Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 4th Aug 2018 at 11:38 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible Child; Toddler Portrait
Very odd thing happened in my sims game, and I've never seen it before. I have twin child sims, both of alien descent. When they aged up from toddler to child, everything was normal. Then I saved the game, and when going back to play mode, the sims were invisible and used the portrait of their toddler lifestate. I fixed the problem using the batbox, I was just wondering... What in the world might this have been?

EDIT: I just had a somewhat similar issue with the grandma's portrait - it only showed a shadow. When clicking on things, she's invisible, too.

EDIT #2: I tried to change grandma's appearance, and my neighborhood blew up. I can't even get to any of the files in SimPE

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 9:26 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 9th Aug 2018 at 10:10 PM.
changing appearance through mirror/hack can at times fix any character's thumbnail/portrait.
not entirely sure what causes thumbnails/portraits to go blank.

edit::
the grandma; if the character file is set to "Read-Only", problem might relate to that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:09 AM
This sounds a bit like problems some other players have with overzealous antiviruses locking down the game folder. What's your antivirus?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:43 AM
It wasn't read-only, I never put any of those files that way. And I did try to change her appearance using the mirror, that crashed my game and turned the hood inaccessible.

I use Malwarebytes now, since Windows defender has failed me.

I think this may have been due to a mod conflict. I rushed installing InTeen, and had "RiskyGoOut," "RiskySneakOut," and "RiskyGoAndSneakOut" all in the game, even though it's clearly said not to run them together

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:24 PM
some chance of the problem relating to graphics. if game's; some can be changed through "Graphics Settings" in game's options panel.

if the file/files were read-only, not always due to the user.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 2:36 AM
They weren't, and my graphics were fine.