Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:27 PM Last edited by jealousghost : 31st Jan 2014 at 10:00 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sims are stuck in a boat and/or stuck off the map
Hello! First issue that I couldn't fix in a long time...I was playing on a custom lot on an island. This lot happened to have a river (sort of) going through it. For some reason, one of my sims decided to take her child and go somewhere by water taxi (weird since they have a speed boat docked there). Anyway, the water taxi shows up at the end of the "river." I don't even know how it got there. It seemed stuck. But the sims boarded it anyway. I told them to get out (very sternly ;P ) and clicked cancel, told them to go elsewhere, etc. But the action remains as a circle with the boat on it and an X through it. None of them will take any actions.

I thought, well, ok, I can clear this up by moving the boat somewhere more routable. It didn't help. I read somewhere someone just deleted the boat via moveobjects on. That didn't help. Well, it SORT of did: Now the boat is gone and the sims are sort of off map. Like they're at the very edge of the water map and seem to be stuck underwater or something because I can't see them anywhere.

Thankfully, I saved before deleting the boat. But I was wondering if anyone had a solution here pre or post deletion of the water taxi? Thanks!

EDIT: Quick update....when doing a resetsim, it makes the sims invisible and seems to semi-reset them. As in, they will do some of the actions I told them to do. The child is sometimes visible, sometimes not. The adult is always invisible.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 9:53 PM
Open the cheat box and type resetsim Firstname Lastname, that'll pop them back home.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Open the cheat box and type resetsim Firstname Lastname, that'll pop them back home.
Oh, you posted before I updated. Resetsim sort of resets them...they turn invisible and will only take some commands (not all). So that's not doing it =/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 9:52 PM
Anyone?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 10:10 PM
Have you tried using the fix invisible sims option on DebugEnabler? http://nraas.wikispaces.com

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 3:01 PM
Perhaps even the resetsim option in MasterController, which is much more vigorous than the Game resetsim