Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Island Paradise stuck platform (bug?)
Now, I'm not sure this is the right place for this but I hope it is. I apologise if I'm wrong.

Okay, my problem is a stuck Island Paradise metal platform. I build a house which had a piece of platform in the front yard. When I realized that it was in a wrong place, I tried to remove it. I have never had any problems with them before but this time only the top came off but the metal legs remained. I have tried everything; Shift+click on it, moveobjects on it, sledge hammer, etc. I tried to place it again but it just makes another platform in the same place inside the old one, so that there's two of them, altough the newer one can be removed normally. I even tried DebugEnabler's radius purge but it did nothing. Here's a pic of the problem in hand...

I'm currently out of ideas and all suggestions are more than welcome.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 1:19 PM
Is that from the Column category or the stilts platform/foundation tool?

Have you tried NRaas' version of the Purge aka Nuke? In his Debug Enabler? Or his Reset Lot via MasterController (or is it Overwatch?)?
If the Reset Lot don't work, how about placing it in the Clipboard and/or Lot Bin? Does placing it back clear things up?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 5:17 PM
Yes, it's the IP stilts foundation and yes, I have tried the Nraas Debug Enabler's radius purge, tried resetting the lot, tried both the clipboard and the bin. Even moved it from one world into another. It's like it's not there; you can see it but in reality it's in another dimension, so to speak. I can even place anything I want in it's place/on top of it, other foundations, objects etc. Even simmies and pets won't get stuck or get routing failures. It's like ghost foundation.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:10 AM
Aren't the foundation tools supposed to be 4-click-high above ground and as high as it needs to be if the terrain is lower? Why are those stilts so tall on ground level? Was CFE cheat ever used on this Lot? Perhaps use it again to make a pond and lower terrain or something to force it back to that height, and see if it is delete-able then?
I'll make a note to experiment when I load my game to test stuff. I haven't played with IP's stuff at all, especially not in Build mode.

Your game is otherwise fine and not borked? If you can otherwise load and play a game, this may belong more in Create->Building, if so...

I'll let you know if I cannot replicate the bug in my game, then you can upload it somewhere. I'm intrigued.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:18 PM
It was normal hight at first but when I finally decided to play on that lot no matter what and changed it to yet another neighborhood, the hight increased after leveling the lot. That's why it looks so high now. CFE was never used. Pond placement was tried. And yes, the lot is completely playable. This is the original...

But I found out something today. I decided to go back to the beginning, to the original lot. It's a community lot with hidden room markers. This time I did remove the hidden markers like before but did not change the lot assigment to residential after that. Still being a community lot, the removal of the stilt foundation was successful this time. I think the stilts foundation + hidden room markers don't work well together. It's the only explanation I can think of. Now that I know that the lot is borked, I'll just have to give it up and start all over again. I think it's the only solution.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:35 PM
If there are still Community Lot objects when the Lot was re-tagged Residential, a few things may have gone wonky.

Things are all resolved?
So, there's no need to move this then? Can just lock and archive?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 4:45 PM
There were no community objects on that lot but yes, you can lock this thread now. Thank you.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: answered