Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 68
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:16 AM
I have no major mods, only no-intro and an extension on the skin panel. Will this override them or the LN sliders?
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 1:29 PM
Well I was so glad about this mod first, but meanwhile I got some problems with this mod. Everytime my sim gets a tatoo on a non-default place, my sim AND the tattoo-artist get invisible. And they're not stuck "down under" (so I could fix it with DebugEnabler), they really get invisible, just the plumbob of my sim is still to see...I had to start a new game, I couldn't do anything. Do you have any suggestions? And no, I don't work with any other CoreMod....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 1:59 PM
@tarasomers: This will not conflict with No Intro. The "SkintonePanel" packages WILL conflict with any other skin panel extension. There's no conflict with the LN sliders.

@Simfan2000: I haven't seen this problem in the final version. Is it only with the tattoo-artist? Could you post which of my mods and which other mods you have installed? Did you install the NRaas Master Controller and did you add the tattoo extension for it?

During testing I did see sims disappear in CAS because of an outfit problem but they reappeared when I changed them to another outfit. Have you tried that?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Simfan2000 : 21st Feb 2011 at 6:34 PM.
Well, my english is not soooo good, but I will try to explain, what happenes: When the tattoo-session finished, the tattoo-artist dissapeared and my sim had a VERY ugly looking hairstyle (like it corrupted with the tattoo maybe). So I went to a mirror and wanted to change the hairstyle and AFTER THAT my sim got invisible too. I didn't recognize any other sim on the lot, so I don't know if anyone else disappeared. I will check it next time.

I also tried the MC-Version instead, but there I couldn't get the tatoos where I wanted, because every location (breast, leg, arm...) had only the "leg" sub-locations O_O. For example even for "back" tattoos I could only choose "ankle...." and so on.

I got many CCs, but 99 % are clothes, hairstyles etc. Game-play mods are:

Treeag - Put away all books
Treeag - Store in fridge
Faster showering, toilet, toothbrushing
Debug Enabler
Overwatch
Jonha-Sliders Butt, Waist, Hip
NoMosaic
Crewstore breastfix for t-shirts

Is there any of them conflicting with your mod?

Edit:

Finally I think I got it. I removed all of these mods and tested yours alone. No problems. Now I re-added them one by one and finally Jonhas Sliders seem to make trouble. I will test some more tattoo-places but it seems, the problem's got solved
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 4:23 PM
Hi CmarNYC, can you help, I just downloaded your mod. But it dose not work, when placed in my doc's folder, nothing shows up in the game. But when the mods folder is moved back to programe files, the game crashes just after the introw movie. Please help?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 10:03 PM
@Simfan2000: Glad you found the problem, but as far as I know the only way Jonha's sliders would conflict with this is if you had a mod to increase the number of sliders limit, not the actual sliders.

@crashdodgers: Please read the help for installing custom content - you probably don't have your game set up properly for CC in your documents folder. The crashing after the intro probably means you don't have d3dx9_31.dll installed in your game, which you would need for core mods in the Program Files location.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 6:52 PM
great thank you
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 1:16 AM
I've been wanting to edit the nude outfit for a long time. Are there any non-core mods that can do this?

Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Most of the Master Controller functions are already in the Awesomemod. MC is almost useless for AM users.

As far as I can tell, they're very different mods. AM is all about fixing annoyances and personalizing the game mechanics, whereas MC's purpose is to allow you to tweak your sims in ways that Pescado's mods would never let you.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fiberglassdolphin
I've been wanting to edit the nude outfit for a long time. Are there any non-core mods that can do this?

MasterController.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
MasterController.

This thing is made of awesomeness seriously..

Also a suggestion which i forgot to mention Cmar, add a "Slider Hack" into the descriptiontext and also the tags, so people instantly see that you offer this useful extra and also find it in the rather limited searchfunction. I for instance don't need tattoo placement, but i like the mod, because you offer a sliderhack in it.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipslop
Also a suggestion which i forgot to mention Cmar, add a "Slider Hack" into the descriptiontext and also the tags, so people instantly see that you offer this useful extra and also find it in the rather limited searchfunction. I for instance don't need tattoo placement, but i like the mod, because you offer a sliderhack in it.

Good idea - done. Thanks!
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
There is no overlap at all between Overwatch and this mod, so yes they will work together no problem.

Sweet! Thanks!
Banned
THANKS POST
#63 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 6:24 PM
What is a core mod?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnabelCrazy
What is a core mod?

Core mods replace some or all of the actual code of the game - the programs that run Sims 3.
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 10:40 PM
i tried to install it but it didn't work i have all sims 3 expantions except outdoor living, help please
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 12:25 AM
the cmar_XCAS_Core.package crashes the game
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duckmanrox
the cmar_XCAS_Core.package crashes the game

Please read the troubleshooting section in the description.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
Totally brilliant--I'm dying to try this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 6:18 AM Last edited by abcde7945 : 4th Mar 2011 at 6:21 AM. Reason: :llama:
Brilliant work! Wait, no, you stole my word !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#70 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 8:06 AM
Does the core version of this mod work with Twallan's errortrap mod? They are both core mods, I don't have Master Controller installed in my game, (still reading on the functions and if it's suited to my particular gaming style), but I love his errortrap mod and your mod for adding more tattoo's. Do I need to pick one?
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Does the core version of this mod work with Twallan's errortrap mod?

The two Core-Mods override different core files, so they are compatible, and can be installed at the same time.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:45 AM
ah thank you CmarNYC for this, I didn't this was exist before , I'm going to try the core mod too, since today I got awesome mod expired on me as well.
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 8:55 AM
I love you CMAR, TWALLAN!!!! :weeps: sorry...... a little emotional its two in the morning and i found out a few hours ago that extended game core wasn't being updated anymore and i had already updated my patch to 6.2. :weeps more:
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 3:27 PM
How do i get my sim nude? I can just change the "Clothers" i CAS bu i can't put it on. Help.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ekmannen
How do i get my sim nude? I can just change the "Clothers" i CAS bu i can't put it on. Help.

I use MasterController's Change Outfit function which lets you change into nude. And there's at least one 'nudist' mod over at SexySims2 - I don't use that so I don't know exactly how it works.
Page 3 of 68