured. Recently, I gave myself a second-degree burn blister on my left ring finger during set building of a mall-based show with dolls.

So if ya wanna "put a ring on it", good luck attempting to not bust that blister.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 1:20 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 8th Aug 2015 at 1:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
My Instagram is TheSnowflakeNetwork. Mostly doll stuff, though there is also some musical gear related stuff.

I have never been to that site, so first I'll have to see about learning how to navigate it. I'm sure they must have some search bar, but I'll figure it out.

(Edit: I found it! I think I'm going to have to switch to my computer though. My iPad is being kinda slow about loading all the pictures.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Theorist
#40 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:02 AM
I'm not a doll person, I only and still have some stuffed animals left from my youth, my favorites from back then.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Page 2 of 2