Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 5:43 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 19th Oct 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Default TS3 CAW spawners
Hello everyone:

I got a question about the caw... im currently making my world thinking of sharing here yet its unfinished; but my problem are the spawners.
cant figure it out how to make them work, i mean I have no problems with the sea water fish spawners but with the gem, metal, butterfly, fresh water and Junkyard spawners. for some reason I've placed but in game they are not spawning nothing .
I've defined a Junkyard lot but in game it should appear a pile of junk right? I guess for the fresh water fish I have to define the fresh water definer like I did with the salt water fish they spawn fish.
So I have no idea how to make it work does anyone knows?

u can contact me @: (email removed) for further details.

thanks in advance,

Willmer
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:10 PM
Most spawners don't spawn at the start of a brand new saved game (day 1 week 1, 8.00am). Usually your must wait 24-48 hrs before the spawners generate something (metal / gem / meteor / seed / bug & butterfie spawners). Fish spawners work at once on the other hands. So eveything seems to be normal in your neighbourhood, no panick :-)

For the junckyard, the lot type itself has nothing to do with the junk piles. You must place the object 'junk pile' on your lot, and there 2 or 3 different piles if I remember correctly. You'll find them with other objects and spawners under the "debug" tab in Buy Mode (icon is a question mark). To see the debug tab, you must enter 2 cheat codes :
testingcheatsenabled true, and
buydebug on

Edit [woops I forgot about the fresh/salt fish]:
I haven't used those objects yet, so her are my guesses.
I would think that you put the 'fresh water designator' in CAW (World) Water to change salt water (default water in CAW) into fresh water. You should probably put at least one designator by patch of water. So if you have 3 lakes, put at least 1 designator in each of them.
Pond water created on a lot is fresh water by default. Change it to salt with the 'salt water designator' (your find it under the 'buydebug' menu too).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:52 AM
hey thanks bellatrixclovis,

I didnt know the spawners had to wait 48 hr of real time. yet in another post i found the buydebug on trick and it worked only for the junkpiles but the spawners not working but I was not aware of the time I had to wait pretty long time.
For the fish spawners yes you have the definer you drag and drop into the render window and then inside the radius you put the spawners is my guess that the definer only affects inside that radius.
anorther question: do I have to wait 24-48 hr of real time unpaused gameplay or just wait 2 days?

thanks in advance

Willmer

P.D.
They edited my email did they? I am pretty new on the forums thing lol
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 8:11 AM
wbarahona - Yes, I moved your thread to the correct forum, and edited out your email address. As this is a forum, we do not reply by email but on the thread, and I didn't want your email to get picked up by spambots.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wbarahona
another question: do I have to wait 24-48 hr of real time unpaused gameplay or just wait 2 days?

It's more or less 24-48hr of SIMS time, nor real life human time So if you fast forward your game speed, you wouldn't have to wait too long I guess.

Thanks for your explanation for the water designator.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:17 PM
Thanks HystericalParoxysm you are right (this adds another thank to your counter lol).

bellatrixclovis: ok thanks sorry for bothering too much with questions but once the world is exported as there are no sims, if I want to share the world: how do you include some sims in the world package? I mean when other you or another person start a game other simfamilies appear like SV, RV, TB?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 4:54 PM
Indeed, creators' worlds are unpopulated by default. There is no proper "built in" tool in CAW to do it. If you want to offer a population with your world, there are 2 methods AFAIK.

1/ The "Old One": you create your population in game and not in CAW, and upload your saved game (in a .zip or .rar for instance) along the sims3pack with your unpopulated world.
The players who downloaded your world + populated save can then choose to:
-either start a new game the usual way, from the main menu in-game, and populate it themselve just like they want;
-or start a game by selecting your saved game and enjoy your world + the population you created.

2/ The "More Elegant Method" found out by Kiwi Tea (he's the creator of Nuia Simoa).
You can find all his explanations in his thread here and in the wiki here.
With this method, you can pre-populate your world in CAW, just like Sun Valley, Riverview ...

Good work with CAW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 8:03 PM
nice bellatrixclovis, im trying those methods as soon as I finish building the homes for the sims... mmmmm... which will take me a loooooooong time lol

thanks for all your help
Willmer