Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cigarette/Smoking Mod

by cmomoney Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 8:20 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:13 PM by cmomoney

1462 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 695 Feedback Posts, 766 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 59
Test Subject
#101 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
Try deleting the scriptcache.package in Documents\Electronics\The Sims 3\ then load the game and see if the moodlets appear.

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you could kindly report any problems you have with my own mods on my thread

It's a pity.....it don't work...
The animation of smoking sim is really wonderfull- but although after deleting the scriptcache package there is no mood been shown.
Do you have anny idea what i can do??
Forum Resident
#102 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rotlocke
It's a pity.....it don't work...
The animation of smoking sim is really wonderfull- but although after deleting the scriptcache package there is no mood been shown.
Do you have anny idea what i can do??

Yes. Remove ALL mods except the smoking and/or breastfeeding mod. Then delete scriptcache and launch the game to see if the moodlets appear. If they do appear, you have an out of date mod that is screwing up the load process. It's probably an out of date script mod.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Test Subject
#103 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:48 AM
Yes. Remove ALL mods except the smoking and/or breastfeeding mod. Then delete scriptcache and launch the game to see if the moodlets appear. If they do appear, you have an out of date mod that is screwing up the load process. It's probably an out of date script mod.

Thank you- I will try!!!!!
Great to get such fast and helpfull answers, dear!!!

Now I will go to do that!!!
Yours
Rotlocke
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#104 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:57 AM
Now this does the final touch on my Sim-me! Just that the cigarettes aren't Camel.. whatever.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#105 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:26 PM
Ironically, that's the only thing missing from my game at the moment, thanks CMO! LOL Love them Coffin Nails!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:01 PM
This is awesome! I hate smoking in real life, but it's ok in a virtual world :P
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#107 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:15 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:20 PM
Such a great idea! Makes the game much more realistic! Thank you!

Although, I am, too, one of those people who thinks that it would be great (and much more relaistic too, after all, this is the 21st century) if this mod was for teens as well, and if the family of the smoking teen were irritated with the sim and told him off, or something like that.
And the complicate pregnancy idea that some people suggested would be cool as well! Like, increase the chance of miscarriage for pregnant sims (including pregnant teen sims, if that would be possible- I love fooling around with the Nrass Woohooer!). Or, maybe if the sim addicted to smoking had problems with fertility because of the habit?
Just suggestions though, I hope you don't get offended by them!

So, all in all, I would love it if you did allow this mod for teens, if the mod complicated sim pregnancies/fertility, or if the people around the smoker had a irritated or annoyed moodlet. And the 'bad breath' moodlet would be cool as well- maybe it could increase the chance of being rejected for a kiss? Just giving ideas though- I hope you don't think that I'm ungrateful, because I really do love this mod! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:25 PM
I like this mod (adds realism to the game and all)
although if I could suggest, could you lower the days of "Needs A Cigarette" to about 7 or so?

Just a suggestion, because normal adult lasts about 21 days before becoming an elder. Or as I remember.
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:25 PM
After some play-testing on this mod, it appears that Sims can't sit while smoking. Would you consider adding the ability to sit while having a smoke? I also second the idea of having Teens being able to smoke. Possibly a tuning file that allows certain users to enable smoking for teens?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:32 PM
This is awesome makes the game more realistic
Forum Resident
#112 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
After some play-testing on this mod, it appears that Sims can't sit while smoking. Would you consider adding the ability to sit while having a smoke? I also second the idea of having Teens being able to smoke. Possibly a tuning file that allows certain users to enable smoking for teens?

From the download post, under "Other stuff":

Quote:
-Sims will only smoke while standing.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:37 PM
This is brilliant ! So well-done

I'd like very much to have some ideas from the comments be added to your mod, if possible (especially the "annoyed" moodlet for non-smoker). But it is already really cool without !
Forum Resident
#114 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WolFFang
I like this mod (adds realism to the game and all)
although if I could suggest, could you lower the days of "Needs A Cigarette" to about 7 or so?

Just a suggestion, because normal adult lasts about 21 days before becoming an elder. Or as I remember.

You can tune this yourself. Open the cmomoney_CigaretteMod.package in your package editor of choice and then find the SmokingHabitBuffs XML file. Find the "NeedCigarette" buff and change: <TimeoutLength>21600</TimeoutLength> to what you want it to me. Time is in sim minutes, so 7 days would be 10080.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:54 PM
Okay...you are like the most amazing person on planet Earth right now xDD

Thank you so much for making this possible!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#116 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:19 PM
This is very, very impressive!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:27 PM
Oh, thank you! A couple of days ago I was looking for something like this, and it's like you read my mind! Thanks :D

Is this mod in other languages, or just in English?
Test Subject
#118 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:43 PM
You can tune this yourself. Open the cmomoney_CigaretteMod.package in your package editor of choice and then find the SmokingHabitBuffs XML file. Find the "NeedCigarette" buff and change: <TimeoutLength>21600</TimeoutLength> to what you want it to me. Time is in sim minutes, so 7 days would be 10080.

I think that did the trick. Thanks! :D
Mad Poster
#119 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:01 PM
My sim received the Smoking Habit after smoking his very first cigarette, which seems a bit extreme. I quit the game without saving and started over to try it one more time, and on his first cig he didn't get the habit.

If it is only random chance of getting the Habit or not, is it possible to lock out this buff for 2-3 days: if a sim smokes for 2-3 days (or whatever) then the chance for the buff starts up; or possibly after 10-20 smokes (or whatever) the chance for the SmokingHabit starts up?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:24 PM
The chance of getting Smoking Habit is tunable, its in the cigaretteTuning XML. The higher the number, the less likely the chance.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#121 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:27 PM
Can you make a Smoking Teen Mod too?

what about Translations?
Test Subject
#122 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 3:35 PM
I have the same problem than Rotlocke, the moods don't appear, even after deleting the cache and putting it alone in the mods file. It also doesn't appear in the Moodlet list of Nraas, although the moodlets of the Breastfeeding mod from nonamena appear.

Any idea why? :/
Scholar
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 4:23 PM
Haven't smoked one cig in 3 years (been smoking since 13, lol) - and this mod just gave me a huge craving - awesome work! Will be downloading this for sure and giving it a try - I'm also signing on the bandwagon to enable this for teens - especially since we have the Rebellious trait; those teens with that trait may want to smoke more than others - and also to smoke sitting down; that would be brilliant!! Thanks again for this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 4:47 PM
This is a pretty amazing mod. Thanks for sharing :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 4:54 PM
Oh!! Thank you so much for a great idea and exelent work!!! It adds do much realism to my stories! Thank you!
Page 5 of 59