Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
What? You always are just out of reach, Mistermook. Someone that, to ME, is just an enigma.

"Nothing to see here, move along..."

/mind trick
Advertisement
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#27 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:23 PM
When I was around 10 or 11 I almost drowned in the sea. I was playing with the waves when one big one hit me and dragged me to the bottom of the sea, I tried to dive back to the top but more waves were hitting me and dragging me so I couldn't take air. After 20 or 30 very long seconds my mother managed to drag me outside.

Also when I was around 4 or 5 I chocked with a turtle shaped gummy candy. My father turned me upside down and I spit it.

After these two experiences I have again eaten very large candies and played with really big waves

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Inventor
#28 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:53 PM
I used to hate going to school. Not the normal "it's annoying, i just want to sleep, the classes are boring" hate, but "outright refusing to go, and when i did get dressed and head to school, not turning up there at all" hate. The only time I ever got hit by my nan was when I'd refuse to go to school. And honestly it was more like a beating than just a hit, but I hated school so much I was willing to take it.

One particular day, I was about 12, my nan decided she'd had enough and threatened to send me to social services, because they wouldn't let me get away with not going to school. And I was like "Fine. Do it." and I was serious.
My nan made me pack my stuff, and while I was doing it, my sister (younger than me) came in crying and was begging me to stay, but I told her I'll be ok, but I don't want to go to school anymore and this is the only way.
Nan kept saying they wouldn't let me stay off school but I was like "if you can't get me to school, how are they going to? And they can't even hit me!". She had no other real reply other than "don't be stupid".

She took me to this building, that I'd been to before, and I knew it was where my nan came when she had to pay bills or talk to someone about our council house, so it made sense to me that this is where you'd take someone to "give them to social services"
We stopped outside and she said "wait here, someone will come for you" and she went off. I waited outside, on my own, with a suitcase full of my things for over half an hour. Remember, I was 12. Anything could have happened to me!
I got really impatient and grabbed my suitcase and went up to the desk and said something along the lines of "excuse me, my nan left me here for social services, how long will it be" and she looked so puzzled and she asked me who i was, who my nan was, my address and my phone number (luckily I'd just learnt the house phone number) and she called my house, and my nan answered and the woman very politely told her off and had her come pick me up.

My nan was so angry at me. How dare I go inside and get her in trouble. How the fuck was I supposed to know she was just trying to SCARE me. Didn't fucking work. I was looking forward to getting away.
The real social services were called to the house but they put it off as my nan being frustrated and she promised she wouldn't do it again.

After they left, she was shouting at me and when I started shouting back she went to attack me. I was sat on the sofa, and she punched me so I kicked her as hard as I could in the stomach to push her away from me and she fell back, and started crying. I told her she had better not hit me ever again or I'd hit her right back. That was the first time I'd hit her. And the last time she ever hit me.

I don't know what kind of damage that did to me, but I'll tell you this - Even though my nan has looked after my nephew and has never laid a hand on him, or even really shouted at him, I still shudder at the thought of ever letting her babysit when I have kids. I just don't trust her that way. I don't think she'd do anything, but the back of my mind screams whenever the subject is brought up (with a pregnant sister, the subject of future kids and babysitting is brought up a lot.)
Theorist
#29 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:30 PM
I was always scared of boomerangs as a kid, because they are supposed to come back to you. I always thought if I threw one, it would come back and hit me in the head. Being hit in the head by something made of wood traveling at high velocity didn't sound appealing. Well, even being hit in the head by a plastic one didn't seem appealing. When I was a kid, I remember there was this plasticky or rubber boomerang-like thing that was super popular. I think it was red & black, anyone remember what it was called? All the kids had to have one, but I had no interest in that thing.

My whole childhood, I was always worried about stuff hitting me in the head. Volleyballs, softballs, kickballs, you name it, anytime one of those came towards me, I would freak out, panic, and shield my head with my arms.

Needless to say, in a schoolyard pick, I was always the last one. I was a fun kid.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 5th May 2015 at 4:56 PM
I remember these smiley faced fuckers when I was a kid. I bought a bunch of them from the shops on my way home from Primary school and I choked. I remember being terrified and my Mum kept slapping me hard on the back until eventually it shot out of my mouth and onto the floor. I was literally terrified of them for a bit after that. Haven't eaten one since and whenever I eat sweets similar to that and there's no-one around, I eat as carefully as possible for fear of choking and dying.

I also remember I got some beer flavoured cola bottles from the same shop in my pick-n-mix, when I got home I was so scared my Mum would tell me off for drinking that I hid them in this little white cabinet next to the bathroom door (which we referred to as 'the white box') for months before my Mum was cleaning out the cabinet while I was in the bath (I was quite young so I was old enough to take a bath by myself, but young enough that my Mum was still close by to make sure I don't do anything stupid), and she's just talking to me and goes "oh Cassie, there's some sweets in here" and I was like anticipating her shouting at me, and then she says "ew but look they're beer flavoured, they're probably gross" and just threw them in the bin. Probably the reason I've never bought alcohol home... or even came home drunk for that matter... and also probably why I only ever really really really really rarely drink.

Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
My whole childhood, I was always worried about stuff hitting me in the head. Volleyballs, softballs, kickballs, you name it, anytime one of those came towards me, I would freak out, panic, and shield my head with my arms.

For some reason I always got hit in the face with something during P.E. Almost every time we played football, someone would kick the ball into my face by accident, and a few times my friend would 'accidentally' hit me in the face with a racket whenever we had to play badminton and she was angry at me

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
dodgy builder
#31 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I didn't start this thread for everyone to tell their childhood traumas. I only wanted to relate the boomerang story.
But don't let me stop y'all.

I think this is about pushing your bounderies. I can totally relate to that. I have tons of bounderies, and I'm trying to tear them down one by one. You go buy yourself a boomerang and then I'm sure you can find some other boundery you need to get rid of good luck.

Now I'm off to keep an appointment I broke several hours ago, good going
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena

I love it
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I think this is about pushing your bounderies. I can totally relate to that. I have tons of bounderies, and I'm trying to tear them down one by one. You go buy yourself a boomerang and then I'm sure you can find some other boundery you need to get rid of good luck.

No, I don't think getting a boomerang in middle age is pushing a boundary.
I think many respondents to this thread need to familiarize themselves with the concept of "tongue-in-cheek" humor, as it relates to the thread header.
Unsubscribing now...
Page 2 of 2