Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Draghy : 10th Jul 2015 at 9:29 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
White Map Screen and Settings always reset
Hey players. I recently installed some custom content from jennisims and I suddently got this when I ran the game. I did download a lot of CC before, from jennisims to but this never happened before. I extracted all the sims3pack thingies with Sims3Pack Multi Installer and then ran the game a while later. All the settings were restored to default and when I as I was playing I noticed a white screen in the map mode. The only things visible were the water and the map tags. Those things are really annoying especially since it always resets my settings to the lowest.

I googled the problem and it seems that it was caused by using beta Windows 8. Well I have Windows 7 and I can't really figure out what's wrong. I also read something about reseting the Video Card driver to factory default but sadly I'm using the onboard 256 MB graphics unit. I tried removing all my CC and deleting the cache files but no luck.

And my specs of course:
Base game only installed (No EPs)
Game Version: 1.67.2.024002
CPU: Core Duo 2.66 2.67
RAM: 3GB
GPU: Onboard Intel Q35 Express 256 MB

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Run a clean game?

What's that supposed to mean?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 10:39 AM
I can't believe this is the 2nd time in a week someone ask me that.

Hehe, check out this thread.

I've already tried moving the The Sims 3 folder in documents but it's the same. I don't think that CC caused this issue. Also device config seems to be almost blank:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:26 PM
That.... is not good.

Can you run other games?

I can run Minecraft, Terraria and CS Source, all working fine. Also I looked in my backup The Sims 3 folder and DeviceConfig seems the same there as in the new The Sims 3 folder. You think that could be the problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:12 PM
Yah, if deviceconfig is blank... that's not good. If you could run other games... then the problem is with TS3. You might need to reinstall since you already did a clean run and the problem persist. But I would wait for a 2nd opinion see if someone else in the forum knows more about it.

I have no problem with reinstalling, but as you said, I'll wait to see if anyone knows more about this issue. Thanks anyway :3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 4:46 PM
SOLVED!

Reinstalling and applying the patch fixed my issue. I then added my save and my CC and everything's back to normal.

Thanks y'all :3