Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 6:34 PM
Default simpe crashes the sims 2
Ok so i got SimPE yesterday, and re-colored some objects. And later on when i wanted to try them out, my game crashed at the opening screen. It did that twice.

Now what? I dont wanna reinstall it cuz I don't wanna lose everything i had...
Is there any way to fix this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:18 PM
Remove the recolors that you made. SimPE doesn't crash the game by itself. It does, however, make it easy for you to do something that causes the game to crash. As long as you haven't touched the actual game files without making a backup first you can generally recover without having to reinstall.

Edit: This is for problems with MTS itself, but I can understand getting lost trying to figure out where to put your question. I would have put it in the Sims 2 Tools Forum (Found under Create in the top menu.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Remove the recolors that you made. SimPE doesn't crash the game by itself. It does, however, make it easy for you to do something that causes the game to crash. As long as you haven't touched the actual game files without making a backup first you can generally recover without having to reinstall.

Edit: This is for problems with MTS itself, but I can understand getting lost trying to figure out where to put your question. I would have put it in the Sims 2 Tools Forum (Found under Create in the top menu.)
thank You i think i touched one of the files but i use the SimPE wizard
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 9:37 AM
Moving.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.