Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:29 PM
Default Custom music recommendations for Sims 2?
I was just interested if anyone knew about custom music that would fit in Sims 2. Please reply any songs you think are cool to have in the sims 2.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:50 PM
Do you mean English, Simlish or any language?
Sorry I haven't any idea what kind of songs you would like,
maybe Fireflies by Owl city.
Matches Seasons EP
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:53 PM
Well, there are just so many different situations where different songs might fit, so I'm not sure what songs to recommend. I have a lot of custom music in my game and sometimes when I'm loading up a town, a song will just randomly come to fit the situation perfectly.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:57 PM
Music is so individual...However, it's surprising how well smustle moves go to "Wild Thing" (the Trogs) and "Girls, Girls, Girls" (Ricky Martin), hula to "I'm the Only One" (Melissa Etheridge), and slapdance to "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man" (Chuck Berry).

One fun thing: if there's a station you don't play often because you don't care for the genre of music, see if you can find covers of songs that were originally in that genre in other genres, or covers of songs you like by genre artists. For instance, Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nailz's "Hurt" could go equally well under "country" or "rock." I am not a big country fan, but the discovery of the "Picking On" line of bluegrass tribute albums solved that - Melissa Etheridge, in bluegrass, is still Melissa!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 12:36 AM
"Wild thing, you make my heart sing
You make everything groovy"

Sorry - I'll get my coat.

<imma gonna try that with the smustle>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 12:40 AM
Peni, as a Zumba Instructor I have access to certain tracks that aren't widely available... and I've shoved some of my favourites into my game....

Seeing sims dancing (badly) to "Taki Country" (youtube link to the track in question) was, in my eyes, hysterically funny... especially when they were actually in time with it!
I actually have a wide range in taste, but I don't want to listen to everything every time, so I've placed tracks in their respective "stations" using their genre as a rough guide... it means I can now use those single station speakers in community lots and actually enjoy what I'm listening to!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Peni, as a Zumba Instructor I have access to certain tracks that aren't widely available... and I've shoved some of my favourites into my game....

Seeing sims dancing (badly) to "Taki Country" (youtube link to the track in question) was, in my eyes, hysterically funny... especially when they were actually in time with it!
I actually have a wide range in taste, but I don't want to listen to everything every time, so I've placed tracks in their respective "stations" using their genre as a rough guide... it means I can now use those single station speakers in community lots and actually enjoy what I'm listening to!

@>> Selly>> I just love watching your ( You Tube ) you all in your dance class during the "Zumba" really nice movement, and a good work out for the whole body. I can bet it is so funny watching the Sims dance to that tune, thanks for sharing. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 3:42 AM
I just put in a lot of nostalgic songs, personally. It's great for any occasion and I don't get tired of hearing them

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:30 AM
Mark Mothersbaugh wrote the main Sims 2 theme and a lot of the build/buy/CAS music, so you could put in music by his band Devo.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:13 AM Last edited by HarVee : 27th Apr 2015 at 3:41 AM.
A few songs from that I have that seem to fit well.

Cypher - Sentient [Techno]
Romolo Di Prisco - Cykloid [Techno]
Porsche Unleashed [PS1] Track 14 [Surf]
Guifrog - TS3 Musicolors ReMix [Housemix/Nhood]
Dr. Velvet - SC2K SimFunkadelic ReMix [Build/Buy]

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 11:12 AM
I just mute the in game music and play my own. Taylor Swift covers the teen relationship angst storylines very well!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:46 AM
Simonut, that wasn't me in the video, our routine is totally different to that one - it was just an example of the track in question.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:51 AM
Not too sure if you're looking for actual songs, or those from other video games. I think it's awesome to have the complete soundtrack from The Sims 1 on TS2, not only for nostalgia, but also since the Simlish sort of fits into the whole "scene" of the game. Otherwise, I always found there to be a distinct lacking of good club music for nightlife lots, so downloading a huge compilation of house or electronica music might remedy that.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Do you mean English, Simlish or any language?
Sorry I haven't any idea what kind of songs you would like,
maybe Fireflies by Owl city.
Matches Seasons EP

I was listening to Fireflies yesterday while playing and got stuck on naming a custom university. Ended up naming if Firefly University. Sounds like a party school.

My game's music is on mute and I listen to my own while playing. I pause the game a lot and it gives me a headache when the music goes off an on so I've never added custom music.