Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:40 PM
Default What's the size of a grid square in real life?
Can anybody tell me what the lot grid size equates to in real life? Is it one square = 3 feet? 10 feet? Or some other measurement?

Thanks! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:47 PM
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:05 PM
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...ght=square+feet Just adding to fix a link.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 12:58 AM
Thanks! I hunted all over, and did a search for "grid", "grid size" and "squares" and nothing came up. (Now I know why I couldn't find my thread when I went looking for it again, lol. Btw, is anyone else having trouble with subscriptions?)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 3:25 AM
Here is my opinion on that:

A standard US bathtub is 5 feet long...there are other sizes but that is the basic. Since a bathtub in the game is 2 squares ( and the game is made in the US) that would mean that one square would be 2.5 feet. But who knows..its all conjecture.

It doesnt really hold true for everything in the game though. Ask anyone who as tried to build a house in game from a real life plan...something is always off proportion wise...if you make the interior accurate, the exterior is off and vice versa.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies