Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Traits from non-installed EPs via Master Controller good or bad?
Hello there,

just have downloaded the MasterController with the CheatsModule to add more traits to my Sims. But now I've seen that there are also listed traits from EPs I do not own or have installed. So, my question is: Will it crash or harm my game if I add listed traits from non-installed EPs to my Sims via MasterController?

Thanks in advance and greetings,
Sun ^_^

I apologize for my potential wrong English and the lousy grammar.
Thank you. (^.^)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:30 PM
The traits that your game doesn't support probably wouldn't work, even if you can add them, although incompatible data can crash a game. My -guess- is that you would end up with a sim with a useless trait, since the change is done in-game and an in-game change tends to be safer than doing it with a package editor out of the game. Or it simply would not be added at all. But I haven't ever tried it, because they are all listed as hidden traits and have no icon.

If you choose to experiment, do it in a test game that you won't mind deleting if necessary.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 10:31 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply!
The problem is now fixed. I dunno why, but suddenly it shows only the official (and hidden) traits of my installed EPs. So that's right then, I guess.
Again, thank you, though. ^^

I apologize for my potential wrong English and the lousy grammar.
Thank you. (^.^)
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: answered