Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:30 PM
My sim married to a townie who wants to be a fireman, so now I'm playing two careers at the same. It a little crazy but it doesn't matter, I enjoying a lot this career.

Well I think I made a very important discovery. I found a house that is a "mortal trap". I don't remember the name of the lot or anything but it's the mansion over a hill, with a big pool and a pond outside and a very big octogonal room with a trampoline inside... Well, this house has a bathroom at the right side of the main door, and the door of the bathroom is in front of the fireplace back side (?). In the last big fire one sim was trapped in that bathroom and I couldn't break down the door because off the fireplace. My sim was complaining all the time because the path was blocked. I tried to move the fireplace in edit town but my game crashed while saving, so the next thing I'll do the next time I play is fix that house.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:21 AM
I (my rockstar) married Kate Pistachio, my sims always end up marrying her of the maids, and she's now a firefighter. It IS a little hard, I have a level 10 world famous surgeon in the family, aswell as a kid, and a rockstar. So the rock star is home all day, the kid comes home early and the doctor always has something going on, so really it's hard to control my fire fighter sim at the same time. But I manage. Somehow. I like it, this far, at least. Havent really tried any of the other new careers yet.
Eminence Grise
#53 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Patry.
In the last big fire one sim was trapped in that bathroom and I couldn't break down the door because off the fireplace. My sim was complaining all the time because the path was blocked. I tried to move the fireplace in edit town but my game crashed while saving, so the next thing I'll do the next time I play is fix that house.

Try turning on Testingcheatsenabled. Then you can shift-click on the floor and choose "Build on this lot". That should let you delete the fireplace without exiting and bringing up edit town.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:15 AM
I'm REALLY loving the fire fighter career! My guy was really jumping ranks and stuff. I specially like the big fires and the earthquakes. The only thing i don't like? My game glitching out when i finally get the chance to have my fire truck and alarm at home... It rings and says there is a big fire, the game hangs for a few minutes, then it all drops. its WEIRD and glitchy. =/
Alchemist
#55 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:46 PM
I finally ran into the problem I knew I would when following your sim to work. My firefighter sim got married to a book store clerk and wouldn't you know her first day of work after moving in she overslept while I was with the sim at the firehouse. Luckily I realized halfway through her shift that she back home in bed. I had to switch to the house and send her to work. I guess I'd better make sure she's awake now before I go to the firehouse. Talk about a married couple. "I'm going to work honey, don't oversleep."

Quote: Originally posted by Nekochanpurr
I'm REALLY loving the fire fighter career! My guy was really jumping ranks and stuff. I specially like the big fires and the earthquakes. The only thing i don't like? My game glitching out when i finally get the chance to have my fire truck and alarm at home... It rings and says there is a big fire, the game hangs for a few minutes, then it all drops. its WEIRD and glitchy. =/

Sounds like a mod incompatability
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#56 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LordRikerQ
I wish someone could mod the ghost hunter career onto the fireman career. It'd be alot more fun having a ghostbuster team and a echo 1 to maintain not to mention a spooky firehouse
Doable. Make the relevant meshes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:32 PM
I like it so far It's exciting, yet challenging. I just think it's weird how he has to do all the work! He's the only who has to put out fires, that's not fair! But it makes him feel more of a hero so I guess it good for him
Test Subject
#58 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM
I've been playing a sim with this career for a while now. His girlfriend and his roomate both have Monday through Friday jobs in the business and political career so it's been working out great. I enjoy being able to skill build with him while he's waiting around for some silly sim to forget their waffles in the oven or what have you.
I agree it seems a little lame that his fellow coworkers sit around and watch tv or play foosball all day. For some reason Agnes Crumplebottom decieced she would join this profession... I wish she would burn up in a fire already!
Overall I think my favorite feature about having a firefighter is the pick up line "I'm a firefighter." Haha. Makes all the girls swoon! :lovestruc
Inventor
#59 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:37 AM
It amuses me to no end that the old lady Ms. Riddle is a firefighter in my game. And that guy Juan. Which at first I was playing a different sim as a stylist and he worked in the salon as well. Then when I switched to another household to play a firefighter he was working as a firefighter. Which he wasn't getting much done because he was flirting and making out with Ms. Riddle.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Scholar
#60 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:12 AM
whats the point of the other idiots at the station they never help you in emergencies!
Scholar
#61 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 8:01 AM Last edited by ToRnado : 18th Jun 2010 at 12:27 PM.
i just got a thunderstorm you get it when the crims hq gets a building disaster

damn just got another earthquake!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:29 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find the fire truck in buydebug mode? My Sim's fire engine disappeared for some inexplicable reason (and it's not in his inventory or stuck somewhere in the town), so I would like to edit the lot and replace it. But it's not there under vehicles and it's not under the special objects in the question mark category either. Dos anyone know where specifically it can be found?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 6:01 PM
I just love this carreer! It's funny because my cowardly Firefighter is afraid of the dark and not fire! I have Earthquakes so far and I'm a lvl ten so working at home is really fun (And driving her firetruck to the park or something....)
Instructor
#64 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:29 PM
i have a firefighter sim too though she's still in a lower level the missions are fun so far, you can even maintain things in the fire station while waiting for missions.
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 10:30 PM
One thing I've found recently I don't like about firefighters... Anytime I'm playing another family and I try to invite my firefighter sim friend over or chat on the phone, he is ALWAYS on his way out to do something... Even when technically they should have weekends off.
How am I supposed to woo him if I can never get him to come over?
Eminence Grise
#66 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 12:13 AM
Could just be a bug, but don't firefighters at the top of their career get a work from home option? Maybe that triggers this lack of availability.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM
I have a sim as a firefighter now and I haven't had a earthquake yet! LOL
Scholar
#68 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 1:44 AM
I just tried playin a firefighter for the first time. My sim had a small fire emergency so I went n took care of the fire. However, the couple living there were still screaming and such even though the fire is out. I cant click them and I checked the whole lot, but the music was still going o_o. So after my grade went to a B, I made my sim go back to the station, then I get a popup saying i was fired because my sim was attracting a locust swarm or something wtf o_o But I checked his job and he still had it.. lol
I only have twallan's updated story progression mod so I dunno if its because of that.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:03 AM
I hate Blaise Kindle - she keeps setting her house on fire. And now my sim put out a large house fire at the Drudge house and she was inside. Maybe next time I'll just let her burn up.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:55 AM
I have one guy as a fireman but have not yet played him as a firefighter yet. But I was wondering, has anybody played a fireman with the intensive fire mod?
I'm planning on first playing it normal, so I know what the career is like, but then start using the intensive fire mod, just hope it's compatible.
Scholar
#71 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:46 PM
My sim who was in the Architect career married a sim who wanted to be a fireman, so I tried it for the first time. I didn't really like it, although that might have something to do with how difficult it got to play both professions at the same time. I don't love it, but I do like it - it was quite fun to play although I found it a lot more demanding than the other professions, it's also not very family-friendly as it was very difficult to try to raise my sim's kids as well as keep on top of it; even after his wife got a regular 9-5 job at the office building I struggled, so eventually quit. Might try again with a single sim though.
Eminence Grise
#72 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 8:44 PM
Yeah, I'm currently playing a firefighter who's married to a ghostbuster... I figured that since she works mostly at night and he works during the day, they'd be compatible, but there IS some overlap in their schedules, and with the kid (and the servo, lol, who's a writer) things are a bit challenging I think I'll have her retire soon... she's at the top of her career, and she can still collect and sell spirits freelance using the ghostbuster career rewards while the rest of the family sleeps.

I think the most fun way to play a firefighter, though, would be to place a mini home lot with nothing but a mailbox and trashcan right next to the fire station, and then have em basically live at the station That's definitely on my list of things to try. Hm, wonder if non-firefighters can also sleep there (for if the firefighter gets married)? Haven't tested that yet. Could you actually raise kids in the station?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
The glitches I've gotten are the same as everyone else. Not being able to see all of the fires in the windows. I just have to keep circling the camera around until the game decides that I'm worthy and usually by that time my firefighter is already at grade D status.

Also, once my firefighters reach the top level, they just stop wearing their uniforms. Even if I purposely put them in the uniform before they go to work. (This doesn't happen if they leave from the fire station, just from home.) It's irritating watching the firefighter fight in a dress or in a robe.

And yep, they need to do something about firefighters who are not in the active household. My sim adult kids could only see their firefighter dad if they went to the fire house. From what I gather, they do come home sometime between 2am and 6am. They stay home for about 3 hours then go right back to the firehouse.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bettybrant
Can anyone tell me where I can find the fire truck in buydebug mode? My Sim's fire engine disappeared for some inexplicable reason (and it's not in his inventory or stuck somewhere in the town), so I would like to edit the lot and replace it. But it's not there under vehicles and it's not under the special objects in the question mark category either. Dos anyone know where specifically it can be found?

I'm not sure why it disappeared but the Woo Woo 4000 is available in buydebug, under the Misc. Objects tab, it is kinda easy to miss, but if you have WA it should be listed right after The Sphinx.
Eminence Grise
#75 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 9:54 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 5th Jul 2010 at 4:42 AM.
So I went ahead and converted George Dean's house in Riverview (clearly meant to be an old fire station) into a working firehouse, placed the smallest size empty lot right next to it and moved George there (he just uses it to park his motorbike) and set him to live in the firehouse. This is fun Juansfalcin is right, the rest of the firefighters stay there all the time except for a couple of hours in the early morning. Always plenty of people around and stuff going on They have workout and martial arts equipment, a trampoline and a knubb set, and the bookcase which has skill books on community lots. I put a telescope and easel on top of the tower, which I made accessible using fire poles. June Shallow is a firefighter, and George is trying to figure out whether to steal her from Tom, or go for Don Lothario instead He lives on quick meals from the fridge, hot dogs he grills, and veggies from people's gardens that he roasts at the fire pit (the river is right there too, I should get him some fishing skill so he gets a lil more protein).

One note about building a firehouse, btw: you can't place the firetruck until you remove the floor above its parking space. However, once you've put the truck in, you can put the floor back. There's one small bit that clips through the floor above, though.

The silly part is that even if George is at the firehouse at carpool time, the carpool still shows up at his lot next door :p

EDIT: Aaaaaaand just after I post this, Buzzler's No Carpool mod is released, problem solved
Page 3 of 4