Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:37 PM
Default Sim will not travel to University
The problem I am having is this and it is becoming very irritating:

My sims once they are ready to leave for University can get to the new University "town" screen and then... nothing. After I choose the house to rent/live the sequence just stops. My sims have paid the rent (?) for the house or room and the screen does not change. I remain in the move in screen, looking down on the University town. Nothing I have done seems to help. Some other posts have recommended that I save the family to the bin and then start a new town. If I try this the same thing occurs. I get to the new town and choose a house, pay for it, and the screen does not change. I am still viewing the new town. The check mark is greyed out (just like it is in University) but I am not 'moving into' the new house. Going back into Edit Town and changing to a new household results in the same issue.

I have not been able to go to University nor have I been able to move to a new town without this happening. This has been occurring since I got the University expansion and since the ability to move to a new town was introduced. My sims just end up hanging there in the I have recently restated my game and have the following downloaded:

Sims 3
Pets
University
Island Paradise

I have no mods installed right now. All of these have been downloaded from Origins and I am seriously hoping that is not the cause (I am unable to buy the actual dvd version of the game and expansions as I do not have the cash to do so).
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by turtlshellz
I have no mods installed right now.
That may be the cause of your problems.

Error Correction and Prevention have some mod suggestions that help to clear up or prevent the most pesky and common bugs. I would recommend that you have those, at a minimum.
Especially when traveling to WA / Uni / ITF worlds, Twallan's Traveler is essential.