Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Playing as a Pet.
Hi there, I am not sure if I posted this in the right forum, I didn't want to post it in the general part.

Basically, is it possible to play as just a pet? Like a mod/hack for them?

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:46 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a mod to allow you to play as a pet. I think I've seen it done before but I don't exactly know where a hack or mod would be so my best bet is to probably search around here on the MTS website or search Google for tutorials if any. Good luck! :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM
I might be misunderstanding the question, but I believe the NRaas Mover mod allows you to create a household that has no adult human sim in it by simply moving the originally required adult out. Or, of course, you could create a human + pet household and kill off the human. As long as you never switch active households, the pet-only one might be okay.

You will need to bring a human back into the household for certain functions such as managing real estate. One might think a pet would have trouble working a computer or the television's remote control because of that lack of opposable thumbs thing, but usually they don't seem to mind.

Or is this entirely not what you meant?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:45 AM
Animals are resourceful and don't necessarily need to take their meals from human-provided pet bowls. They can find other sources of food, although the EA store auto-filling pet dish might help. Though now you have me wondering if there is a mod that would allow them to order a pizza without having to push precisely the right buttons on a house phone.

I've admittedly never owned a cat, in real life I mean. Would they really care if the litter box mysteriously disappeared on them when they can just go outside as needed?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
.... Would they really care if the litter box mysteriously disappeared on them when they can just go outside as needed?

Given that food is not an issue, and going outside is not an option, most cats will seek anywhere they can bury their "deposit". This will often be a pile of clothing on the floor, a bed (they can scrape the bedspread over their offering), or even old newspaper; barring the availability of these options, they will find an out of the way spot in a corner and use the floor. But many cats that rarely, if ever, go outside will just continue returning to the place where their litterbox normally sits til they can hold it no longer and eventually do their business on the floor there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:22 PM
I might be misunderstanding the question, but I believe the NRaas Mover mod allows you to create a household that has no adult human sim in it by simply moving the originally required adult out. Or, of course, you could create a human + pet household and kill off the human. As long as you never switch active households, the pet-only one might be okay.

You will need to bring a human back into the household for certain functions such as managing real estate. One might think a pet would have trouble working a computer or the television's remote control because of that lack of opposable thumbs thing, but usually they don't seem to mind.

Or is this entirely not what you meant?

I meant playing as pets only, like I don't need a human sim. Would I make some sort of random sim, then the pet I want to play and make the sim unplayable and just have control over the pet.

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paperfriends
I meant playing as pets only, like I don't need a human sim. Would I make some sort of random sim, then the pet I want to play and make the sim unplayable and just have control over the pet.

That's one way, or move the human sim out with the NRaas Mover mod in place as suggested. Or use MC > Add Sim to add the human to a different household (not tested, I think you can do this though you still might need Mover in place) while retaining control of the original household with the pets.

Or get rid of the human with MasterController's Total Annihilation if you were really only using them as a placeholder to create the household.

But again, if you ever switch active households I'm pretty sure the game will quickly swoop in and some sort of pet social worker will remove the animals. Unless others report that this doesn't necessarily happen.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM
and..who will pay the bills?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:30 AM
Pets can hunt/collect things to make money if they have the skill. Working in the medical profession or hacking on a computer all night admittedly might be a bit beyond their abilities. But I would probably use NRaas SP/Money module to make that household exempt from having to pay bills if needed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 10:31 PM
Pets can hunt/collect things to make money if they have the skill. Working in the medical profession or hacking on a computer all night admittedly might be a bit beyond their abilities. But I would probably use NRaas SP/Money module to make that household exempt from having to pay bills if needed.

There is a money module? Where can I find that? I've been using NRaas for a long time, and I never came across that.

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paperfriends
There is a money module? Where can I find that? I've been using NRaas for a long time, and I never came across that.

It is Here fourth one down under Versions... You'll see Base Mod - Extra - Career and then Money
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 5:57 PM
Sure. the would have to eat veggies, meat, fish, fruit to survive. There stuff would get taken, as they can't pay bills as a pet
Site Helper
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:31 PM
There is a way to pay the bill. Wait until the "you only have one more day to pay this bill" notice pops up, and then click the "Pay the bill" button and pretend it's an automatic payment some kind human had set up for the household.

Assuming, of course, that the pet was able to get the money to pay the bill.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook