Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:26 AM
System.IO.IOException error??
Help

every time I run my program and try to enable my packages, I get this error
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:29 AM
I cannot see your screen capture. Please edit the image link.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 3:05 PM
Are the files in your Downloads folder read only? Does this error occur when you scan the folder, or after you try to enable the files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:27 AM
GeneralOperationsDirector..

I try to just show the error box, hope you can see this one. If not let me

simsample...

in my download folder my files are not read only, I have not changed them after downloading them.. this error happens when I try to enable the files in my download folder, I have gone through the folder with Clean Installer and gotten rid of all the duplicate packages, and empty packages. I can enable a bunch of them but then suddenly the error will happen. I have to close the program and start over, I can start at a different part of the list and not have problems, but then suddenly again I'll have the error. It is not in the same packages as the other times.

thank you both for helping

if there is anything else I can do to answer your questions please let me know

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:37 PM
It may be that you have a file with a name that the Clean Installer cannot read. It has problems with some nonalphanumeric characters- such as accented letters, asterisks, hashes etc., so if you can see any of those try renaming them. You could also split your files into sections to scan, so that the CI as to read less of them at a time. Also, you can reenable files by changing the file extension back to .package using a batch renamer program.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 6:59 AM
I arranged the files by MD5, and have it narrowed down to about 20 files it could be, I'm still working at it.. lol thanks for the help