Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 3:50 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 19th Aug 2016 at 11:17 AM.
Default Car teleport's to work in one area?
Hey,

I just finnished making my world and am now beta testing, basically my main issue at the moment is that when my sims goes to work in one area of the map the car just teles there. Is this bad? I have looked at the road it all seems fine.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 3:13 PM
So you finish your world, and then do betatesting? I probably made like 10 betas to my world, and had some betas where others tested for me. Is it big this world of yours?

Have you found this place yet? http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612

If it's teleporting from one specific point, I would probably check the routing there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
So you finish your world, and then do betatesting? I probably made like 10 betas to my world, and had some betas where others tested for me. Is it big this world of yours?

Have you found this place yet? http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=612

If it's teleporting from one specific point, I would probably check the routing there.
I fixed the routing there and it still does it, only when she has to go to work otherwise she can visit the lot fine. It's a medium world and I have done more than one beta...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 5:47 PM
I think you'd have to share a beta version of your world for others to test to get a true answer to this problem. One thing that might help though is that I've seen cars/sims teleport to a location if the journey is taking too long. So, if the commute is going to take more than about a sim hour, the car might leap to work to prevent the sim from being late.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:05 PM
I see this a lot in Isla Paradiso when I try to send a Sim from one end of one island to the opposite end of the other island, so it may very well be the distance as simsample suggested.
It's as if the game says: "Oh no, that route is too long and difficult to calculate for me within an acceptable time. You know what? I'll just teleport you there - as a complimentary service, free of charge. How cool is that, eh?"
Carpool teleportation also seems to happen when there is another lot between the starting lot and the carpool car, like when your Sim starts on a houseboat and would have to cross the port lot in order to reach the carpool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 2:59 PM
Thanks for replying guys yeah I think irs because it will take her to long and she'll be late so it teles there, it is on the opposite side of the island to XD I don't mind really as long as its not a bad issue lol
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:22 PM
Well, the only way to know for sure whether it is a bad issue or not is to open a thread in Creator Feedback, make your world available for download and let others test it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Well, the only way to know for sure whether it is a bad issue or not is to open a thread in Creator Feedback, make your world available for download and let others test it.
Well I made this world for me. It's for my Equus sims so I won't be releasing it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:49 AM
Also do you have to rout near the edge of the world so it stops your sim from swimming round the entire map? Or do I use camera non-routable for that?