Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 9:16 AM Last edited by lizard4206988 : 1st Apr 2015 at 8:54 PM.
Default Preview: The City of Riverview
Forward: This is a project I've undertaken in the past, but sadly, nearly at the end, placing traffic lights and fire hydrants around all the buildings, my external hard drive died and the work was lost. I have now, redeveloped my original idea and am once again nearing completion (on a very secure and stable data source this time). The City of Riverview, is an attempt to include as many sims, buildings and aspects of the game from every expansion onto a single world map. Using the Riverview Lite CAW, I have constructed a city with 8 sizeable neighborhoods to represent the cities throughout the Sims 3 expansions. This is a huge project, and I am very proud of the result. While in the final stages of CAW editing, I am posting this to both make sure I have everything needed for an upload and to get whatever feedback may be offered by this great community of Sims enthusiasts.

Sims 3 Version: 1.67.2.024017
Create-A-World - Beta Version: 0.2.0.197

Requirements:
The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 World Adventures
The Sims 3 Ambitions
The Sims 3 Late Night
The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Showtime
The Sims 3 Supernatural
The Sims 3 Seasons
The Sims 3 University Life
The Sims 3 Island Paradise
The Sims 3 Into the Future

No Store Content
No Custom Content

Download Options to include:
CAW file (All buildings placed, unpopulated, editable in CAW)
-This download will contain the completed map, with all buildings, but no sims. None at all. Files and folder for editing in Create A World.

Package file (All buildings placed, unpopulated)
-This download will contain the completed map, with all buildings, but no sims. None at all. Package file ready for installation with the game launcher.

Save Game File (All buildings place, fully populated)
-This download will contain the completed map, with all buildings, entirely populated. Save files are manually installed (instructions to be included)
---Sub-note: I have looked into the possibility of creating a populated package file, but at current the potential for sims corruption (horse households, mummies, ghosts) has prompted me to forgo this. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ting_CAW_Worlds

Screen Shots:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4...iew?usp=sharing

Lot List:

Total Lots: 315
Commercial Lots: 133
Residential Lots: 182

The City of Riverview contains Lots and Residents from Riverview, Sunset Valley, Isla Paradiso, Starlight Shores, Bridgeport, Appaloosa Plains, Moonlight Falls and Twinbrook. The following PDF file contains a complete list of all included lots, their source, size, type and household/public type.

Neighborhood overview:
Riverview
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Sunset Valley
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Isla Paradiso
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Starlight Shores
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Bridgeport
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Appaloosa Plains
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Moonlight Falls
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##
Twinbrook
Community Lots ##
Residential Lots ##

Custom Lot: (only lot I built myself)
Bridgeport Plaza
Community - Visitor's Allowed
At the center of the Bridgeport community I created this little tomb. Spoilers to come for this one.

Performance Notes:

Tested On:
Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7 OS

-Higher Graphic Settings
-On home lot
--Testing with a single adult sim and adult dog household.
---Slightly jittery performance, but I noticed similar behavior after Island Paradise ep when playing in a standard world.
---Pizza Delivery never arrived.
---Visitors said they had to leave when it got late, hung out on porch yawning until resident asked everyone to leave.
---So far so good.

-Out on the Town
--single adult sim.
---Routing over walking bridge seems to work fine.
---Sims still love subways way too much
---Rendering is about as expected during travel, textures load after a second or two on transfers.
---Slightly jittery
---Nothing overly intolerable

-Testing at busy lot
--Adult sim and Dog attended festival.
--8 Sims showed up of their own accord.
--Performed fine.

-Performance Summation
---Everything seems to be functioning as expected. Yes, the high population volume is likely the cause of some very mild lag, but like I noted, I've seem similar performance jabs after the Island Paradise EP - overall, it is not even close to crippling even if its not smooth (and I'm not blaming IP for the flow). Basically, if your computer can handle the Sims at Highest Graphics settings, you can run this city and probably be happy with higher graphics versus a few slow loading textures and the occasional processor pause. Lower graphics settings (especially turning down visible lot distance) will undoubtedly improve performance.

I would like to personally test this on a machine with lower hardware specs, but the only one available to me (aside from my good PC) wouldn't run sims for more than a minute (let alone a massive world like this)

If anyone who has an adventurous spirit and a computer they doubt would handle a world this size as well would like to test this and let us know how it runs for you, just let me know and I'll get you a copy of the saved world folders.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 12:12 PM
This is amazing, it would kill my laptop but it's visually appealing, you've clearly put a lot of work into it.

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:05 PM
Agreed - to both the fabulousness, planning/execution and the computer-killing-abilities
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:29 PM
Mixing every town from every expansion pack into one world! Pretty nice idea! And it looks really great combination. But I am not so sure my laptop could handle this, only one town at a time killing my computer enough.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:35 PM
Yea, once I get a test run down (which I'm about to do) I'll let you know how smoothly it runs, but yea, unfortunately this city is going to require some solid hardware.