Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animation Player

by cmomoney Posted 3rd May 2011 at 9:12 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM by cmomoney

489 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 272 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 20
Test Subject
#76 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:19 AM
Hi guys, I tried to play animations from expansion packs (ambitions/late night) but, even if I've got those EPs installed, the mod doesn't play like it doesn't find the animation.

For me it only plays the base game animations.
Could you help me please?
Test Subject
#77 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:15 AM Last edited by hixon : 19th May 2011 at 7:00 PM.
is there any kinda faster way to play the animations without having to type the whole thing in like that?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 20th May 2011 at 6:10 AM
weird, when your pose player came out, everyone sprung on making custom poses, but i have not seen any custom animations.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 21st May 2011 at 12:04 PM
CMO:

Have you considered redoing some of the interactions as immediate interactions?
All but the play and play looped could be done that way. My sims have lives to
live, and can't hang out all day waiting for me to remember animation names.
Please and thank you. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#80 Old 24th May 2011 at 6:57 PM
Thanks, I'll try it and see the miracle it can make in my sims movies!!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 31st May 2011 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Linnypig
YAY!

woot!!
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:00 PM
I'm sad that generations broke it
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:26 AM
I'm sad that generations broke it

It works in Generations.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
It works in Generations.

Oh? But my animation player stopped working after I installed it
None of my Sims would perform any of EA's animations
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:52 AM
i cant get it to work i downloaded it it appars in the game but i cant click it
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#86 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:21 AM
But my animation player stopped working after I installed it
None of my Sims would perform any of EA's animations

If it's one you saved with a game, you may have to buy another one. But it does work with Generations, of that I'm sure.

Quote: Originally posted by leo26
i cant get it to work i downloaded it it appars in the game but i cant click it
Please read the overview

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#87 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:18 PM
If it's one you saved with a game, you may have to buy another one. But it does work with Generations, of that I'm sure.

Hmm no I started a fresh game... Oh well, thanks anyway! I uninstalled everything today since my LN should arrive tomorrow, I'll try again after that!

Oh! Does it work with children too? I never tried that...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#88 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:45 PM
Oh! Does it work with children too? I never tried that...

Yes, but you have to use the animations prefixed with 'c'. Unless you want the child to look like this:

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:35 PM
Ah thank you!
I also discovered what the issue was. For some reason, it will only play the base game animations for me, and none from my EPs.

I have no idea why it's doing that...
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:06 AM
Same for me, only the base game animations... Is it possible to make the others animations work when you've got the EP installed?
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:38 PM
I have the generation EP, whenever i enter in a animation in the 'Clip A Name' box (for example "a2o_trap_invis_reaction2fire_x" ) the box keeps popping back up blank and won't enter/animate!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xLiipGloss
I have the generation EP, whenever i enter in a animation in the 'Clip A Name' box (for example "a2o_trap_invis_reaction2fire_x" ) the box keeps popping back up blank and won't enter/animate!

The box pops up again to allow you to add more animations to the list. You have to click the player and click "Play" for it to play.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 11:05 AM
Thanks you are awesome!! <3
Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 11:42 PM
its pretty good, but the list is complicated.
Can You Sort them in A - Z?

Thanks.
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:11 PM
Hey thanks a lot for this amazing tool, but i have a problem. The playet wont play anything from the other expansions, only the basegame. What can I do to fix this issue ?
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:44 AM
traelia: uh...yes?

morphead: yes, basically

ReMs: No limit, it plays animations to the end.

bootz: those questions were answered in the description.

I downloaded this into my mods/packages folder and it shows up in my inventory and seems to work exactly how you said it should, except whenever i try to add EA animation codes (ex. a_vampires_sleep_idle_bed) and it doesn't do anything. Do you know whats wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:01 AM
Heya! Is there still no Animation List for The Sims 3 Generations? Please do do it now. I need it. Thanks! Nice Mod by the way.
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by green95
Um i haven't downloaded yet ( i will on other computer) but...so... how exactly does this work. you like record a animation, then set it to the action thingy?!?!?

I think on the main page it said it plays EA animations, and works similar to pose player, hope this sorta helped

Oh and cmoney!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 8:01 AM
Isn't there an easier way to get them to do the animation? Without having to read all those long lists and remembering the codes? Like the pose-player where you just pick a pose? All I really wanna do, is to make my movie making a bit easier. All though I think this is an amazing invention, something easy for a technophobe like me would be great! Hope i'm not sounding too ungrateful.
Page 4 of 20