Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 8:03 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 5th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM. Reason: New Male Maternity Clothing
Default Medieval Same Sex Pregnancy & Wish For Child (Male Maternity Clothing)
This mod is no longer updated. A much better version can be found here, Grim's Medieval Core. This includes a better pregnancy, and wish for child mod, and also adds several more selectable features.

I have heard a couple of people ask for this, so here is a Sims Medieval Same Sex pregnancy mod, and a mod which allows Asexual Pregnancy by wishing at the town well.

Same Sex Mod
The Same Sex mod leaves normal Male/Female pregnancies as they are, but allows the sim that chooses the Woohoo interaction to become pregnant from Same Sex Woohoo.

Wish For Child Mod
This mod adds an interaction to the town well that allows you to wish for a child. The sim that wishes for a child instantly becomes pregnant.

Male Maternity Clothing
Added a package which will give males bodies during pregnancy. They will not show pregnancy, but they at least they now have bodies. Thanks to vidov whos Male Nude Cloth mod led me to the answer, and to DarthKitsune for pointing it out.

New Core Beta
The Core Beta has been moved to Grim's Medieval Core

Compatibility
Both of these mods require a core mod in order to work. Therefore they will conflict with any mod which modifies GameplaySystems.dll, and they require the d3dx9_31.dll. The mods are designed to work together, and both enable lock saving if you’re using my locking doors mod.

Installation
Same Sex Mod
Simply place the SameSexPregnancy_V_1_3_13.package in you’re Mods/Packages directory.

Wish For Child Mod
Place the WishForChild.package in you’re Mods/Packages directory. You will also need to install either the SameSexPregnancy_V_1_3_13.package, or the GrimsTSMCoreEnabler_V_1_3_13.package (for those who want only Wish For Child)

I try to test these mods as well as I can, but I would advise making a backup before using this any mod. As always if you have problems with the mod I'll try to help.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SameSexPregnancy_V_1_3_13.zip (2.19 MB, 4096 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Enables Same Sex Pregnancy
File Type: zip  WishForChild.zip (3.5 KB, 2256 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Enables Wish For Child interaction at town well (must use either the SameSexPregnancy_V_1_3_13.package, or the GrimsTSMCoreEnabler_V_1_3_13.package)
File Type: zip  GrimsTSMCoreEnabler_V_1_3_13.zip (2.19 MB, 1904 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Core for Wish For Child (do not use with SameSexPregnancy_V_1_3_13.package)
File Type: zip  MaleMaternityClothing.zip (77.9 KB, 1965 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Clothing for pregnant male sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:10 PM
Interesting, I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#3 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:02 AM
I've been waiting for this one, thank you!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 3:38 PM
Yay! Thank you!

Vinny Lecavalier, simply the best!
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:35 PM
yay nice is that compatibility with mission with a mission with your baby children ??
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:27 PM
Wow. Am I the only one who just exploded in awesome when I saw this?

In any case, thank you good... lady, or sir. This is a great service in equality.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexanderFebo
yay nice is that compatibility with mission with a mission with your baby children ??

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

My only guess would be that you're asking if it's a quest for Wish For Child, as was mentioned in another thread. Right now it's not, but I really like that idea and am thinking about doing that when I get more done on my quest maker.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:20 PM
I like the wish for child option. Thaanks so much!

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 12:11 PM Last edited by will961 : 15th Jul 2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: reply to answering post
wow, this is great....thank you! question though-- with the wish mod, my sim made a wish and the pregnancy tune played, but he didn't become a floating head. Is there the same kind of delay as in when a sim regularly becomes pregnant?

Thank you grim for the answer-- my game froze up in CAS and I had to end the program so I did not see the process fully complete apparently.

for these mods
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM
Yes, male pregnancy (including wishing) runs just like female pregnancy, so it takes a few game hours to appear.
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:15 PM
I love this mod! my Build Master is pregnant all the time now *sweet revenge is sweet*

*I have no idea why I hate the Build Master so much. . .
Instructor
#12 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM
Also, be warned that Children can wish for pregnancy . . .and be granted their wish *facepalm*
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Also, be warned that Children can wish for pregnancy . . .and be granted their wish *facepalm*

Wow, I hadn't tried that. I'm working on an updated version of the mod, should I fix that? It'd be pretty easy.
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 5:49 PM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 16th Jul 2011 at 6:15 PM.
nah don't worry, it's not autonomous so when it happens it's on purpose. What's odd, is that the children (at least the boys) don't age up in that weird way where they're an adult when you talk to them but a child when their idle, they stay children except for a little bit of body stretching when the pregnancy is revealed. but floating midget heads. . .I love this mod XD

*Edit: I can confirm that children stay children after giving birth. . .
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:59 PM
hmm that mod should have a pregnancy after two guys or girls after make love one of them should to get in pregnancy and give a children it's will be nice too see but no to go to well water by then your child if you have a husband child for him will be stepfather but should be a his real father
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:52 AM
I added a new core that I'm currently working with. Feel free to give it a try.
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:42 AM
*Happy Dance* Awesome!
Instructor
#18 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:55 PM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 17th Jul 2011 at 3:26 PM.
The Tab only displays the previous tab's content, but other than that, it's awesome! All of my kids will have heads of state as parents!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
The Tab only displays the previous tab's content

It sounds like you have another core mod conflicting with this. Basically, the mod is being loaded, but somewhere it's loading a different GameplaySystems.dll or UI.dll than the one in my package. This is the exact symptom you would get if you already have a mod which overwrites the GameplaySystems.dll or UI.dll. If you want to tell me which mods you have I may be able to help figure out which one is conflicting.

Thanks for giving it a try. There's really only so much I can test on my own.
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:37 PM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 17th Jul 2011 at 9:01 PM.
I use 47 different mods, so it might take a while to figure out which one, but the fact that I can't access it isn't a problem, it isn't interfering with my simBoys giving each other babies. My first set of simGirls couldn't give each other babies, but the boys could, idk if it requires a man or if the first time out was a glitch.

I don't much play with simGirls so, again, it's not a problem.

Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:26 PM
My MedievalDoorLockSavingEnabler conflicts with the core mod, but lock saving is enabled by default with the core so it should be removed. Also, I believe debugenabler is a core mod, so it will also conflict. I believe if you remove those two files it should work.

It surprises me that it works at all with those two packages installed. Have you tried it through a WooHoo or Wish For Child? Wish For Child would still call my pregnancy overrides, but not regular WooHoo.
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:53 PM Last edited by DarthKitsune : 18th Jul 2011 at 12:20 AM.
I can get a woman pregnant by a man through woohoo, but I've never been able to get a man pregnant by another man through woohoo, Wish For Child works so well I'm shocked there are no twins.

I don't mind not woohooing to get another man pregnant, I just wanted to see what the tab was all about.

*edit: that fixed it, my guy got knocked up first try. Danke schoen!
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 9:58 PM
I don't know if it's the combination of my mods, along with the addition of the new male nude clothing mod, or the mod itself, but now my preggo male sims just get naked when they get pregnant. still no stomach to show, but at least they aren't floating heads.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:24 AM
I don't know if it's the combination of my mods, along with the addition of the new male nude clothing mod, or the mod itself, but now my preggo male sims just get naked when they get pregnant. still no stomach to show, but at least they aren't floating heads.

They have a body!?

That could be the answer I'm looking for. Maybe now I can get rid of the floating heads. Thanks so much for letting me know. You're turning out to be a great tester for this mod.
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 1:41 AM
Glad I could be of service. also, after i removed the two suggested mods, I was able to make my Empress pregnant by another female and male/male woohoo resulted in a child. All is as it should be in my little world. . .I guess.

I checked to make sure the nude male body wasn't a glitch, the whole shut down & reboot thing, and if it *IS* a glitch, it is a recurring one. the male sims become floating heads again when they transform into sleeping clothes and get into bed, but when the get out it's back to the nude body.
Page 1 of 3