Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 2:25 PM
Default Sims2Pack Files&&Clean Installer.
I've got myself into an enormous muddle with all of this, and although this site is very good, I can't find anything to help the complete idiots like myself. So I thought I'd come here to look for a bit of guidance!

Every time I double click on the Sims2Pack files that I've got, an error message comes up, saying 'Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id+0x51c (1308). Thread id=0xf30 (3888). Click OK to terminate the application. Click CANCEL to debug the application.' If I click OK, then, as promised, the program terminates, but if I click cancel yet another error message comes up, this time saying 'Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings. cordbg.exe !a 0x51x. Click retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually. Click cancel to abort the JIT debug request.' I click retry and nothing happens.

Please help me, I'm completely at a loss and have no idea what's going on! I recently installed Clean Installer, and that's the program that it claims to be trying to open the files with, so perhaps it's a problem with Clean Installer? I don't know, though, I'm probably just being stupid.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 10:40 PM
I remember having similar problems a while back. Clean Installer had been working then, one day it wasn't. I deleted Clean Installer, downloaded the latest version, unzipped it and Viola ... everything was suddenly okay again. ... of course I also did some computer maintenance -- cleaning up temp files, clearing caches, etc. It is possible that my maintenance activities cleared up the process, but I don't think so. I do them fairly often, so it is unlikely the root cause was just a 'dirty, disorganized' system.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 3:28 AM
This is not a site Issue. Moving to the Sims2Pack forum.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.