Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:02 PM Last edited by suzetter : 9th Nov 2010 at 6:06 PM. Reason: correction
Default Slander and Loss of friend
When my c5 star celeb sim gets slandered I don't usually know why. The first time I knew it was for fainting in public (had him do it in front of papparazzi for attention) but since then I don't know what triggers it. Does the slander show up anywhere --like in the paper? Are there specific things that trigger being slandered? The last time it happened the only new thing he had done was pick up some gems --could that be a trigger?

I had my sims go to City Hall to sue for slander this last time and he won which was a nice payout but if he had lost I would have been annoyed.

Also, loss of a friend -- my 5 star celeb sim has a lot of friends but also the long distance friend reward so he doesn't have to keep working the relationships constantly. He and his wife ( 4 star) just had a baby girl. They went to a party and hired a babysitter. After they got home, the baby had the lost of a friend moodlet. The only person the baby has come into contact with other than its parents was the babysitter and that guy did nothing with the baby as she was seriously in the red in hunger, hygeine and social so I can't understand why that would trigger a losss of friend since I suspect the babysitter looked in the crib when he arrived and never went back into that room again. The next morning the father had a loss of a frined moodlet too (the mother never got one).

Even though he got the moodlet the next morning, it makes more sense that the father may have lost a friend (he has so many I can't keep tract) and not the baby who doesn't know anyone. But why would the baby get the loss of a friend moodlet? Is that typical? (Seems stupid if it is.)

I'm playing epic life span but I really can't take the larva stage more than a few days so two days later (had to wait until the baby was back in the green) I aged her up but didn't have the choice to give her another trait. Except for the night with the babysitter she was a pretty well kept baby--shouldn't I have been able to give her a third trait? Or is that not an option again until childhood? I just can't remember as its been awhile since I had a baby born in-game rather than creating toddlers in CAS

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:13 PM
Disgraceful actions will show up as a little red popup (like when you raise skill, etc.) and can be either true stuff that you actually did, or a false accusation. There are indeed specific things - if you look on the thread for my celeb mod, there's a full list of the things you can be disgraced for.

You have a 60% chance of winning a case if you sue for slander - whether or not it's true doesn't matter.

No idea on the loss of friend thing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:16 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 9th Nov 2010 at 7:44 PM.
I have some toddlers in my Twinbrook game and I'm pretty sure they only have 2 traits that I chose when they were born.
I don't have a celebrity sim at the moment so can't add any experiences to that, but I have had similar confusing loss of friend experiences. Like my sim was at work and, when he came out, it said he had lost a friend, but how he managed to do it I never knew.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 7:42 PM
My five star celeb got slandered three times already (all false accusations). The last time happened when she was talking to an old friend. At the sudden, the moodlet appeared, the guy started to yell with her, and they had a terrible fight. Every time she's slandered, she loses friends. She can sue the slander and win, but the friendships must be remade, which of course pisses me off.
The second time she was sleeping, and in the next morning the paperboy booed her.
If the new disgraced status affects everybody around, babies included, then it's apparently a glitch and should be corrected.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:19 PM
I love the slander for 'woohooing' in public, suing and winning. Especially when it was true all along.
Woohoo in public, then getting 6K from the Government is all kinds win.

Although I feel it's better to dispel the rumors by talking to a friend.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:39 PM Last edited by suzetter : 9th Nov 2010 at 9:50 PM.
Thanks HP, that was helpful and your mod is needed because it is too easy to become a high level celeb. So far I like playing celebs but I also want there to be some challenge and exclusivity to my sims achieving that status. I'm going to download it later when I get to my own machine. And thanks for giving instructions on how to tweak it since I don't really like my sims to woohoo with supernaturals (Uh, them being dead and all. Ew.)

I believe now that last time my sim was slandered may have been because he woohooed in the elevator with his wife.

That my celeb lost a friend was probably from ignoring them too long but why the heck should the baby get the moodlet? Probably happens due to carelessness on EA's part. I can't imagine any reason for it to happen purposefully.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:48 PM
I've only played one Bridgeport game but my five-star celeb has been falsely accused three times. She's always been informed why. So as it goes, the first time I trotted her down to City Hall, she sued and lost about $3000 along with six fair-weather friends. The following accusation destroyed another 11 fair-weather friendships. Having an abundance of LTR points I had her invest in the Moodlet Manager, used it to "cure" her of all her bad moodlets and she went back to sleep and didn't bother with any legalities. The third time she got her little hinie back down to City Hall and was determined to win, although she had "suffered" the loss of ANOTHER ELEVEN fair-weather friends. This time, however, out of curiosity, I had a look at all those "friends" and it turns out that all those Sims were at the lowest level of friendship. They were not her "real" friends. She won her day in court and after paying her attorney I think she was about 5K ahead on this round.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Long Distance Friend reward is NOT working since Late Night was installed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reachsims
...I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Long Distance Friend reward is NOT working since Late Night was installed.

Really? Then it is odd I've only gotten the lost friend msg once. LN has come with its own cache of problems.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 10:10 PM
My 3-Star artist went to the Junkyard to collect some scrap for a metal sculpture. He proceeded to Detonate the large junk pile, which of course blew everything up on the lot. It was reported that he was seen blowing up stuff, and got the negative moodlet and lost a couple of friends. Went to City Hall and fought the case (I was in the Junkyard...perfect right to blow stuff up there. It's not like I was blowing stuff up in the middle of a club. They are trying to sensationalize everything I do just to sell newspapers.). I lost the case...of course, it might have been the 3 other Sims standing in the junkyard when the explosion went off...

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#10 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
The slander thing is going to be examined as part of the next AwesomeMod. For one thing, acts that are not obvious will require that they be witnessed for anyone to write about them. If a tree falls on a mime in a forest and nobody sees it, does anyone care?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The slander thing is going to be examined as part of the next AwesomeMod. For one thing, acts that are not obvious will require that they be witnessed for anyone to write about them.

Please, do.
Quote:
If a tree falls on a mime in a forest and nobody sees it, does anyone care?

This is a philosophical question. I don't think Sims care about Philosophy, so, no.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
I don't think Sims care about Philosophy, so, no.

They can discuss it with mixologists. Anyway, the whole slander thing is extremely badly thought out. Things like supernatural woohoos and out-of-wedlock children (considering that in Simland no one has babies unless the girl says "yes, I want a baby") simply make no sense under any sort of circumstances.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:37 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Long Distance Friend reward is NOT working since Late Night was installed.

Well for my case i noticed that it wasn't really working well before LN
Alchemist
#14 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:31 PM
My celeb sims is a serial cheater so he takes his slander and loves it :P
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#15 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:52 PM
You know, it's not slander if it's TRUE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:30 PM
Is there a way to make a disgraceful action still appear in tabloids without impeding a sim from getting into clubs?

It sucks to have to disable stuff like divorce from being a disgraceful action. It's the typical kind of stuff that feeds tabloids. But to let it keep a sim from getting into some place?

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:30 PM
I'm hoping that someone might make a mod that prevents the loss of friends because of slander. It would make sense that relationships with aquantainces went down but wouldn't your friends be all like "ohmegosh it's totally fine we love you nomattewat!"? And other celebrities now not to believe anything in the papers. Duh.

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 11:12 PM
Does Slander make it into the game newspaper? I haven't seen any. Maybe I need to have my celeb Sims be more diligent about reading the newspaper.

I'm not surprised if celeb sims lose celeb friends over slander since celebs always publicly refer to other celebs as their friend even if they're merely acquainted. Also, they'd be anxious to distance themselves from bad press.

It would be funny if the slandered celeb wore the paper bag over their head rather than just have it in the moodlet.

Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:40 AM
...I hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Long Distance Friend reward is NOT working since Late Night was installed.

i think i've seen somewhere in the code that says the disgrace action would reduce the LTR of sims.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The slander thing is going to be examined as part of the next AwesomeMod. For one thing, acts that are not obvious will require that they be witnessed for anyone to write about them. If a tree falls on a mime in a forest and nobody sees it, does anyone care?

Oh, brilliant! I can't wait for saner slander, the current system is a tad ridiculous.

For example, my sim just got disgraced for "Woohooing with the Occult." Which is true, as her boyfriend is a vampire. Okay, fine, I can see that being a 'scandal' for the tabloids. No problem -- I wasn't even planning on doing anything to contest it, "it's a fair cop" and all that.
But then I realized something. My sim and her boyfriend were in her private apartment. In the basement of her building. Nobody else lives remotely near her -- I've checked, the nearest resident is a good two floors up. Yet the disgrace notice popped up literally minutes after the 'scandal' happened, before the poor vampire had even left -- so it's not like he told anyone. Besides, she's only a one-star celebrity, and it was the middle of the night. I've only seen a papparazzi once, in a bar that happened to also be holding a couple of other celebrities. It's not like she's got a mob peering in her nonexistent windows.

So who, exactly, not only found out about my sim's little fling but printed it too, thus letting the general populace know? My mind, it is boggled.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:20 AM
I'm actually quite happy about the loss of friend thing (though usually I can never tell cos my vamp sim has the stone hearted LTR) because she seems to collect aquaintences, I think it might be through the hunt action.. I have to periodically go through and delete them, and when I do I swear the game is faster. Slander is good. But I wonder if the stone hearted would care about it..

I hate the fact that everyone in the city seems to adopt the neurotic trait when they walk out of their homes. It annoys the shit out of me. Is that slander and pap related?

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 10:48 PM
Ok, my sim she did have a child out of wedlock, but I sued for slander 3 times in a row and lost every time! Is there a MOD that let you win all your slander cases?