Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:19 AM
Default red highlights (?)
Hello, thankfully this isn't a problem about the installer it's self, just a question about what it shows...

Sorry about the title, didn't know what else to call it...
recently downloaded a community lot (not from here) I have yet to install it because when I checked out the cc there was a red highlighted package that came up as "pedestrian portal". When something is highlighted in red that means it's a mod or bad? Sorry, I do hope I've posted this in the right spot & that I'm not asking a competely buffoon-like question...

Thank you
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:36 AM
Things highlighted in red are hacks. Be very careful of lots from the exchange as hacks spread like the flu. Make sure not to accidentally install lots with hacks as you can wreck your game or at least get something you don't want.
If a hack is needed for a lot to work the creator should clearly say that and give you a link to the hack. So long as you check any lot with CI and untick hacks or cc you don’t want it should be safe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#3 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:50 AM
Hacks change the behavior of the game. That's why they are flagged. You should never install a hack unless you understand what it does, and whether it is compatible with your installed EPs and SPs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 5:11 AM
thank you both very much! I thought as much, so very glad I didn't install it the lot was from GOS but the creater didn't give much of a description...