Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:20 AM Last edited by SimyourLife : 6th Oct 2014 at 11:42 PM.
Default Resolved: Safest way to move Playables to new empty neighborhood template?
(I have never journeyed on SimPE and do not intend to, due to current time constraints.)

FELLOW SIMLINS,
I am seeking an experienced gamer to tell me if my plan is okay or if not, the alternative (if there is one, to avoid game corruption):
-Doing a fresh install tomorrow.
*Will backup all installation files before proceeding.

*Want to install Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded, upon other corresponding helpfuls (thanks for bringing this to my attention, marka93.)

*Want to use templates for a megahood (Clean Strangetown from Tarlia & Empty Veronaville from MATY for actual gameplay, but...)
*Want to choose clean template for Pleasantview from Tarlia to transfer Playables from Pleasantview to empty Veronaville (Move all sims I want into one household, then into the Family Bin [Lothario, Caliente, & Mortimer & Cassandra Goth after killing poor Alexander, with ALL town urns in the inventory of one sim, unless it is safe to manually delete the urns with Pescado's No Unlink on Delete...? Do I even need to keep or delete the urns if it's safe to delete Pleasantview in the end, which is my plan?)

*When loading neighborhoods for the first time, I won't be adding any extras (i.e. subhoods, vacation destinations, etc.)

1. Will it work at all, as far as my proposed playables ending up in the Family Bin in Veronaville?
2. Should I wait to delete Pleasantview before moving my Pleasantview Playables to Veronaville?
3. Will this corrupt my dear 'ol game? :'(

Sorry to be a bug. If I had more time, I could research to get (more than likely), a valid answer myself- getting in gameplay time will be difficult enough.

Much appreciatory,
SYL
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:44 AM
Unfortunately, it will not work. If you're using premades in the normal game, they have to stay in the exact town they're in. Otherwise you'll have a corrupted game from the start.
However: All is not lost! you can install the empty templates, and download entire families (the premades) from another site, and use them as the stock characters. Here's the link for all the premade families that are clean and ready to use in any hood:
http://maxis-taste.livejournal.com/12428.html#cutid2
You can use any neighborhood you want for them, and it will work. Be sure to follow all the steps required in setting up an empty template.

Hope this helps.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:32 PM
Your plan is to create a megahood and include Pleasantview as what? Downtown, shopping district? Then put all the playable families into one family, put them in the sim bin and delete the original Pleasantview. This is all within the same neighbourhood, yes?

Comments:
1. it should be ok as long as you don't put them into the house/lot bin in their lots - that is you should move the families out to the sim bin.
2. I shouldn't bother putting them together in one family. You can move families out into the sim bin and move them between sub-neighbourhoods of a single neighbourhood just fine.
3. Make sure you get ALL the urns/gravestones and don't delete them

Not sure at what point you can delete the Pleasantview - I would have thought straightaway once the families are moved out - but there might be some issue I'm not aware of. You should be wary though of deleting anything save shopping districts so I'd add your cleaned Pleasantview as that if you can.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 6:03 PM
There is also the option of using Mootilda's Hood replacement mod that will copy Veronaville into any other map you have-found here:http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=279992

That way, you don't have to move anyone in or out of any neighborhood.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That way, you don't have to move anyone in or out of any neighborhood.

You mean everyone gets dumped into the Sim Bin when you delete the neighbourhood? True but you would still need to get the urns first and make sure they're moved out too. Personally speaking, I would be wary of letting the game do multiple tasks at the same time. I'd move manually rather than let the game do it while also deleting a sub-neighbourhood map. Probably nothing to worry about but the game can be very unbright.

OTOH, Moo's neighbourhood terrain tool is great isn't it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 1:52 AM
For information on corruption in the game, you can see the "Avoiding corruption" link in my signature, which covers quite a bit on what you shouldn't do in your game.