Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:02 PM
Im very afraid of the idea of Corruption..
No. Not afraid of it as in Ive done something wrong and im scared my neighbourhood might crash but scared of the idea of glitchy sims walking around without faces and such.
Im not sure if its because the word corrupt sounds so sinister or if I just have a thing about glitchy software. Ive never had a major Corruption before and the unknown is freaking me out. I keep visualising a neighbourhood where toddlers walk around with dogs for parents and the ground has pictures of stoves instead of grass. Its makes me shiver when I see the word Corruption All freaky and Glitchy. Especially mrs Crumple botttom and the grim reaper. No one has said much about what happens when you tamper with them.

I guess Its kind of funny actually but still ive seen some surprising pictures. Stovetown for one and sims with no faces and Blue flashy dogs who hover everywhere. I guess its not a rational fear and its not my worst nor strangest fear as im also afraid of headless barbie dolls.

Why do you think this is. Does anyone get what I mean. What did your neighbour hood do if its ever Corrupted.

This is mosly a light hearted thing so feel free to have a giggle at my weird fear.

www.sweetiesims.webs.com
Is looking for moderaters!
We are in the budding stage but still have some truely unique content. Please take 2 seconds to check it out.

JOIN THE NEWEST REBELIATION AGAINST SIMS 3! SIMS 2 WILL TRUELY ALWAYS BE BETTER!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:36 PM
neighborhood corruption, sims version of the apocalypse, practically

is proud not to be a fracking idiot

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 2:16 PM
I didn't have Sims missing faces or blue flashy pets when I blew up my hood. The first thing I noticed was pets sinking into the floor and not being able to move, objects would get stuck and couldn't be deleted and then I had Sims that were frozen. The last sign of the apocalypse were the Sims that would simply disappear and then my game would just crash upon loading.

I probably had things happening prior to the pets sinking I just didn't know they were signs of corruption.

I fear neighborhood corruption myself as I've put a huge amount of work into my hood, however I combat this by backing up my game every time I play.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 2:25 PM
I've played the game since it came out, and I've probably done everything wrong you can, from deleting tombs to removing Sims from the bin. I've never had a neighbourhood corrupt on me, even if I played some of them for years.

I've had minor glitches, but nothing scary, fancy or too wrecking that it caused me to demolish an entire hood.

I'm NOT saying that you shouldn't be careful what you do, just that it isn't necessarily the end of your Sim-world as you know it.

Happy Weekend!

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 2:48 PM
I'm exactly the same, although I've never had anything glitch-apocolypse-like happen in any of my hoods (I actually can't think of any glitches I've ever had, apart from the odd "sim walks around with their hands out in front of them as if they're still reading a book" and minor glitchies like that), I'm really afraid of mucking things up - which by extention makes me scared of most mods and utility programs for The Sims, like SimBlender and ACR: the only mods I have in my game is PerfectGardens and Triplets&Quads, haha. I'm a wimp! ...or maybe I'm just too attached to my neighborhoods to risk seeing them blow up.

And all the Naaru say I'm pretty fly for a Draenei!
LiveJournal - Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:24 PM
Now that I think back when I first got my game I did several VBT and never really saw anything and I played for a good amount of generations. You'd probably have to play for a good while or who knows it might just depend on what you did.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:25 PM
Thats a relief! It doesnt look like major faceless glitches usually occur. Something happening in my game now is random proposals even though they are alreday married or The sim doesnt even know that guy. But ive traced the problem.

www.sweetiesims.webs.com
We are in the budding stage but still have some truely unique content. Please take 2 seconds to check it out.

JOIN THE NEWEST REBELIATION AGAINST SIMS 3! SIMS 2 WILL TRUELY ALWAYS BE BETTER!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:38 PM
Yeah I think most of my major glitches/problems have come from hacks that didnt work or maybe werent updated :D
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:48 PM
We do harp on avoiding corruption VERY hard here, but at some point, you need to just let go and enjoy your game.

To put it in "steps" form:

1. Be aware of currently known VBTs and how to avoid them.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

2. Install fixed, clean neighborhood templates to replace the buggy default premade 'hoods.
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal....030.html#cutid1

3. Keep several saves of game backups to revert to if something bad happens.

4. Remember that even if your backups get messed up, it IS possible to reconstruct a buggy 'hood with SimPE to extract your favorite sims. (Pain in the rear, but do-able.)

5. Enjoy your game, knowing you've done the best you can, and that you have a plan in place in case bad stuff happens anyway!

And don't fret about every little game hiccup. Sometimes, glitches just happen, and they don't all mean BFBVFS.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the odds of ACR corrupting your hood are very low. I keep meaning to install it myself.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
Mods, in general, aren't the cause of corruption. Glitches, yes, due to being incompatible with one's game configuration or with other installed mods, but not corruption.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
I use the Hood Checker regularly and fix up any issues it finds with Simpe. I also use the Lot Debugger from MATY. I have never really had any issues with corruption, but I've been trying to keep up on things just to avoid any problems in the future. Thing is, I nearly never play a hood long enough for corruption to affect it since I get bored and start over all the time.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:47 AM
I think some of the Creepiest glitchs are to do with missing textures. If something messed up the skin meshes and such I guess youd end up with weird eyeless white faces. And then theres soms thumbnails blending into the terrian Textures that can make your grass all white with number and dother stuff.

I believe ACR may be the cause of my random proposals. Its either that or noisantlove. But I trust escado to much to have messed that one up and im guessing that ACR is conflicting with my favourite hack. I like ACR less so Bye bye ACR!

www.sweetiesims.webs.com

Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:01 AM
ACR (or ACR2?) does have a toggle for allowing autonomous proposals, I believe. I didn't think it actually worked, but perhaps it does. At any rate, you should be able to toggle it OFF. (There's really not anything about ACR that can't be customized to suit!)

Also, ACR(2) does not conflict with noinstantlove. I've been using both for years with no trouble.
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:53 AM
My game's had some Very Bad Things done to it early one, but except for some small glitches here and there I haven't had any major problems with it. I know that eventually I'm going to have to rebuild it (and logically, the rebuild would be easier if done before the population grows even larger), but for now I'm just enjoying the heck out of it and am going to continue doing so until it just won't load any more.

I do keep a lot of saves going for it, some of which are very old. Sometimes it's just fun to revisit the past.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:18 AM
Of all simmers you'd think my game would burst into flames first. I have around 9000 custom content files, including many, many mods, hacks, and hacked objects. I've had sims freeze up and had to "delete" them with moveobjects on. I've gone through my CC and accidentally deleted things that were in use. I've had my lots replaced with a flat, reflective rectangle (that was completely bizarre, and I certainly would have borked my game if Mootilda hadn't helped me out!)

However, I'm very lucky, because everything's holding up OK. I did, once, have the stoves-instead-of-grass freakiness happen. It wasn't due to a hack, though, it was because of a poor graphics card.

Dark Side Princess (TS2 CC and pics)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:05 AM
Just a suggestion, but something I tend to do when I'm playing because I tend to become attached to my Simmies is to always have a new custom neighborhood in the game and after I play a family for it's rotation I will recreate that family in the new custom hood while the memory of what these Simmies look like is fresh in my head, and when I finish that full neighborhood rotation I make a back up of both my original neighborhood and the new Custom hood, which now has Sims ready to be moved in when and if my old neighborhood finally implodes.

I know it has been said a ton but the most important thing that anyone should do is keep a back up of each neighborhood they play, as well as their downloads folder, terrain folder, and any other folder that contains any custom files that make your game fun (such as pet breeds). Then if you ever need to you have copies of these folders that you can use to replace the ones in the game if anything goes wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:10 AM
Yep I back up All my new files every month and store them on a disk. ACR was not conflicting with noinsantlove It was conflicting with a larger more complex hack. And the random proposals didnt make any sense whatsoever. In fact I have had A female sim attempt to propose with a penguin...
Nevermind! Fixed now. That must have been the scariest hack so far.

www.sweetiesims.webs.com

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:33 AM
You Guys are very smart and friendly!

Thank you all for understanding my irrational fear.
Ok Im going to check my game still hasnt had A BFVFS yet and maybe make some more Content for my webbie Until A later Oink of time.

www.sweetiesims.webs.com

Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:50 PM
Speaking of game corruption...Can anyone identify the cause of this dreadfully eerie glitch from the pic?

Thank God in Heaven, the screenshot's not mine. I dug it up somewhere (possibly from one of GoS' picture threads), and it honestly gave me the creeps.
And yes, in case you've been wondering, that hideous burnt thing in the middle is a Sim (???). Poor pixel doll...What a sad existance it must be leading, being disfigured like that.
What could be the possible cause of this?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:01 PM
Total guess here, but I'm thinking corrupted CC clothing or skin. Or maybe a graphics card issue.

Neighborhood corruption doesn't usually (ever?) involve graphical weirdness.
Scholar
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:56 PM
I know there are some fabulous threads here that expain in detail what NOT to do, but is there one that gives a possible list of signs of a coming BFBVS? or neighborhood corruption? like the OP, I too am rather worried about corruption, so much so that I am a little scared to play my favorite custom hood (had problems with a different hood that I just got fed up with & deleted). When ppl have experienced the dreaded Apox of Sims (corruption unrepairable), are the signs generally the same? At least the ones that are noticed, I understand that corruption could take ages to be apparent...

Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
I know there are some fabulous threads here that expain in detail what NOT to do, but is there one that gives a possible list of signs of a coming BFBVS? or neighborhood corruption? like the OP, I too am rather worried about corruption, so much so that I am a little scared to play my favorite custom hood (had problems with a different hood that I just got fed up with & deleted). When ppl have experienced the dreaded Apox of Sims (corruption unrepairable), are the signs generally the same? At least the ones that are noticed, I understand that corruption could take ages to be apparent...

The main thing is that you'll start having children and toddlers with LTWs, as well as wants that don't fit for those age groups (you have a toddler who suddenly wants to go on a date, for example.) Disappearing sims, lots becoming literally unplayable, and certain types of Sim memory problems (with the squiggly lines in the memory/thought bubble; perhaps someone can describe it better.)
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:29 AM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 4th Mar 2012 at 8:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Julieryc
The main thing is that you'll start having children and toddlers with LTWs, as well as wants that don't fit for those age groups (you have a toddler who suddenly wants to go on a date, for example.) Disappearing sims, lots becoming literally unplayable, and certain types of Sim memory problems (with the squiggly lines in the memory/thought bubble; perhaps someone can describe it better.)

uh oh...I have just recently spent a couple of weeks trying to track down the reason why I had two lots crash on me every time I tried to load them & a walk by with squiggles when asked what he wanted, I made him selectable & there was nothing listed other than fears...

edit: is the corruption "contagious"? Meaning it's likely to pass on to another neighborhood?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#25 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:47 AM
sweetbaby160, yes those lines are unfortunately a sign of impending neighbourhood corruption. Unless you've done something to access the universal NPCs (like Crumplebottom or the penguin -- the game uses one for every single 'hood you have, and corruption caused by messing with them necessitates a full game reinstall), the corruption should only affect the 'hood it's in.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Page 1 of 5