Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
Default No Homework for Certain Households?
As you guys may have seen,I've had a problem with double memories. I ran the mod conflictor and it said that I didn't have any conflicting hacks/mods/CC, but to be safe, I removed some of the more recent thing, and so far, everything is back to normal.

What I did notice though, in two (of four) new households (Ball and Middleton) was that the children aren't bringing home any homework, yet their grades are improving. Both of these families include sims that I killed with Rodney's Death Creator (ala boolprop) leaving the Ball children living with their grandparents, and Katrina Middleton as an orphaned teen. With Katrina, she gets on the bus as normal, and it comes home as normal, yet there's no homework. In the Ball family, the granddaughter gets off the bus, checks her homework, and than the buss disappears leaving the grandson to spawn by the garbage can; neither of them bring home any homework. I than went and tested the other households with school-aged children to see if they bring home any homework.

So far, from my findings, these two households are the only culprits of this no-homework bug. What can be the cause of this? Are these households glitched in anyway?

*Sidenote: I have been very cautious with not committing any of the VBT, and made sure to not do any of them to avoid overall corruption.

Edit: Tested the remaining households as well as tree households in a completely different neighbord, and it's only these two families.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:35 AM
The first step is to see if it's CC causing it, which seems likely to me. Back up your game, remove your custom content, and see if it still happens. If it does, then you'll have to troubleshoot further. If it doesn't, you know something in your CC is causing problems, and it's time for 50/50.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McGuire406
What I did notice though, in two (of four) new households (Ball and Middleton) was that the children aren't bringing home any homework, yet their grades are improving.

That's because the game doesn't actually check to see if homework is completed. When a child returns home from school, the game checks the lot for any unfinished homework assignments and then lowers the school grade if it finds any.

*I know it doesn't resolve the issue, but just wanted to point out that this is intended behavior and is not part of the bug*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:23 AM
I had/have a similar thing in my neighborhood. In a couple houses, the kids come home from school, "jump," and then lose their homework. Their grades go up like they've done their homework, though. It started in a family that had two orphan children. Even when the oldest aged up to teen, they still "jumped" and lost their homework. No kids, even kids who later moved into the house, could do homework. However, when the younger boy (one of the original orphans) moved out, the problem was fixed and the kids in the family got homework again. It is also happening in a family where a teen girl moved in with her grandparents. (Actually, to have her move in, she moved there with her mom, and then her mom moved back home.) I sort of think my other teen-child-only family has the same problem, but I haven't played them for a while, so I can't remember for sure.

It seems to have something to do with houses with no parents. And I've assumed the conflict involves Inteen, just because I know Inteen can conflict with a lot, lol. But since it doesn't seem like that serious of a glitch, I haven't worried about it too much.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:48 AM
The "jumping" and losing homework if a child doesn't have parents is a known bug with a fix here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0 It has nothing to do with inteen, I had it before I put in the fix and I don't have Inteen.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:53 AM
Cool! Thanks for the link! I'm glad to know it's a game problem, not a problem with any of my downloads.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:21 AM
I also had this same sort of thing happen years ago, before I even had any custom content installed. (Specifically, kid gets off the bus, bus just disappears, any siblings and 'friends brought home' just appear, no homework for anybody.)

It's good to know this is a bug and not an absolute sign of game corruption (which most of my neighborhoods have in addition to what was shipped due to my own stupidity, probably mentioned that on this site way too much). I also had no idea grades had to do with unfinished homework!

To be honest, if the homework doesn't spawn I just give the kids a break. Don't we all wish we had that in school?!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:40 PM
I have had a few instances where homework disappears, and now that I think of it, it has indeed happened in non-conventional households. In most, I've moved in children or teens using the Blender. (Not adopted ... moved in.)

And now that I think of it, since the game doesn't recognize the two adults as the youngsters' parents (as well it shouldn't), that might be related to the nature of the glitch here. Finally. Some light on the subject!

I've had other cases where the homework simply gets lost. I read somewhere that it does still exist, but it may be hidden somewhere. I thought I read that certain rugs or shrubs can hide the assignment well. The batbox actually takes care of many lost homework assignments. I then cheat the kids up.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The "jumping" and losing homework if a child doesn't have parents is a known bug with a fix here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0 It has nothing to do with inteen, I had it before I put in the fix and I don't have Inteen.
That sounds like a fix that everyone should get. Do you agree?

I 've never had this problem myself, although I have a lot of teens who live independently. If they go to school, they generally get homework. (They don't get it every day because I have Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun hack.)

Having said that, I wish my parents had moved into a house where you couldn't get homework, but still got the grades, when I was a teen. I think my teenage years were ruined by hours of homework every night. That's the main reason I have Jenflower's mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 5:56 PM
Well, it's good to know that it's happened to people with and without CC installed. I just thought it was the strangest thing, and I never noticed this bug in my years of playing. Then again, I don't remember the last time I actually had orphaned kids. Thanks, guys!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That sounds like a fix that everyone should get. Do you agree?

I 've never had this problem myself, although I have a lot of teens who live independently. If they go to school, they generally get homework. (They don't get it every day because I have Jenflower's Homework Sometimes Faster Fun hack.)

I do agree it is a fix that everyone should get.

One thing I've noticed is that the bug only seems to affect certain orphaned kids in my game. The bug drove me nuts when I was playing the Capp Manor because Tybalt, Juliette and Hermia "jumped" and lost their homework every day before I got the fix, but for some reason I never got it playing the Monty Ranch. Even though Mercutio and Romeo are orphans living with their grandparents like the Capp teens, they keep their homework when they get off the bus and can do it every day without the fix.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:50 PM
My pregnant teens jump and loose their homework. But they get it successfully once they give birth, so I don't worry about whatever's conflicting. They need the break.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:26 PM
I first got it on a lot where the dad moved out and left his alien teenage daughter with the grandparents. She would get homework, run to the orchid and do the jump and disappearing homework trick. I think she wanted to show off her A to her dad and the game could not find him and so the jump bug. Moving her in with her dad fixed that, but since then it's made my game extra sensitive to it. I had that bug very badly at a home where I made the CAS mother a townie and not only did the teen get no homework but she brought the kids home with her at 1pm and their grades shot down which could have gotten ugly with the social worker. I tested it by summoning the mum and moving her in and everything worked as it should; townified her again and once more got a pile of kids at 1pm. After putting on that mod everything went back to normal.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
Well, thank you, Orilon, for showing us that at least in some cases, this is a fixable matter. I'll probably test with the fix installed later (not by my game now). Though now, my Sim kids will have to earn those grades. No easy cheats this time!

Strangely, I noticed it the other day in a household that didn't have the problem previously. The two teens were, again, moved in (and not adopted), were able to bring home assignments when an adopted teen was still living there (moved to Uni), and while there is a child on the lot related to the adult, she just turned into a child. Previously, if there was a related Sim on the lot, the unrelated teens were able to bring their homework home. Since the child just changed, I haven't the opportunity to see if the two teens currently in the household can bring home assignments again. I'll see if they can later.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.