Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 7:23 PM
Default :help: Testers Wanted for Custom Career
I've created a fully loaded custom career complete with custom outfits, career events, and opportunities. It is a grocery store career that is full time and somewhat based on my real life experiences from when I worked in grocery stores and retail stores and as a customer. It is pretty much complete aside from the possibility of some more career events/opportunities being added later. I'm looking for people to help test it out and provide me with feedback and suggestions as well as error reporting and some screenshot taking for me when/if I upload it here. Anyone interested in helping?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 2:15 AM
Hi t888
I am usually one of the first to sign up for a test, but life is very busy right now. I think if you would like more volunteers, it would help if you provide more information. Does it need other mods to allow it to work? Has it been tested by you, and you feel that it is ready for a public beta test? How much of a time commitment does the testing require? How would testers get a copy of the career, uploaded to this thread, or PM a link? Hopefully, this info, and whatever else you can think of to provide clarity, will recruit some volunteers for you. It sounds amazing!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Hi t888
I am usually one of the first to sign up for a test, but life is very busy right now. I think if you would like more volunteers, it would help if you provide more information. Does it need other mods to allow it to work? Has it been tested by you, and you feel that it is ready for a public beta test? How much of a time commitment does the testing require? How would testers get a copy of the career, uploaded to this thread, or PM a link? Hopefully, this info, and whatever else you can think of to provide clarity, will recruit some volunteers for you. It sounds amazing!

Sorry I didn't answer, a lot has been going on. Of course, it needs Nraas Careers but that is all. It has been tested a bit by me and I do feel it is ready for a sort of public beta test. I don't think it requires too much of a time commitment, I could PM a link to testers. And, if it helps, it DOES have custom opportunities.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 7:09 AM
I'd be interested in testing it out. I can't guarantee a reliable QA responsibility, though. I never play the game without a crap ton of mods, so it might be a bit difficult to isolate a possible bug to being caused internally rather than by another mod. It seems like a fun mod to mess with, though.
At the rate of replies here, you might just be better off releasing the mod as a "early beta release" on the site's downloads section (where all the mods are), and just put "Beta" in the name and explain that it is an early release in the description. Might get more people testing it that way.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
I'd be interested in testing it out. I can't guarantee a reliable QA responsibility, though. I never play the game without a crap ton of mods, so it might be a bit difficult to isolate a possible bug to being caused internally rather than by another mod. It seems like a fun mod to mess with, though.
At the rate of replies here, you might just be better off releasing the mod as a "early beta release" on the site's downloads section (where all the mods are), and just put "Beta" in the name and explain that it is an early release in the description. Might get more people testing it that way.

Well, if you want to test it, I'm still up for that. Been away a while, surgery and recovery.